• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sad day; saying goodbye to an old friend.

KurtZ66

SM 2007
Well, I did it. Traded in the Av today for an '08 GMC Acadia. I have to admit, I'm pretty sad. Love the new vehicle, but will definitely miss the Avalanche. It was, without a doubt, the best vehicle I've owned so far. I'm hoping the Acadia will perform and serve as well.

Basically, taking one for the family. Between gas getting pricier, the Av not getting any younger and me working from home, we decided to trade her in on the GMC. It'll be my wife's primary driver and I'll use the Camry when I go anywhere.

We were looking at?a Toyodor Rav 4, but between On-Star, the 5yr/100K mile GM warranty, the safety features, the ride and features, and my GM card allowance :cool:, it became a no brainer. We could get a much better vehicle for close to the same price.

That green truck in my AVitar will be missed. I'll stay tuned in here because this forum has been a huge help; from questions and guidance to entertainment and a few laughs. Consider yourselves a great group of people, and one I want to continue to be associated with. Besides, once the Acadia's paid off, there will be another Av in my future.? :love: :B:

So, anyone know if there's an Acadia Fan Club site?

So long for now.

KurtZ66

P.S. I left some CAFC brochures in the glove compartment.? >:D

What is the Acadia? I assume because it is a GMC that it is a truck or van? Good luck and hang around!

Check it out. It's GMC's version of the Buick Enclave and the Saturn Vue. It's a crossover.

http://www.gmc.com/acadia/acadia/index.jsp

Good luck on the Acadia. ?Sorry about the AV - But hang around. ?This is a FAN club, not an OWNERS club.

Also got a GMC Acadia. ?Wife traded in the the 2005 Yukon XL Denali for a 2008 Acadia, FULLY LOADED - HID, HUD, Power Lift Gate, Skyview Roof, etc. (everything except battery heater).

The Saturn Outlook/GMC Acadia/Buick Enclave is the new "cross over" SUV from GM. ?This is the last year for the Trailblazer and the Acadia's are replacing it. ?You'll really like it - we do. ?Has everything the Yukon does (INCLUDING interior cargo space) in a 22" shorter package. ?I can now fit both cars in the garage.

KurtZ66 said:

KurtZ66

Oh yeah.  AcadiaForum.net.  I've got the same username there too, although I've only been on it a few times.

KY_BOB said:
:sigh: :6:

Don't be a stranger. ?Your still welcome here or at GTG's.
What he said  (y)

Good luck with your new ride  (y)

WOW!  Any guy willing to take one for the family is all right in my book. (y)  Please hang around you never know who you could help in this forum.  Sorry we never met, but in the future maybe we will.

Best of luck with the Acadia, Kurt, and please do stick around. We'd love to see ya at a g2g sometime when you can make it.

Congrats on the new ride. Don't be a stranger.....

Congrats on the new ride! Always a tough day when I trade in. They do become part of the family.

KurtZ66 said:
Well, I did it. Traded in the Av today for an '08 GMC Acadia. I have to admit, I'm pretty sad. Love the new vehicle, but will definitely miss the Avalanche. It was, without a doubt, the best vehicle I've owned so far. I'm hoping the Acadia will perform and serve as well.

Basically, taking one for the family. Between gas getting pricier, the Av not getting any younger and me working from home, we decided to trade her in on the GMC. It'll be my wife's primary driver and I'll use the Camry when I go anywhere.

We were looking at a Toyodor Rav 4, but between On-Star, the 5yr/100K mile GM warranty, the safety features, the ride and features, and my GM card allowance :cool:, it became a no brainer. We could get a much better vehicle for close to the same price.

That green truck in my AVitar will be missed. I'll stay tuned in here because this forum has been a huge help; from questions and guidance to entertainment and a few laughs. Consider yourselves a great group of people, and one I want to continue to be associated with. Besides, once the Acadia's paid off, there will be another Av in my future.  :love: :B:

So long for now.

KurtZ66

P.S. I left some CAFC brochures in the glove compartment.  >:D

Well, I'mmmmmm baaaaaaack! Here it is nine years later and I'm back. Not exactly in an Avalanche, but as close as I can currently get in a new vehicle. This Saturday, I'm scheduled to purchase and take delivery of a 2017 Silverado LTZ High Desert Edition. For those of you who aren't familiar: http://www.chevrolet.com/truck-life/silverado/special-editions#high-desert .

I've regretted trading the Av since the day of my original post.  :( My wife and I agreed that if we ever had the chance, we'd buy another one. Since I'm in the market for a new ride, but they don't make the Av anymore, the High Desert Silverado was the only choice for me.

I'll keep you posted on the new truck, but have missed by plastic clad brothers and sisters and am thrilled to be back in the fold.

Talk to you soon!

KurtZ66

Wow!!! Almost full circle!

You?re the first I?ve seen to get into a high desert.

How do you like the bed storage and panels and such compared to the AV??

I?ve seen one in person, but not incredibly up close and detailed.

4x4dreamer said:
Wow!!! Almost full circle!

You?re the first I?ve seen to get into a high desert.

How do you like the bed storage and panels and such compared to the AV??

I?ve seen one in person, but not incredibly up close and detailed.

Thanks! So far, I love it. The system is almost identical, except the individual panels seem a little heavier that I remember. Of course, I'm also a little older. No bag to store them in though. The side compartments are larger and I like the fact that everything locks with the power locks. The ride is awesome.  I actually like the exterior styling a little better.  :eek:

PerfectReign said:
Congrats on getting back into a clonalanche.  That 6.2 V8 is sure to be a sweet treat. 

Mine's got the 5.3L V8. Still impressive though. A lot of improvements in 15 years!

This isn't mine, but it looks exactly like it, except mine is RWD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnytPfV1-dM

KurtZ66 said:
Thanks! So far, I love it. The system is almost identical, except the individual panels seem a little heavier that I remember. Of course, I'm also a little older. No bag to store them in though. The side compartments are larger and I like the fact that everything locks with the power locks. The ride is awesome.  I actually like the exterior styling a little better.  :eek:

I noticed that the side boxes on those open up with the press of a button and lock automatically which is super nice! I also noticed that the bed panels looked similar in shape and the way they latched to the Avalanches.... I wonder if it is a direct crossover in fitment.. Now THAT would be cool.

I think I would miss the midgate too much if we got rid of the AV, but I really don't mind the styling of the High Desert at all!

Back