• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Remote Starter

Looked back though the previous threads but couldn't find any info on whether anyone has added a remote starter to our existing keyless entry.

Anyone done such a thing or do you have to start from scratch with a new alarm system?

I do...i mean i have one ...but it came from the dealer

Is the GM Remote Starter capable of not only remote starting, but also remote killing?

I also would like too hear from anyone that may have installed a remote car starter! What brand did u choose? It would be cool if u could have the heated seats come on @ the same time ;)

Does GM have a remote starter? Is it like a module that the dealer installs? I'd be interested in hearing about it, and getting a part number.

clt422 said:
Has anyone added a remote starter?
I would like to install one.

I installed a Sidewinder 6000 ESP in my Av
Remote Start

I recommend that you have it installed by a remote start installer or dealer. Some audio shops will install them too. They are not easy to install (lots of wires to trace down and splice into :) ).

The model I purchased came with new keychain FOBs for starting, stopping, locking and unlocking the AV it also has an extra channel (button) that you can program to toggle what ever you want. I am going to hook it up to my heated seats for those cold winter Alaska days :).

YA I'd kill to have the seat come on also. Hmmmmmmm
now I have to decide Garage door opener or remote start........
well didn't have either one last winter.

Johncw I'm in Wasilla were are you hideing?

:)Got my Viper remote starter yesterday, this wukk be great on cold mornings this winter, works withh original alarm, and also remote kill, locks and unlocks doors. has pretty good range on it also. :B:

Leather said:
I also would like too hear from anyone that may have installed a remote car starter! What brand did u choose? It would be cool if u could have the heated seats come on @ the same time ;)
even if you could wire it through the switch to tome on there is a safty switch that the seat belts have to be buckledin order to work...had to have this replaced last year -WVBubba :B:

I have been checking here for a Remote car starter and found out for $50 more (CND) they will connect my heated seats to come on as well. Just gotta make sure I can disconnect it for the summer time. I will get one installed in next couple of months b4 the snow.

WVBubba said:
even if you could wire it through the switch to tome on there is a safty switch that the seat belts have to be buckledin order to work...had to have this replaced last year -WVBubba :B:

Tks for note I will see if they can override the safty switch!

I put one in my wifes car last winter. A bulldog system I got from JCWhitney.. IT WORKS GREAT. Wiring charts on bulldogs site.. They were all accurate for this model of car... Took about 2-3 hours to install. I stripped (the wire), soldered and wraped all connections...

IT WAS EXCELLENT!!!! I can't say that enough.. Stay away from the radio shack ones, they don't seem to work in many cars...

The bulldog system is right up there with the best of them...

WVBubba said:

I checked mine this morning and my heated seats turn on without my seatbelt on. My build date is may 02, I wonder if the safty switch was on earlier modles?

I'm glad to hear that Remote start isn't to hard to get! I thought with that anti-theft fuel cut off thing that remote start wouldn't work. I will put that on my wish list. ;D

Leather said:
I checked mine this morning and my heated seats turn on without my seatbelt on. My build date is may 02, I wonder if the safty switch was on earlier modles?
mine turned on but did not heat, rode from Columbus to Charleston with the light on high and never warmed up, that when I took it to the dealer and the told me it has to be buckled...they fixed it has worked good ever since :) :B:

jnspur said:
I'm glad to hear that Remote start isn't to hard to get! ?I thought with that anti-theft fuel cut off thing that remote start wouldn't work. ?I will put ?that on my wish list. ;D ?
Mine is a Viper cost $299 installed, got a new key fob that locks and unlocks doors, starts and kills engine, and a panic button for the alarm...there is a fourth button that was for a remote trunk release, but can be used for something else like the window open/close module.....they put a valet switch under the dash and put a hood switch so if the hood is popped before the key is in the ignition will automatically kill the auto start, plus it beeps once to set and twice to disarm and all the lights flash when setting/unsetting :B: :B:

Back