• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Upcoming GTG's

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
I started this topic to list anticipated upcoming GTG's and to list GTG ideas.

As get-together topics are started, I'll add them here and post a link to their thread.

I won't limit the list to only Ohio GTG's.
The list will consist of all GTG's that any Ohio member may be interested in attending.

With this list you can quickly see what is coming up, then check out the ones that work for you.

Looks like I can let this go. Nobody around anymore.

Some additional ideas:
Glamorgan Castle
Loveland Castle
Return to Dayton AF Museum
Pittsburgh Zoo
Crawford Auto and Aviation Museum
Flight 93 National Memorial
King's Island
Great Wolf Lodge - www.greatwolf.com
Traders World Flea Market - www.tradersworldmarket.com
Cedar Point
Columbus Zoo - www.colszoo.org/
Baseball game - Akron Aeros, Toledo Mudhens
Richland Carrousel Park - www.richlandcarrousel.com
Carousel Magic - www.carouselmagic.com
Mansfield Reformatory -
Kingwood Center - www.kingwoodcenter.org
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad - www.cvsr.com
Antique Mall - www.i76antiquemall.com
There are also a couple of antique malls on I70 between Columbus and Dayton
Hillbilly hot dogs - www.hillbillyhotdogs.com
Hale Farm & Village - www.wrhs.org/index.php/hale
Hartville Flea Market - www.hartvillemarketplace.com
www.thelodgeatgeneva.com
www.entertrainmentjunction.com
www.thechristmasranch.com

Please feel free to post additional ideas and discuss them here.

Last edited:
GoldBowTie said:
I started this topic to list anticipated upcoming GTG's and to list GTG ideas.

:yourock:  (y)

-- SS

how about a trip to an Indians game and we get to drive around the track/field prior to the game?? (y) Nice thought but I don't have any idea on how to get this to happen.

ohiobellboy said:
how about a trip to an Indians game and we get to drive around the track/field prior to the game?? (y) Nice thought but I don't have any idea on how to get this to happen.
I would go for a Minor League team, they seem to be more receptive to promo ideas like that.  And get a friend in a local Chevy dealership, maybe something can be tied in with them at the ballpark.

Anybody in the Dayton, OH, area interested in trying to set something up in the next few weeks??  If so, let's start hearing some ideas!!  We attempted to set something up on a weekday evening before Xmas at a local Buffalo Wild Wings, but unfortunately that didn't materialize.  If we don't get some ideas over the next few days, I'm going to suggest a date/time and see who can make it, okay? (y)

Hey GBT,  we need to try to get in a Columbus trip in there ...Maybe the zoo? Our friends down in the southern end of the state need something close also.

A friendly reminder to everyone.
You do not have to be a cruise coordinator to plan a GTG.

If you have an idea that you think might work, go ahead and start a thread on the idea and let the discussion and planning commence.  (y)

I'll put a link to the topic in the first post here.

As a cruise coordinator it is my duty to help as much as I can with any planning or promoting.

I will maintain a list of ideas in the first post here.

I can add one .... this is also in the Michigan GTG thread for '08 .... but

Sunday Sept 7 2008 is a hugh car show in Toledo, Ohio ... they will have classic cars, newer cars and GM will have the new '09's there .....

we are able to show our trucks if we want .... I believe we don't have to pay to show our vehicle either ..... it starts early sunday morning and opens to the public noon ....

there is door prizes ... food .... a swap meet ... and a GM display ....

let me know if you would like to attend .... in early summer I will see about getting us an area to display our trucks ....

We tried that one a while back, but got only a little bit of interest.
I will add it to the list of ideas.

How about a "Welcome Bee Sting to Ohio" GTG.  :welcome:
Come visit, I'll plan something.

GoldBowTie said:
We tried that one a while back, but got only a little bit of interest.
I will add it to the list of ideas.

How about a "Welcome Bee Sting to Ohio" GTG.? :welcome:
Come visit, I'll plan something.

Sound like a plan...? (y)

I got a hatchet to bury there anyways . >:D

Don't forget about King's Island and Great Wolf Lodge north of Cincinnati.  Just a couple of more options to consider.

In addition, if anyone likes Flea Markets there's always Trader's World in Monroe, OH.  (y)

I just started a thread in the grill section about theWings of Freedom Airshow in Middletown, I guess it should be moved to here.
Mike

Bumping this up to remind everyone that I continue to keep the first post updated.
But I don't post a reply every time I do an update.

GoldBowTie said:
Bumping this up to remind everyone that I continue to keep the first post updated.
But I don't post a reply every time I do an update.

But if you don't post a reply, we won't get notifications. How else are we supposed to know that you updated the list? ???  >:D

-- SS

The Banana Split Festival is coming up soon in Wilmington, OH.  I believe it is sometime around the 14th-16th of June.  I can post more details if anyone is interested.  (y)

Hey , I was just looking at Summitracing.com and looking at the event list and on Aug. 10th they are having  Summit Racing All-Chevy Show - Summit Racing Equipment, 9 am-5 pm, Tallmadge, OH  anyone interested in making a Avalanche show out of it ??  GBT if you see this maybe you could add it to you list if you think it would be cool.  just a idea

Back