• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

No sound..radio,door chime, nothing..

glassavalanche

I have no sound. . Radio is playing, but no sound. I open the door, i get no chime. No clicking when I use the blinker. . . Everything works fine but I have no sound. . none. .

I'll assume you have a Bose Radio system in you AV

Look in the underhood fuse box in the lower right area there is a fuse labelled radio amp, click that first.

:welcome: to the club

What year AV? What radio?

Sorry, got disconnected for a week or so. . . .
2003 AV. . . . Radio started working three days later, now she dies when i apply brakes while turning. Sounds to me like the alt. but the charge reads ok. . . Takin her to the shop. . .

Thank fellers

I do not think it is the alt, I think there is a problem the wires from the radio or amp depending on what radio you have. I would pull the radio out and start checking the wires. Do you have the Bose radio? Do you have tweeders on the A piller (by the windshield) ?

Anyone have suggestions as to why my '04 radio locked up on me?? I was driving down the road and out of nowhere the radio shut off, no display and the theft deterent light is now on solid red!!!! I haven't checked the fuses yet but will when I get home today... There also seems to be some very quiet noises coming from the radio itself (not the speakers)

If you have the Bose system check your AMP fuse also.

vancityavy said:
Anyone have suggestions as to why my '04 radio locked up on me?? I was driving down the road and out of nowhere the radio shut off, no display and the theft deterent light is now on solid red!!!! I haven't checked the fuses yet but will when I get home today... There also seems to be some very quiet noises coming from the radio itself (not the speakers)

BTW.... My issue ended up being a CD that I had ripped on my PC was faulty... lol

I bought an '04 AV and the Bose stereo has recently started to not work intermittently. When it doesn't work, there are also no chimes and when you shut the truck off, you can hear a faint "clicking" sound coming from the speakers. Next time I get in the truck and start it up everything is fine again. This happened about 3 times in the last year but it's beginning to happen at least once, almost every day. It's driving me nuts! I saw suggestions on the amp fuse and speaker wires but this wouldn't explain why it works for one trip, and not on another. Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like the amp is going bad.

Talk about raising the dead (horse) XD. It's been a few years (cause I was stationed in Germany), but my truck hasn't had any sounds for a few years and just came back from another deployment. No chime, nothing. The wife had the amp replaced and it played for a bit. I would get away with taking out and replacing the fuse until it just completely stopped. (OEM) radio doesn't even get any power (no light). I have the Bose system on my 03 Av. Any solutions on this?  :help:

2003 AV with the same issue. Started a couple years back when I first posted about the radio, airbag light and heated seats coming on at will. The airbag and front panel connectors
We're replaced. I have not found a solution or explanation as to why the radio sound goes out and a heartbeat sound is heard. This happens at no specific interval and lasts for about 10 minutes. Usually is ok the next day.  I am thinking it maybe wiring in the driver seat.

Pull up on your drink holder, this will allow you to remove it and check the connector under neath. Make sure it is solidly connected. Look at it carefully because it is supposed to lock when fully closed. Open it up and inspect both the plug and socket and put back together if no sign of corrosion.

Do you have rear seat audio? (Rear of console has a display and some plug connections. Otherwise has a storage pocket.)

Could also be that connector interfering although normally would be a loss of rear channels.

You can also inspect the connections at the rear of the radio.

Car audio shops will have next to no expertise trouble shooting such problems and even a dealer may have problems if they don't understand the system.

If all wire connections are good you need to test the radio. You CAN run speakers directly from the head unit in non navigation systems. Atleast good for diagnosis purposes.

I am attaching picture..

Note that the low level audio signal is actually amplified from your radio and can be connected to speakers directly just won't be nearly as loud. If you feel comfortable you can splice some "test" speakers into the factory wiring to see if they still produce sound when the factory speakers don't. This would tell you if the issue is with the radio directly.  If the spliced in speakers do the same thing then your issue is the radio.

Attachments

• Radio to amp 2003.PNG
    Radio to amp 2003.PNG
    51.2 KB · Views: 111
Just ran across this TSB.. Probably doesn't apply but worth mentioning for future readers that run across this thread and may still help others:

TSB #08-08-44-031A - No Audio from Radio, Door Ajar Chime and Turn Signal Click Clack Inoperative During Key Cycle - Audio Returns After Vehicle is Turned Off for Several Minutes (Reprogram Audio Amplifier) - (Mar 24, 2009)

Subject: No Audio from Radio, Door Ajar Chime and Turn Signal Click Clack Inoperative During a Key Cycle -- Audio Returns After Vehicle is Turned Off For Several Minutes (Reprogram Audio Amplifier)

Models:
2008-2009 Cadillac CTS, Escalade Models, SRX
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban LTZ
2008-2009 GMC Sierra Denali, Yukon Denali Models
2009 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL
2008-2009 HUMMER H2 Models with Luxury Edition Package (RPO Y91) or Premium Audio Speaker System with Surround Amplifier (RPO UQS)

Attention: This bulletin only applies to vehicles with amplifier part numbers 25921142, 25924299, 25926541, 25939528 and 25939529.

This bulletin is being revised to update models, model years and the service procedure. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-44-031 (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

Condition:

Some customers may comment on the following concerns during a key cycle. The audio returns after the vehicle is turned off for several minutes (10 minutes or more). This allows the amplifier to shut down completely and reset.
? No audio from the radio.
? Door ajar chime inoperative.
? Turn signal click clack sound inoperative.

Cause:

These conditions may be caused by a software anomaly.

Correction:

Do This: Reprogram the audio amplifier with the latest software available on TIS2WEB.
Don't Do This: Do not replace the audio amplifier or radio for these conditions.

A revised calibration has been developed to address these conditions. Technicians are to reprogram the audio amplifier using TIS2WEB and selecting "Amplifier Software Update (RPO STZ or Y91 only)". Refer to the Audio Amplifier Programming and Setup procedure in SI for more information. As always, make sure your Tech 2? is updated with the latest software version.

Thank you redheadedrod.  (y)
I think your reply relates to my recent issue.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,51532.msg2143271.html#msg2143271

[SOLUTION]

I?ve had this identical problem several times. Always cleared up.
Had it again today so I came here looking for a solution.

While reading on my phone I was fiddling with the Bose head.

I PRESSED THE CD EJECT AND THEN THE RIGHT TOP (music note) KNOB AND THE RADIO POWERED UP!

I don?t think the eject button did anything, but that?s the order I used and I can?t replicae the problem until it happens again. Usually months from how.

Avalanche 2008 LTZ
Bose

On my truck, the sound doesn't work when it is cold outside. Eventually when things warm up the sound comes on. The head unit is always working but no sound from chimes, radio etc. If it's warm outside everything is fine. Sounds to me like a cold solder joint on the Bose amp. Anyone ever fixed this? I assume its the wire from the head unit that sends a signal to cut the amp on. Is there a schematic for this amp anywhere?

2003 with bose system

Back