• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

03 AV XM/Changer In An 02 AV

T

tdaugharty

Has anyone considered upgrading the stock Radio in an 02 AV to the model found in the 03 Z-71 and Northface Edition?

I'd like to upgrade mine and keep the factory look. Will the 03 XM/Changer fit in the 02?

They have a different wiring harness...so it would not be plug and play..........

ygmn said:
They have a different wiring harness...so it would not be plug and play..........

Do you know if the harness from the 03 will work with the 02?

The blose system is different in many ways that the non-blose system including the wiring harness. Plus the '03 have extra goodies like a sub, and remote controls in the rear which means there are extra wires running behind the dash.....

I know you want to keep the factory look but if you are willing to go through that much trouble ripping out the old, I would go aftermarket. I think for resale value most buyers would prefer a quality aftermarket system since most know the factory stuff is not very good. Might be different in other parts of the country but aftermarket A/V stuff helps sell the car.... :cool:

I called the GM Radio Shop and they said the unit will not even fit in the dash; much less the harness, controls, and wiring.

TrimmedOutHP500 said:
I called the GM Radio Shop and they said the unit will not even fit in the dash; much less the harness, controls, and wiring.

And why is that? Is it the bezel or....? Seems to be it's 1.5 din opening .........

That's a shame that it's not even close :( I really like the looks of it verses what I've seen in after market. Is there a factory like replacement that blends well with the dash design in the 02?

I like the in dash changer and XM addition.

Back