Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
10/23/17 04:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Instrument cluster silent recall expands  (Read 50267 times)
Troublemaker
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

NY NY DC PA

Awards
« Reply #100 on: 07/27/11 12:06 pm »

They wouldn't cover my 05.  There were only certain 05's (early ones) that they would cover...

Click the pic to listen along!
Flint4x4
Silent Avalanche - In Memorial

Awards
« Reply #101 on: 07/27/11 07:40 pm »

They wouldn't cover my 05.  There were only certain 05's (early ones) that they would cover...

There's a list of what VIN#s it ends at, they'll all be 7 years old and not covered soon anyway.

Flint: Wouldn't you just pick up an extra HD cluster on the way home from work??     Just kidding

I'm too near retirement to risk my job and pension  Tongue   

'94 Chevy S10 ext. cab. low miles, '09 GMC Acadia low miles
FWD + RWD = 4x4, loaded '04 AV totaled late 2016
Ranallie

Enough is never Enough

Awards
« Reply #102 on: 07/29/11 10:55 am »

I have a Tach issue. where it pegs to the top at times. Checked with the dealership and they said they will not cover anything over 100k in mielage so it seems like I will probably have to seek out one of the guys on Craigslist to rebuild mine.

04 Z71 Cladded Sport Metalic Red. Ambers, Flashlight Mod, Headrest mod, Painted BowTie, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, Fog lamps in Grille. ISimple Mod. Under seat drawers, Backup Camera, Rear window screen, Custom Bedslide.
CalvaryMike

The CAFCNA club members ROCK!

Awards
« Reply #103 on: 05/06/17 07:22 pm »

My '03 speedo just quit working.  It only has 45k on it.  However, I don't know if GM will replace it based on the number of years.  I am the original owner.

2003 Summit White WBH Z71 - It's NEKKED!
mods:
20” Chrome rims  / Goodyear GTII 285/50/20, Amber DRL’s, PIAA Extreme White 9005 / 9006 / 9005 fogs, AEM Brute Forece Air intake / All 4 on High, Signal folding mirrors w/ White caps, Flares and moulding / Westin Ovals
Next Mod: Westin Bull bar w/ PIAA's
redheadedrod
CAFCNA 2015 Premium Member

2003 Z71

Awards
« Reply #104 on: 05/06/17 10:13 pm »

I can guarantee they won't touch it...

Your talking about an almost 15 year old truck....

The fix is reasonable however...

I used this shop because he is near by but he was real reasonable when he fixed mine and he also fixed my mirror too that stopped displaying.

Cost me like $150 but I dropped it off and was an easy fix for him.

He can also install a new transmission temp gauge in your cluster but will cost a little more. He can program it to support the sensor too but will require a new gauge overlay.  He can also do LED backlighting if you want that too.

His work is lifetime warrantied. You CAN try doing it yourself but about half the people that try do more damage than good...  So up to you...

http://www.dashdr.com

Rodney

2003 Cladded Black Z71 - PC installed otherwise mostly stock.
4 Light Brake/Turnsignal
All on high and FTDRL (BCM friendly version)
nfhjr
Charter Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #105 on: 06/01/17 06:09 pm »

Have a problem with my fuel gauge NOW is this covered in this silent recall OR is it just the whole cluster (would be nice if ) 

NFHJR
Phila. Pa.
Pewter Z71
Waag Grill Guard
Amber DRL
Drawtite Window Shades                                NRA PATRON MEMBER
Member 109
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #106 on: 06/01/17 07:24 pm »

Have a problem with my fuel gauge NOW is this covered in this silent recall OR is it just the whole cluster (would be nice if ) 

I think you have a 2002 which was not covered by this, because of the age of the 03-06 nothing is covered any longer.

2003 2500
nfhjr
Charter Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

Awards
« Reply #107 on: 06/18/17 11:07 am »

Will 02 be covered as my Fuel gauge in not working as of NOW.   banghead Help me!

NFHJR
Phila. Pa.
Pewter Z71
Waag Grill Guard
Amber DRL
Drawtite Window Shades                                NRA PATRON MEMBER
Member 109
ygmn
Administrator

Insert Funny Text Here _______________ .

Awards
« Reply #108 on: 06/19/17 04:56 am »

Will 02 be covered as my Fuel gauge in not working as of NOW.   banghead Help me!
NO

Thread Killer ... After I post they die?
2002 Pewter Z66 - Sept 2001
CAFCNA Album
LSU BABY!
YANKEES BABY!
SAINTS BABY!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: