• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Recent Mods to my 07 you may find interesting.

xxtruxx1

SM 2007
Ok boys (well, & ladies), here are some pics of recent mods I've done to my truck. I felt ambitious today after getting some work done for the LSAT, so I decided to take a break & snap some pics of Abbey. Here ya go! Tell me what you think.

Here's the K&N 63 series CAI....

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,512
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,478
The next few are how I set up my train horn. I haven't seen an install like this on any Av & I got to keep my spare along with my saddle bags. I have a toggle switch inside the cab to toggle between the normal & train horn. It's activated by pressing the actual factory horn.

Attachments

• IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,468
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2,451
& more..here's a panoram of the install & dome light LEDs.

Attachments

• IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,435
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,431
Sweet mods! ?We see you've got the modbug too. ?(Not fatal, just draining on the wallet.)

Going to have to look at your TH install - I like where you put the tank/compressor. ?Did you try to fit the horns in the engine compartment? ?I'm sort of hoping that I can get the horns around the main engine wire loom. ?Measurements look like they might fit, but it will depend.

Let's jsut say that if I don't get train horns on Dec 25th, I'll be getting them myself on Dec 26th!

chAVey said:
Sweet mods!  We see you've got the modbug too.  (Not fatal, just draining on the wallet.)

Going to have to look at your TH install - I like where you put the tank/compressor.  Did you try to fit the horns in the engine compartment?  I'm sort of hoping that I can get the horns around the main engine wire loom.  Measurements look like they might fit, but it will depend.

Let's jsut say that if I don't get train horns on Dec 25th, I'll be getting them myself on Dec 26th!

chAVey, I love where the tank & compressor are. They fit just perfect & cannot be seen. From what I saw, the horns didn't fit in the compartment. Well, not unless I put them practically under the engine near the bumper of the truck around where the skid plate is.

I love the horns under the car though. They seem to sound extra loud. If you need any help with the TH install as far as specifics, etc. Let me know.

Btw, it's a 1.5 gallon tank, but I could've fit a 3. It would've been around $50 more.

Yea, I'm thinking they may fit right in front of the driver position on the side of the engine.  I took some measurements and got the "boxed" measurements of the horns, but it would really depend upon how they fit around the engine wire harness.  Better if they could be broken down and mounted as 3 separate horns.

Attachments

• Engine 001 Small.JPG
    Engine 001 Small.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,360
  • Engine 003 Small.JPG
    Engine 003 Small.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,356
Nice  (y) keep on Modding

atlantaavman said:
Where did you get the dome LED's?

He probably got them from SuperBrightLEDs.com.  If I remember correctly, they are the 4410's and come in multiple colors - I got the red ones myself.

Attachments

• Red Light 2 Small.JPG
    Red Light 2 Small.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 2,335
chAVey said:
He probably got them from SuperBrightLEDs.com.  If I remember correctly, they are the 4410's and come in multiple colors - I got the red ones myself.

Yup. That's exactly correct. I went with the cool white I believe to match my HIDs & license plate lights. So there you go atlantaavman.

AVcop, yup. The train horn install took me a good 4 hours or so. I missed a meet because of it. I thought it would be a simple install, but it proved to take a little creativity on the mounting as you can see. Now I'm trying to figure out what to tackle next lol.

chAVey, I too measured that engine compartment &, at least the horns that I got, don't fit. I have a separate set of horns that I never ended up putting on which are a set of 3 separate black ABS horns that can be mounted separately or together. Those were actually for my dad's AV, but he doesn't want them anymore. Anyway, the point being that the horns didn't fit in that area of the engine compartment. Then again, my largest horn is 16.5 in long I believe & I'm not sure of the actual depth, but it was huge.

Thank you to all the others who posted. If you guys want I can get some video of the horns in action?

Oh yea, chAVey, did you paint your fuse box cover yourself? If so, what did you do exactly? I know typical sanding/painting/clearcoat, but what grain/paint/etc did you go for? I'm scared of painting it myself because I don't want paint melting in the engine compartment. Thanks bro!

xxtruxx1 said:
Oh yea, chAVey, did you paint your fuse box cover yourself? If so, what did you do exactly? I know typical sanding/painting/clearcoat, but what grain/paint/etc did you go for? I'm scared of painting it myself because I don't want paint melting in the engine compartment. Thanks bro!

Yep, painted them myself.  Don't remember the specific grits - I think about 400.  Not really smoothing anything out - just roughing it up so that the paint will stick.

I pulled the parts off, sanded them, primered with a plastic specific primer, sanded again, primered again, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, sanded, apply decals, clear coat, sand, clear coat.  Yes, I did each of these steps twice.  And it took a full can each time - so that's 2 cans of primer, 2 cans of paint, and 2 cans of clear coat - about $50 total.  Took about 2hrs drying time between each coat with a heater on it.

Don't worry about the heat from the engine - not hot enough to bother it as long as the paint's not directly touching the engine block. 

I used DupliColor for the paint and clear and got a plastic primer in a spray can from the local Napa paint supply store.

I painted the fuse cover, the engine cover, the 2-pc radiator cover, and all the associated push rivets.

And here's the overall pic:

Attachments

• 2007 MiniMeet 010 Small.jpg
    2007 MiniMeet 010 Small.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2,324
That looks really good, chAVey (y) I've been meaning to do something like that with mine, just haven't had the time.

good looking mods (y)

hey xxtruxx1 that all looks great.  My first things to do after my lift are the horns/compressor/tanks and CAI.  Sorry if this is a dumb question but where exactly is the compressor and tank mounted and how did you wire it up?  I was going to email you but I can't for some reason. 

Back