• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 Remote Start Wire Guide

itsstopher

PM 2018
PM 2017
PM 2016
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Function? ? ? ? ? ?Color? ? ? ? ? ?Polarity? ? ? ? ? ? ? Location
12v Constant? ? Red? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Ignition switch harness
Starter 1? ? ? ? ? ?Yellow? ? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Ignition switch harness
Ignition 1? ? ? ? ? Pink? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Ignition switch harness
Ignition 2? ? ? ? ? White? ? ? ? ? ? +? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Ignition switch harness
Accessory 1? ? ? ?Orange? ? ? ? ?+? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Ignition switch harness
Tach? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? White (3)? ? ? AC? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?At PCM pin 10 in green connector
Brake switch? ? ?White? ? ? ? ? ? +? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?At brake switch?
Parking lights? ? ?Gray/black? ? -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? At BCM pin B2 in brown connector?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?or at headlight switch
Lock? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Door lock or Data Bus interface needed
Unlock? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Door lock or Data Bus interface needed
Dome light? ? ? ? ?Gray/Black? ? -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Black Plug At BCM
Factory Disarm? ? Lt.green (4) -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? At driver door module in door
Door Trigger? ? ? ?see notes (2)
Parking Brake? ? ? ? Lt.blue? ? ? -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? At parking brake switch?
Horn? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Black? ? ? ? ?-? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? At BCM pin B9 in grey connector
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? or sterring column harness
Rear defrost? ? ? ? ?White? ? ? ? -? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?At BCM in Gray conn. Pin A8

OEM Anti-theft: Yes Type: PassLock 2

Notes:
PLEASE NOTE: Passlock wires are at BCM in grey connector. Yellow (signal wire) is pin B3 and black (ground wire) is pin A2 Can also be found at
the ignition harness.
(1) These wire color are for basic model only (no power windows). You can also found these wires in 9 pin connector coming out of driver's side fusebox. As for the upper models, there are modules in each door. You must use data module to control the doorlocks or relays for reversing polarity in each door.
(2) You must use these wires and isolate each with diode Basic model:
LF=Gray/black pin B4 lt.blue conn, RF=Black/white pin C4 lt.blue conn, LR=Lt.blue/black pin A3 purple conn, RR=Lt.green/black pin A2 purple conn
Upper model: LF=Gray/black pin B4 lt.blue conn @ driver's door module, RF=Black/white pin C4 lt.blue conn @ pass. door module, LR=Lt.blue/black pin A3 purple conn, RR=Lt.green/black pin A2 purple conn
(3) The PCM is located on driver side of engine, close to battery. The tach wire is located on connector C1 pin 10, White wire.
(4) OEM remotes arm & disarm but doesn't work when the engine is running. You must use a data module to control the factory alarm.

03,04,05BCM.JPG

ItsStopher said:
Function           Color           Polarity              Location
12v Constant    Red               +                     Ignition switch harness
Starter 1           Yellow           +                     Ignition switch harness
Ignition 1          Pink               +                     Ignition switch harness
Ignition 2          White            +                     Ignition switch harness
Accessory 1       Orange         +                     Ignition switch harness
Tach                  White (3)      AC                   At PCM pin 10 in green connector
Brake switch     White            +                     At brake switch 
Parking lights     Gray/black    -                      At BCM pin B2 in brown connector 
                                                                     or at headlight switch
Lock                   Door lock or Data Bus interface needed
Unlock                Door lock or Data Bus interface needed
Dome light         Gray/Black    -                     Black Plug At BCM
Factory Disarm    Lt.green (4) -                    At driver door module in door
Door Trigger       see notes (2)
Parking Brake        Lt.blue      -                    At parking brake switch 
Horn                      Black         -                    At BCM pin B9 in grey connector
                                                                    or sterring column harness
Rear defrost         White        -                     At BCM in Gray conn. Pin A8

OEM Anti-theft: Yes Type: PassLock 2

Notes:
PLEASE NOTE: Passlock wires are at BCM in grey connector. Yellow (signal wire) is pin B3 and black (ground wire) is pin A2 Can also be found at
the ignition harness.
(1) These wire color are for basic model only (no power windows). You can also found these wires in 9 pin connector coming out of driver's side fusebox. As for the upper models, there are modules in each door. You must use data module to control the doorlocks or relays for reversing polarity in each door.
(2) You must use these wires and isolate each with diode Basic model:
LF=Gray/black pin B4 lt.blue conn, RF=Black/white pin C4 lt.blue conn, LR=Lt.blue/black pin A3 purple conn, RR=Lt.green/black pin A2 purple conn
Upper model: LF=Gray/black pin B4 lt.blue conn @ driver's door module, RF=Black/white pin C4 lt.blue conn @ pass. door module, LR=Lt.blue/black pin A3 purple conn, RR=Lt.green/black pin A2 purple conn
(3) The PCM is located on driver side of engine, close to battery. The tach wire is located on connector C1 pin 10, White wire.
(4) OEM remotes arm & disarm but doesn't work when the engine is running. You must use a data module to control the factory alarm.

03,04,05BCM.JPG
  K going to aske once more lol dose this apply to the 2002 ext also? :help:

tboz1 said:
  K going to aske once more lol dose this apply to the 2002 ext also? :help:

NO... .
2002 is different then 2003-2006 by big huge margin due to different computers..

Hey all.  Need help with the passlock II system.  I installed one of the directed electronics remote start systems only to find out now that it doesn't have the passlock bypass or the data bus for the locks built in.  I have no money to buy anything right now and the bypass is $106 at best buy which is way to much.  A local installer and the guy at the help line put me on the right direction.  Cut yellow wire.  Turn key to run.  Measure resistance.  Reconnect wire.  Then I get a little unsure.  Connect status out from remote start ( which is negative?) to 30 amp relay. Then relay to a resistor or resistors matching the number you measured earlier to yellow wire.  Am I on the right track?  By the way, if this was the problem, couldn't you test it out by putting the key in the ignition and turning it to run, then activating the remote start?  Wouldn't that work to test the remote start?

Thanks

I highly suggest not doing the resistor method.  Any thief could simply trigger than relay to ground to bypass the passlock system, they then can hotwire, or break your ignition to steal your truck, super easy.

To test your remote starter without the bypass installed, just stick your key in the ignition, do not turn it.  Remote start it.  The truck will see the key resistance to bypass the passlock for testing purposes.

The best darn bypasses out there are from www.idatalink.com , you will want the ADS-DLSL GM1 , they go for $65

Thanks for the help.  Can you answer 2 questions for me

1) Why is that bypass module better than the xk-01 or one of its clones?

2) I did what you instructed and put the key in the ignition and tried to remote start it with no success.  The Av cranks and it seems to start but dies immediately.  I think the remote starter is killing it instantly, but I really dont know for sure.  As its running / dieing there is a very brief message on the DIC that says battery not charging.  I have never got that message any other time.  I checked the remote starter brain for "the reason it last shutdown."  Again, I dont know that the starter is actually shutting it down, but the error message that flashes indicates the problem is "RPM (tach Mode), battery voltage (battery mode or virtual tach mode)."  I have the tach wire hooked up, but I have tried tach mode, virtual tach mode, battery mode, and none mode and no luck.  any ideas?

Either you have the wrong tach wire, or you didn't learn the tach to the module properly, or you don't have the right ignition wires (you need to power up both pink and white).

There's nothing wrong with the xk-01, I just love the ease of use and quality of the idatalink products.  You can get the xk-01 for $20-$30 on e-bay if you want, screw best buy.

I would suggest starting a new thread for this, no one looks in here.

Ok......continued in the remote start wiring topic.  Please look if you have a min.  I checked what you said and have a question.

Back