• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heated Steering Wheel Replacement?

danbrew

Anybody completed a mod for a heated steering wheel? I have an 08 LTZ and love it, but was in a rental caddy this week and really enjoyed that heated steering wheel up in Minneapolis...! Figure it would come in handy down in Chicago too.

OEM would be best, but I'd think about clean aftermarket solutions...?

thanks,

danbrew

Never heard of this one...

I have been in rental caddy with AC seats and I want that one!

yeah, those seats with the cold switch on 'em are pretty nice.  i'da paid an extra grand for that and the heated steering wheel on my Avalanche had they been available...

when someone figures out to add AC seats to my 2002 I am all over it

I'd image it can done, but you would need the perforated  leather seat covers for it to work.

Back to the heated steering wheel, after looking at some diagrams there seems to little difference with in the actual wiring. I believe it's all contained in the steering wheel, I say try it, just buy the whole steering wheel.

BTW there is one on EBAY 199. from LMQ 

Found out some more info on the steering wheel swap, you will also need the SIR coil also not just the steering wheel. 

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone ever figure out how to add the Heated Steering wheel on a 2007-up? What about the coil that is needed?

I just bought a 2007 EXT, and it did not come with the Heated Wheel. I bought a Heated wheel off ebay, but I need to know what else is involved in getting it to work.

I know this is old, but did you ever get this mod to work?  I'm interested myself.  Don't know if its just a plug and play thing.

I'm looking to do this myself.

Found this writeup:
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/105656-heated-steering-wheel-install-in-gmt-900-sierra/

I know this thread is a dinosaur, but still pertinent...especially with winter hitting many areas of the US.  I used the above link for instructions and it took me less than 2 hours to complete the swap to a 2013 Escalade heated steering wheel...and that's with a couple of interruptions by my neighbors to chit-chat.

I know this is dead, but I am waiting for the clockspring to come in, I bought a wheel off eBay....can I test the heating element by hooking the green plug on the wheel up to my 12v power source?

Back