• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Warrantee Rules for Overseas and Military

whitedawg

I have to have my Catylitic Converter replaced on my 2002 Avalanche. This is warranteed til 80,000 mile and i'm currently at 62,000.

This is this information I gathered from the Dealers and the GM Warrantee Center:

U.S. owner?s touring in Canada, Mexico or other foreign countries should seek

emergency warranty repairs, preferably from a GM dealer selling and servicing

the particular brand GM vehicle. If warranty repair charges are paid for by the

owner, a reimbursement request through his/her selling dealer should be made

upon return to the U.S. by submitting the original paid receipt showing the work

performed, proof of ownership and any failed parts, if possible. :B:

d. Warranty Coverage U.S. Military/Government Personnel - U.S. and Overseas

? For U.S. Military/Government personnel operating their privately owned GM

vehicle either purchased through the Post Exchange Program or taken overseas

from the U.S., the U.S. vehicle warranty terms apply. If a used U.S. GM vehicle is

purchased overseas by U.S. Military/Government personnel from a non-U.S.

Military/Government personnel, the U.S. GM warranty coverage does not apply.

really good info... tyvm for posting that up for everyone... we have lots who go overseas so very important info for them to have (y)

Still, it's not the easiest process but it is a start in the right direction for those of
us that are outside the U.S.

One more thing to note with this is that the europian warrantee service is not the same as our system. It's best for you to call GM warrantee Services in the U.S. and tell them where you are and exactly the problem with your vehicle. The U.S. Warrantee Service is who will be sending your parts to the europian dealer where you will have the service performed. Our vehilcle's, if not purchased in europe, will not be covered in europe under the europian system. Our vehicles have to be processed through U.S. GM Warrantee. So, it's going to take a little research on your part to connect the dots. More that likely you are going to have to fit the bill for this whole evolution and be refunded in full from GM Warrantee Services or the original dealer where the vehicle was first purchased. GM has all this vehicle history information.

This must have changed because when I was stationed overseas (non-military but DoD employee), I had an issue with my Plymouth Grand Voyager.  It was purchased used in the USA before going overseas.  Over there, we had a warranty issue and Chrysler in the UK said they would honor the warranty but had to wait for parts to come from the USA to fix it.

Back