• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need a Picture of Factory Assist Steps Mounting for an 05 with Cladding

05Z71Av

Can somebody get pictures of the correct mounting brackets for the factory assist steps that are used on the 2005?? A picture of how they are mounted to the rocker would be great!? I purchased some off eBay that were advertised as coming off of a 2005 but they don't appear to be the right ones. ?? I've read that the mounting was different before 2005 and I think that's what I got.

Is this what your looking for if not let me know and i will try to get a better shot  >:D

Attachments

• P1310002.JPG
    P1310002.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 77
  • P1310005.JPG
    P1310005.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 75
I have an '04 and put '05 running boards on it.? The running boards themselves are different underneath between the '04 and '05, and the brackets that hold them on are completely different. I ordered a set of '04 brackets and they didn't even come close to mounting on the '05 boards.

On the '04 the top mounting hole is a little lower, but I just used a large washer to take up the slack.? All the pressure of standing on the boards is on the lower bolts, anyway.? I doctored Shandar's picture just to point where the mounting holes are on an '04.? ? ?

If you got '04 and earlier boards, they should still work but you might have to drill a hole through the top of the bracket to line up the bolt holes.? The lower holes should be identical from year to year.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 73
Thanks guys!  That's just what I was looking for.   They definitely are different!  The bottom holes in the brackets I have would sit above the bottom lip of the rocker, instead of below it like in your pictures.   I don't think I can get these to work and trust them to support any weight since the problem is with the bottom holes that support all the weight.   If someone could post the same pictures of a pre 2005 you will see what I'm talking about.   I think you could mount new boards on an older Avalanche but not old boards on a new Avalanche.   If that makes any sense!!

Hi,
great pictures, but I have one small problem, I have a 02 cladded that I'm trying to put factory running broads on, do you have to remove the cladding to excess the top hole on the bracket or is there another way to get to it. I callled two dealers one said you have to remove and one said you don't. If any one has done this without removing the cladding can you please tell me how.

Thanks

You shouldn't have to remove any cladding, I don't think it would help any if you did.  The holes should already be threaded for the bolt to be installed from the back side of the rocker panel.  At least this is how they are on the 05, I would think the 02 would be similar.

By the way ---- still looking for some pictures of the factory board mounting on a 2002 thru 2004.  Like the above pics but the older version.

Thanks

Back