• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2002 Remote Start Wire Guide

itsstopher

PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Function? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Color? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Polarity? ? ? ? ? ? ? Location
12v Constant? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Red? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? +? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Ignition harness
Starter 1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Yellow? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Ignition harness
Ignition 1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Pink? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Ignition harness
Ignition 2? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? White? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? +? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Ignition harness
Accessory 1? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Orange? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? +? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Ignition harness
Tach? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? White? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?AC? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?PCM (3)
Brake switch? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?White? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? +? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ? ?At switch above brake pedal
Parking lights? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Brown? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?lt. blue plug at BCM (1)
Dome Light Supervision? Use Door Trigger Wire
Lock? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Blue? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Brown plug at BCM (1)
Unlock? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?White? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? +? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Brown plug at BCM (1)
Factory Disarm? ? ? ? ? ? ?Lt.green? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?In driver's kickpanel (4)
Door Trigger? ? ? ? ? ? ? See notes (4)

OEM Anti-theft: Yes Type: PassLock 2

Notes:
(1) The BCM is located behind the drivers side of the dash. The plugs on the BCM face towards the rear of the vehicle. The parking lights are in pin A5 and the headlights are in pin A11.
(2) Use tan for the drivers door located in pin B4 of the purple plug, and for the passenger door it will be a orange in pin B2 in the purple plug or dk.blue/white in pin B11 of the lt.blue plug, must diode isolate these wires.
(3) PCM is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover. On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the tach wire is located at pin 10 in the "red" connector, and VSS wire is located in pin 50 of the "red" connector.
(4) Also found in the purple plug of the BCM.

02BCM.JPG

(y) good information

Unlock and lock are on the brown plug A4 & A3 and not the  lt blue as noted above.

Found out the hard way.

Fixed it, The Pic was correct and now the location is too  :E:

I'd like to set up a relay to flash the courtesy lights while the alarm is going off, which wire in the BCM controls the courtesy lights that light up while pressing unlock on the factory remote?

:welcome: to the club  :wave:

It looks like you can ground Pin A8 on C1 (brown connector, dark blue wire) to trigger the courtesy lights.

Look here for BCM info

Attachments

• 02courtlghts (Medium).JPG
    02courtlghts (Medium).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 529
Where is the Bloody horn wire Chris?

I don't want to pop off the airbag just to locate it.

Z66Modder said:
Where is the Bloody horn wire Chris?

I don't want to pop off the airbag just to locate it.
@ the BCM on connector C1 pin A9 it is a black wire and it is looking for a ground to turn it on.

Look here for BCM info

Look at the last pic in the first post  :p "HORN TRIGGER"

Does this work for any remote start system or just a certain brand?  Just got a remote start system, so this is all new to me.  Also I was wondering if the remote start needs a interface module?  FYI I have the AutoStart AS3472TW(A) kit.

All the wires you need to cut or tap into  will be the same if its a 2002. You will need a bypass security module if your kit does not have one included. It is based on the resistance generated by the trucks' passkey module, usually near the 180,000 ohm range.

Okay I think I got it, the module is the box that all the wires plug into, another question can I use the existing antenna on top of the roof  as the antenna for the autostart?

Bethel Avalanche said:
Okay I think I got it, the module is the box that all the wires plug into, another question can I use the existing antenna on top of the roof  as the antenna for the autostart?

The Onstar antenna?  Really only need a long piece of wire that is not laid directly on sheet metal. My kit came with a dipole antenna that I attached to the stem of my rear view mirror. If I can see my truck, I can start it.

Another question, my kit came with an autostart module, do I need a separate interface module for the pass lock function?  This autostart thing sounds all complicated!!!   

My 02 remote start stopped starting. I hit key it tries to start but doesn't stay on. I keeps trying but just doesn't remain running. Any idea where to look?

peterg said:
My 02 remote start stopped starting. I hit key it tries to start but doesn't stay on. I keeps trying but just doesn't remain running. Any idea where to look?

Who made your remote start?

Chevy did not install them in 2002..

peterg said:

Your security bypass module isn't send the right code. Too many false starts in a row and it will lock out even your key start for I believe 10 min..

It was already installed on vehicle when I bought it new, so I'm not sure. It's a Z71 package.

peterg said:
It was already installed on vehicle when I bought it new, so I'm not sure. It's a Z71 package.
It is an Aftermarket brand installed by who knows....

NOt GM that is fer sure...

Might want to find good local auto stereo shop to check it out

This may be a little late to be of any help but you might want to check the tach wire(I think thats what its called) from the remote start.  It should be hooked to one of the injectors.  If this isn't seeing the injector pulesing it will think that the motor didn't start and the module will shutoff.

this might be to late  ??? :rolleyes:but it might be a good info for future 02 wanting remote start installed.  i got a viper remote start installed and i had the same problem where the engine will fire but wont turn completely on. the problem is you need to go to best buy and ask  for a module  for remote start they should know what model you need make sure you ask car stereo department. or get it installed with them because the module needs to be flash with latest firmware or it will be  useless :E:  found that the hard way saving you trips back and for to bestbuy... :E:

Does anyone know if the light green factory disarm wire can be used to also arm the system?

Z66Modder said:
Does anyone know if the light green factory disarm wire can be used to also arm the system?
FACTORY ALARM ARM Arms with lock

Is there a wire in the BCM or anywhere else that I can use to connect the heated seats to an aftermarket alarm?
I'd like to hook the seats up to the Aux or trigger 3 wire on my viper 791XV that I have had installed for years in this truck.

Back