• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Spring Summer 2008 meet?

2nd04av

SM 2008
Is there any meets planned for this year in around the GTA? More specifically Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Orangeville, Milton, etc. . . ? I'd love to go to one. Thanks New Guy!

Good day, Guys.

In the past we have had some great GTGs, The Port Dover Cruizes I and II, Niagara falls I and II.  As well as many smaller gtg all over Ontario.  Check out the old pages here for more details.

One of the best spots that we have found is Moose Winooskis in Kitchener.  There have been 3 Spring GTG Moose Winooskis.  The Moose is easy to get to it is just off the 401 and has a good size parking lot and is some what close to everyone.  (see attached picture from the last GTG at Moose Winooskis spring 2006).

I would suggest this as a good meeting place, feel free to post a thread and see what you can pull together.

Jason

Attachments

• sm_DSC01090.JPG
    sm_DSC01090.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 180
Looked like a decent turnout there Windlove.
A gtg sounds good. . maybe in the spring when the temps warm up?. . . a cruise to the Bend?. . . or maybe check out an NHL playoff game at Boston Pizza with a cold one. . . Moose Winooskis looks good too. ?

I like the Moose idea!? They've got great pigtails and schnitzel, and a great patio? (y)

(and besides... it's a 10 minute drive from home)

Re: Spring Summer 2008 meet?
? Reply #3 on: 01/24/08 05:49 AM ? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[td]Looked like a decent turnout there Windlove.  
A gtg sounds good. . maybe in the spring when the temps warm up?. . . a cruise to the Bend?. . . or maybe check out an NHL playoff game at Boston Pizza with a cold one. . . Moose Winooskis looks good too.  

It certianly won't be the Leafs you will be watching!

Windlove said:
Good day, Guys.

In the past we have had some great GTGs, The Port Dover Cruizes I and II, Niagara falls I and II.? As well as many smaller gtg all over Ontario.? Check out the old pages here for more details.

One of the best spots that we have found is Moose Winooskis in Kitchener.? There have been 3 Spring GTG Moose Winooskis.? The Moose is easy to get to it is just off the 401 and has a good size parking lot and is some what close to everyone.? ?(see attached picture from the last GTG at Moose Winooskis spring 2006).

I would suggest this as a good meeting place, feel free to post a thread and see what you can pull together.

Jason

Jason,
don't forget the great GTG in Huntsville we have had.....and I miss. :6: :6:...
If you had a GTG closer to Ottawa we certainly would try to attend.... ;)

Windlove said:
Good day, Guys.

In the past we have had some great GTGs, The Port Dover Cruizes I and II, Niagara falls I and II.? As well as many smaller gtg all over Ontario.? Check out the old pages here for more details.

One of the best spots that we have found is Moose Winooskis in Kitchener.? There have been 3 Spring GTG Moose Winooskis.? The Moose is easy to get to it is just off the 401 and has a good size parking lot and is some what close to everyone.? ?(see attached picture from the last GTG at Moose Winooskis spring 2006).

Jason
Jason,
don't forget the gret GTGs we had in Huntsville...and we miss... :6:
If you had a GTG closer to Ottawa we would attend... ;)

2nd04av said:
I know winter is still here and it sounds like it will be for a while but has anyone considered arranging a GTG? Maybe late April or early May?

Sounds like a plan, maybe the Sat during May 24 weekend?(17th)...depending on how many are interested in attending.
It'd be nice to have one outside somewhere to welcome the warm weather back, lets start thrown'n some ideas around and see what happens.

If you have it in Kitchener, we'd be interested in driving out depending on when it was.  I've wanted to go up to Canada since we've moved to Michigan, I've never been outta the US and this will give me a reason :D

Any chance of a GTG out west? BC, Alberta, Sask? I live in Calgary but am itching to take my girl out for a nice drive to stretch her legs. This is my first AVI and absolutely love it!!!

Thanks everyone for all the great information on this site!!!

MI_Graystone said:
If you have it in Kitchener, we'd be interested in driving out depending on when it was.  I've wanted to go up to Canada since we've moved to Michigan, I've never been outta the US and this will give me a reason :D
Kitchener is more accross from you as oppposed to "up to Canada" LOL ...just playin'.

Moose Winooskis in Kitchener?....May 9th weekend?....what does everyone think?
Different date or place, lets hear some ideas.

ahhhh, the Niagara Falls meets.... :love:  :love:  Great friendships....  :love:  :love:  Great memories.....  :love:  :love:    and then there was that one time, at Jacksonville  :love:  :love:  Great friendships.....  :love:  :love:  great memories....  :love:  :love:

..I think I am going to cry now....  :needhug:

Silver1 said:
Moose Winooskis in Kitchener?....May 9th weekend?....what does everyone think?
Different date or place, lets hear some ideas.

That works for me... guess I better get the truck cleaned up and finish some outstanding mods eh?

Good good, looks like we have a few interested so far.
I'll start a new thread with the details and see how many people we can get onboard for this.

Back