Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/26/14 12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light 2003  (Read 2268 times)
rico0465

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 02/08/08 10:56 AM »

::)

My 2003 Avalanche check engine light comes on and goes off.  Truck does not like the cold weather period ! I replaced the cats in the summer of 2007 with 55k.  It was covered thank god.  I thought maybe that was the problem back then.  About a month ago that check engine light came on again and some days goes off.  I do get a rough idle on cold mornings.  Once truck is warmed up it is fine.  Just drives me crazy ! 

Help !
MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/08 11:05 AM »

The codes are stored, you would go to a auto parts store and have them pulled then tell us the actual codes, but do it soon the longer you drive it the more it's going to cost to repair.

The problem may be a minor one and some auto parts stores will do it free.

Good Luck
DougD
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

So, didja?

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 02/08/08 01:49 PM »

I'll help you narrow it down - it's one of only several hundred possibilities at this point.

Find out what the code is, don't guess, and don't ignore it.

2003 Victory Red WBH Z66.  Suburban moldings.  Color-matched handles.  K&N FIPK-II.  Dynomax Cat-Back.  DVD/TV & Vizualogics.  Ambers.  Silverstars Hi, Lo & Fog.  Police Pursuit wipers.  Dually rear clearance light (still in the box).
ryno

I Love My Chevy Avvy

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 02/17/08 02:13 PM »

i have a 03 also and yesterday my check eng light came on.  I was pulling a trailer and when pulling a steep hill it had to shift down to second gear and immediately the light came on.  I checked the tranny fluid and engine oil and all was fine.....no leaks either.  I shut it off and restarted and light still on.  Any ideas.....  If i take down to Advanced Auto will they check it for free and let me know what this is all about?

Ryno....2003 av 1500 z71, factory 17",  Dark Gray Metallic w/o cladding, gm nerf bars, loaded with every bell & whistle(except dvd), added stainless grill guard/brush guards, stainless rocker panels, aluminium billet fuel door, bug deflector, window ventshade, straight pipe, carpeted rear seat back . Love My Avvy!!!
DougD
CAFCNA 2010 Supporting Member

So, didja?

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 02/17/08 02:14 PM »

Some stores scan for free, yes.  If you're not sure, call them and ask.

2003 Victory Red WBH Z66.  Suburban moldings.  Color-matched handles.  K&N FIPK-II.  Dynomax Cat-Back.  DVD/TV & Vizualogics.  Ambers.  Silverstars Hi, Lo & Fog.  Police Pursuit wipers.  Dually rear clearance light (still in the box).
ryno

I Love My Chevy Avvy

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 02/17/08 06:52 PM »

this morning the light was on but this afternoon was off.  i will give them a call tomorrow and see.  thanks for the info

Ryno....2003 av 1500 z71, factory 17",  Dark Gray Metallic w/o cladding, gm nerf bars, loaded with every bell & whistle(except dvd), added stainless grill guard/brush guards, stainless rocker panels, aluminium billet fuel door, bug deflector, window ventshade, straight pipe, carpeted rear seat back . Love My Avvy!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: