Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dayton And Surrounding Areas  (Read 9262 times)

WVBubba

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • WV Cruise Coordinator
    • WVBubba Avalanche Pictures
Dayton And Surrounding Areas
« Reply #25 on: 06/19/03 12:11 PM »

Welcome Musiks!  Nice looking AV!!!  Love the Arrival Blue!  What part of KY are you moving to?  We are in Charleston, WV...only an hour or so from Ashland, KY.  Let us know where you'll be!  We'll GTG!

Mrs Bubba :B:

West Virginia Chapter Site

CLICK ON SIG FOR MOD'S

Z66 BUTCH

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • I love Dachshunds
« Reply #26 on: 06/19/03 12:45 PM »

We travel through the central part of KY a lot on the way to see our daughter in Tenessee. If you are close, we might stop in on you sometime!

Butch

Oliver

« Reply #27 on: 06/23/03 05:39 AM »

I live in Dayton and would enjoy meeting some fellow Av owners. Will keep an eye out for any details of time, location etc..

- Oliver
'03 1500 Z-71, Forest Green, everything except leather, XM and sunroof. K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 12589, Amber DRLs, Silver Star 9005/9006 hi/lo beams, FT DRL and Hi+Lo mods, 50W 885 fog lamps, SnakeEyes backup camera, Code 3 mini lightbar, Able 2 hideaway strobes, Golight remote-controlled spotlight, Bearcat Trunktracker scanner, Sho-Me PA/air horn, Kenwood TM-D700 2 meter/440 MHz ham radio, Garmin Street Pilot III. Skywarn storm spotter, NRA Life Member. Dayton, OH

Z66 BUTCH

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • I love Dachshunds
« Reply #28 on: 06/23/03 06:29 AM »

I live in Dayton and would enjoy meeting some fellow Av owners. Will keep an eye out for any details of time, location etc..

- Oliver

Welcome to the club Oliver!

I am in East Central Indiana just about 90 miles from you. We are having a GET TOGETHER at the Blue Top drive in restaurant this Saturday afternoon, June 28th. If ANYONE from your area wants to come you are more than welcome!  You will need to be there by 6PM but some are getting there early for a car wash and mini cruise. The Blue  Top is a old 50's style Drive In with car hops and lots of neon! You can read about it HERE.
The Blue Top is located in Highland Indiana, up north close to Merrillville, In and is about 270 miles from you.

I plan on having a modding GTG late this summer/fall but don't have a date set for it yet. I have a nice yard and some of you can camp overnight if you want! I thought we could meet on a Sat. afternoon, show off our mods, maybe do a few mods if anyone has some they want done then go for a little cruise and back here for a bonfire/wienie roast.

Later, Butch
« Last Edit: 06/23/03 06:42 AM by pktwatch »

GoldBowTie

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Have you hugged your Avalanche today?
« Reply #29 on: 06/23/03 01:53 PM »

I have reviewed this thread and compiled the following list of those who have replied (potential attendees  ??? )

Texascwgrl and Just_Jeepin
spork_av
Traz
Fratt63
bogey
Z66 BUTCH
WVBubba
Main One
bekind, in his Tahoe, but that is OK  :1:
Sunuva
SciFiGuy01
GoldBowTie
CoAvZ71
musiks
Oliver
WVAvalanche

I also know that victory_red from Indiana is interested.

Just thought I would toss this out there - food for thought.  ;)

I am planning to make this an overnight trip.

Should I come Friday evening, spend the night and get an early start Saturday and head home Saturday evening?

Or, should I come Saturday morning, make it a late day Saturday night, spend Saturday night and head home Sunday morning?

I'm just doing my usual planning ahead and trying to get some reservations made.  Any events or itinerary scheduled yet?
« Last Edit: 06/23/03 10:24 PM by GoldBowTie »
Av #1 2002 Onyx Black Z71  200 MONTHS of ownership (Oct 01 - today) and 68390 miles.
147 GTG's attended in: OH, WV, TN, NY, MI, Canada, IN, NH, KY, GA, PA, NC, IA, and MO.

Av #3 2009 Black LTZ  62 months of ownership (Mar 13 - today) and 145707 miles.
(124594 when bought)
23 GTG's attended in: WV, OH, PA, IN and MI

Av #2 2003 Yellow Z71 WBH  18 MONTHS of ownership (Sep 11 - Mar 13) and 9302 miles added.
(101764 at delivery, 111066 at trade-in) Traded for 2009
19 GTG's attended in: OH, MI, PA, WV

MUSIKS

• Make a hole people there's an AVALANCHE coming
    • MY Space
« Reply #30 on: 06/23/03 02:18 PM »

:B:Thanks for the welcome.  I wil be moving to Florence. I can't wait to get up there.

Mrs. WVAV

• My hubby never posted so I took over!
« Reply #31 on: 06/23/03 03:33 PM »

You better add us to your list GBT...we plan on coming. ;D

Mrs WVAV

Vetman

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • Just a beer knurd at heart!
« Reply #32 on: 06/23/03 03:38 PM »

:B:Thanks for the welcome.  I wil be moving to Florence. I can't wait to get up there.

Musiks, I'm from that area originally. Grew up and went to school in Covington, KY before joining the U.S. Air Force. Still have family there. My daughter and her family live in Florence.  My son lives in Cincinnati.
See ya this weekend and we'll chat about it.

Vetman
2011 White Diamond LTZ, Dark\Light Titanium interior, 22" wheels.
'09 Atomic Orange Z51 4LT Vette!

Just_Jeepin

• Texascwgrl won't let me drive the AV!(OK, 1 time)
« Reply #33 on: 06/24/03 04:18 PM »

I am planning to make this an overnight trip.

Should I come Friday evening, spend the night and get an early start Saturday and head home Saturday evening?

Or, should I come Saturday morning, make it a late day Saturday night, spend Saturday night and head home Sunday morning?

I'm just doing my usual planning ahead and trying to get some reservations made.  Any events or itinerary scheduled yet?

GBT... Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have been unplugged for about a week with this move and am just now finding the house through the boxes.  :2:

I think Spork contacted the museum to find out about handling a group.  I will follow-up with him or contact the museum myself this week.

Much of this GTG depends on the arrival of the Texas chapters.  I will PM Tribal AV and find out their itinerary ASAP.

Sorry I have no definitive information, but will post more in the next few days.  Currently, I was thinking of spending the day at the museum and hitting a restaurant (QS&L?) in the evening for showing off mods.

If anyone needs hotel/camping/restaurant/etc. info, let me know and I will post here.

BTW... Thanks for the attendee list.  That was another of my yellow stickies to take care of.  I will update the first post with all the details of the GTG in the next few days.

Later... JJ  8)

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee... It's a Jeep thing!

Just_Jeepin

« Reply #34 on: 06/24/03 04:22 PM »

- Oliver

Oliver... Welcome to the Club!!  Texascwgrl and I are trying to get a Dayton area chapter up and running.  PM either one of us if you want to get together for dinner and discuss.

JJ

Just_Jeepin

« Reply #35 on: 06/24/03 04:26 PM »

Well I don'tif you are ready, but another TEXAN is planning to invade the north.  I have decided to try to give it a go in Kentucky. So in less than thirty days I will be headed up there. Get Ready!
HERE I COME!

We're ready for the MUSIKS family to join us in the north!!  ;D  This is the start of the ACA migrating season, methinks  ;D  

GoldBowTie

• CAFCNA Regional Coordinator
  • Have you hugged your Avalanche today?
« Reply #36 on: 06/25/03 05:00 AM »

GBT... Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I have been unplugged for about a week with this move and am just now finding the house through the boxes.  :2:

No problem, I understand.

It is looking like I'll probably be staying Saturday night.

Any hotel recommendations?  spork_av?
Av #1 2002 Onyx Black Z71  200 MONTHS of ownership (Oct 01 - today) and 68390 miles.
147 GTG's attended in: OH, WV, TN, NY, MI, Canada, IN, NH, KY, GA, PA, NC, IA, and MO.

Av #3 2009 Black LTZ  62 months of ownership (Mar 13 - today) and 145707 miles.
(124594 when bought)
23 GTG's attended in: WV, OH, PA, IN and MI

Av #2 2003 Yellow Z71 WBH  18 MONTHS of ownership (Sep 11 - Mar 13) and 9302 miles added.
(101764 at delivery, 111066 at trade-in) Traded for 2009
19 GTG's attended in: OH, MI, PA, WV

Intimidatoruag

• Tatertown Posse Member #5
« Reply #37 on: 06/25/03 05:13 AM »

welcome to Ohio  ... Texascowgirl! .....

spork_av

• Charter Member
« Reply #38 on: 06/25/03 08:23 AM »

I personally don't know any hotels in the Dayton area...  if you want, I can recommend some in Columbus.
;D
Robert (Rob not Bob)

SOM! 1500, loaded, Z-71 w/ 4:10 ratio, UPD FIPK, Painted Lettering, Bug Guard. Flamed engine cover.  Line of Fire.  Custom Decals.  WAAG.  Wind deflectors.  Tribal graphic.  Chrome weather striping. No amber drls on Spork...  Vive la resistance! Homines libenter quod volunt credunt

Oliver

« Reply #39 on: 06/25/03 12:06 PM »

There are plenty of choices, all depends on your budget and where the event will be held. At Exit 44 off I-75 in Miamisburg (south of downtown Dayton) there is a Red Roof Inn and a Knights Inn just to the west of the freeway, less than a mile to the east off the same exit is a Holiday Inn. All of those can be found and booked online.

I don't know how much planning has been done already, but a good venue for a mid-day meet would be Carillon Historical Park. The exhibits are well worth seeing, and they have a BIG parking lot with lots of mature trees for shade.

Feel free to PM me or just post here if you need any more local info or recommendations on food etc..

- Oliver
'03 1500 Z-71, Forest Green, everything except leather, XM and sunroof. K&N FIPK, Magnaflow 12589, Amber DRLs, Silver Star 9005/9006 hi/lo beams, FT DRL and Hi+Lo mods, 50W 885 fog lamps, SnakeEyes backup camera, Code 3 mini lightbar, Able 2 hideaway strobes, Golight remote-controlled spotlight, Bearcat Trunktracker scanner, Sho-Me PA/air horn, Kenwood TM-D700 2 meter/440 MHz ham radio, Garmin Street Pilot III. Skywarn storm spotter, NRA Life Member. Dayton, OH

Fratt

• I love the Chevy Avalanche!
    • Ohio Avalanches
« Reply #40 on: 06/25/03 12:17 PM »

And the best is that Bullwinkles is right down the road from there...

Big old Onion Rings!!!!

MUSIKS

• Make a hole people there's an AVALANCHE coming
    • MY Space
« Reply #41 on: 06/29/03 03:53 PM »

There are six of us so far. We still have time to add to the list. I hope we can make this a good one. The ACA is coming.

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

SilverSandz

• Why do the wheels keep spinning, mister?
« Reply #42 on: 06/30/03 11:37 PM »

YES, I would love to attend.  Just name the time and place.
MIKE
2003 Cadillac EXT SilverSand Sunroof, XM radio, chrome wheels, trailering pkg and of course, NAVIGATION!  Corsa Exhaust,  22 inch Helo Skids with 305/40/22 Kumho's and  22 inch Player spinners

97 30th Anniversary Camaro Z-28, White/Orange stripes T-tops

77 Chevy Monte Carlo Swivel buckets, 350/4bbl, 82.7k orig miles Firethorn Red

1998 Ranger Ext Cab XLT 116k

Just_Jeepin

« Reply #43 on: 07/01/03 04:15 PM »

I have started a new topic for the July 26 Air Force Museum GTG.  Find it here:

Air Force Museum Cruise

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 26 queries.