• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Western PA Upcoming GTG's (Updated for 2011)

BigBlockBirch

SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

This is the official Post for 2011 GTG's.  Spring will be upon us soon and then we will be wishing we did this sooner.

Below are the scheduled GTG's for 2011.

April 8-10, 2011
WV WWW IX
Blackwater Falls State Park
Davis, WV
For more info, CLICK HERE

June 10-12, 2011
Western PA 2nd Annual Camping GTG
Kozy Rest Kampground
Harrisville, PA
For more info, CLICK HERE

November ??
Christmas on Main Street
Volant, PA
For more info, TBA

December ??
Festival of Lights
TBD
For more info, TBA

************************************************************************************************************

Ideas:

Ohiopyle State Park, Winery Tour
Ohiopyle State Park
CW Klay Winery (Chalk Hill, PA)[/s]

Wild Things Baseball Game (Washington, PA)

Dave & Busters (Homestead, PA)

(Breakfast, Covered Bridge Tour, Gravity Hill, Early Dinner at Jean Bonnet Tavern)
Gravity Hill
Covered Bridge Tour Jean Bonnet Tavern (Bedford, PA)

Post up you ideas for GTG's and I will keep a laundry list.  Don't hold back on ideas...They can include but are not limited to:

Mod GTG's
Siteseeing GTG's
Cruises
Local Car Shows
Dinner Trips
Overnight Trips
Sports Functions
Minor Off Roading

The key is to get together and enjoy the unique truck called the AVALANCHE.

So start posting (if you have a link to it...put that on there to):
Curve Baseball, Railroad Museum, Horseshoe Curve (Altoona)
Gallitzin Tunnels (Gallitzin)
Lemon House & Portage RR Museum (Cresson though you get there on the Gallitzin side)
Schwab Estates (Loretto)
Incline Plan & Flood Memorial (Johnstown)
The Lincoln Highway Historical Driving Tour

OK...here is a start...let's hear some others...

Thanks
John

I am in on the Lincoln Highway Tour.  I did part of it on my way back from nationals last year.  But be warned, you need some really good written directions to follow it correctly.

Bee Sting said:
Winery tour?? I'm in? :love:

We have a trail up here in NY that we will be doing proablly in the early Fall.

My wife is from Canadaquia (sp?).  When we were first married we went up to Seneca Wine Trail.  Started in the beginning and started the tour.  We get to one place...I think Swedish Hill, and I am driving over curbs and weaving. 
We go into the place and the lady asks how many we have been at.  I said "We started at the beginning"...she laughs and says "You're not supposed to do the whole trail in one day...it seems that we drank about 8 glasses of wine. 
She made us go to the restrauant and eat something.

It was a great time.

BigBlockBirch said:
My wife is from Canadaquia (sp?).? When we were first married we went up to Seneca Wine Trail.? Started in the beginning and started the tour.? We get to one place...I think Swedish Hill, and I am driving over curbs and weaving.?
We go into the place and the lady asks how many we have been at.? I said "We started at the beginning"...she laughs and says "You're not supposed to do the whole trail in one day...it seems that we drank about 8 glasses of wine.?
She made us go to the restrauant and eat something.

It was a great time.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:woot:? Thats our plan? :love: (y) :laugh:

maverick1974 said:
I am in on the Lincoln Highway Tour. I did part of it on my way back from nationals last year. But be warned, you need some really good written directions to follow it correctly.
Part of that runs right through Canton.

bonesaw said:
So when is this supposed to happen?

I will start throwing dates out there next month.  It is too cold to even think about it. 

I got one....
Spork in Cambria/Blair county May 13-18, 2008.
Things to do in that area....
Curve Baseball, Railroad Museum, Horseshoe Curve (Altoona)
Gallitzin Tunnels (Gallitzin)
Lemon House & Portage RR Museum (Cresson though you get there on the Gallitzin side)
Schwab Estates (Loretto)
Incline Plan & Flood Memorial (Johnstown)

All the train stuff can be done in one cruise.  I know I am missing alot of stuff.  I grew up in Gallitzin.  And had my wedding at the Portage Railroad Museum.  There are home games 13-15th against Akron.

Thanks Spork...

Great ideas...RR Museum and Horseshoe would be a great one.

Hey everyone...just to keep you updated.?

I have been extremely busy with work and my club.? My club has been very demanding this year, National Recognition, Sponsored Team Driver, etc.? What little time work has given me has gone to that.? It's so bad that our first event is the first weekend in March and I don't have a rig to run.

Let me get through February and then I will put some dates down for some of these events...I promise.

Thanks,
John

OH SURE! We come to see you and you don't come to see us??? boy o boy. Now you want us to wait til WHEN?? :beating: That's it. double Jellos shots for you at WV WWW VI big boy!
drunk.gif

:laugh:

ohiobellboy said:
OH SURE! We come to see you and you don't come to see us??? boy o boy. Now you want us to wait til WHEN?? :beating: That's it. double Jellos shots for you at WV WWW VI big boy!
drunk.gif

:laugh:

I was in your neck of the woods today.  I had a meeting with some customers in the Panera on Boardman Poland Rd.  near Kohls...

BigBlockBirch said:
I was in your neck of the woods today. I had a meeting with some customers in the Panera on Boardman Poland Rd. near Kohls...
Boardman??? 1 hr from me. Canton here. You know the place you NEVER come through! LOL  :kidding:

ohiobellboy said:
Boardman??? 1 hr from me. Canton here. You know the place you NEVER come through! LOL? :kidding:

Oops...I was thinking Canfield

BigBlockBirch said:
Hey everyone...just to keep you updated. 

I have been extremely busy with work and my club.  My club has been very demanding this year, National Recognition, Sponsored Team Driver, etc.  What little time work has given me has gone to that.  It's so bad that our first event is the first weekend in March and I don't have a rig to run.

Let me get through February and then I will put some dates down for some of these events...I promise.

Thanks,
John

last time i checked... February is over and there are no dates posted

C'mon BBB get with it or us Ohio boys will have to invade AGAIN!!!!  LOL

Check the first post for dates and scheduled events.  Keep and eye out for individual threads to come in the near future for each of these events.  Some of these will need firm commitments due to ticket purchasing or reservations.  Please keep that in mind as they start being posted.

I hope to see and meet everyone this year.

Thanks,
John

Back