• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Utah/Colorado Mini Meet! Pics start page 3!!

UtahAV

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2004
SM 2003
Utah/Colorado Mini Meet
Grand Junction, CO
May 16th-18th, 2008

Come and join the fun as the Utah and Colorado Chapters meet for the first time in Grand Junction, CO. This GTG is sure to become an annual tradition! Of course we would love to see all of our AV friends from the rest of the country as well!!​

Hotel Info:
Doubletree Hotel Grand Junction​
743 Horizon Dr.​
Grand Junction, CO 81506​
Tel:970-241-8888​

We will have a portion of the parking lot reserved for us. The Doubletree hosts several car clubs a year and is excited to be hosting us!​

Itinerary:

Friday, May 16th:
Travel to Grand Junction and check in. GTG and Meet and Greet at the Doubletree parking lot Friday evening.

Saturday, May 17th:
Morning; Cruise to the Colorado National Monument.
Afternoon; TBD. Possibilities include the Cross Orchards Historic Farm, Dinosaur museum and the Gateway Auto Museum.
Evening; Group dinner at the Doubletree.

Sunday, May 18th:
Morning; cruise to the Grand Mesa.
Afternoon; Goodbye's and travel home.

Travel Info:
From Denver - 244 miles 3hr 53min​
From Colorado Springs - 311 miles 4hr 51min​
From Salt Lake - 284 miles 4hr 28min​
From Las Vegas - 508 miles 7hr​
From Phoenix - 580 miles 9hr​
From Pocatello - 447 miles 6hr 46min​

Attending:
UtahAV (2) (UT)​
avalanchuck (2) (CO)​
thorin (2) (CO)​
RV'in AV2500 (2) (UT)​
JoeSpicoli (CO)​
Ghostwheel & Az-spoiled Wife (2) (AZ) Can't get time off work  :(

Would like to go but not yet confirmed:
RockyMtnShowtime (CO)​
chadstr (CO)​
Michelango (UT)​
woof (CO)​

See You There!!!

Could be doable with a 4 day weekend. We might be trying to go camping the following weekend for memorial day and not sure yet about time off & $$ avail. It is too early to tell. We will keep this in mind and see what we can do. Would love to go if we can.

Az-Spoiled-Wife said:
Could be doable with a 4 day weekend. We might be trying to go camping the following weekend for memorial day and not sure yet about time off & $$ avail. It is too early to tell. We will keep this in mind and see what we can do. Would love to go if we can.

Hope you can make it! We would love to see you there!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Wow two Nicole's  :cool:

But only one will be at the Meet......

My Institute of Transportation Enguineers annual meeting in Jackson is the same week.  May 15th through the 17th.

Sorry  :beating: I thought it was the week after.

So needless to say Nicole and I will not be going to this meet.

That really Bites.  :needhug:

Kent

Trafficman said:
Wow two Nicole's  :cool:

But only one will be at the Meet......

My Institute of Transportation Enguineers annual meeting in Jackson is the same week.  May 15th through the 17th.

Sorry  :beating: I thought it was the week after.

So needless to say Nicole and I will not be going to this meet.

That really Bites.  :needhug:

Kent

Sorry to hear that Kent.  :(

We will all miss you and Nicole.

-UtahAV
-Mark

UtahAV said:
Sorry to hear that Kent.? :(

We will all miss you and Nicole.

-UtahAV
-Mark

I went back to the old post to Wyoming and saw I had made the date mistake there too.

I know you wanted me to be there but I can go to an all expense paid trip to Jackson or go to Wyoming Colorado on my own dime hmmmmmmm hard choice :laugh:

Trafficman said:
I went back to the old post to Wyoming and saw I had made the date mistake there too.

I know you wanted me to be there but I can go to an all expense paid trip to Jackson or go to Wyoming on my own dime hmmmmmmm hard choice :laugh:

Don't blame you, Jackson and the Tetons are AWESOME!!!

-UtahAV
-Mark

I called the Hotel a price and they do not have us down as a group discount. The rooms are also $159 a night. That does not work for me. I may go up to Jackson and see kent and have a beer instead. It is only a 2 hour drive.

Shane

Shanes 02 Avalanche said:
I called the Hotel a price and they do not have us down as a group discount. The rooms are also $159 a night. That does not work for me. I may go up to Jackson and see kent and have a beer instead. It is only a 2 hour drive.

Shane

The rate is $109.00 per night.
I am guessing they don't have the rate in the computer for us yet.

Hope you can make it!

-UtahAV
-Mark

I have updated the first post with a list of folks that have said they would like to attend. As soon as you know for sure that you are going to attend let me know and I will move your name up to "Attending:".

Also Shane's 02 Avalanche said he had some trouble making his reservation at the group rate. I will call on Monday and see what is up. If anyone else has any problem with reservations let me know and I will get it sorted out.

Who's Next?

-UtahAV
-Mark

I just talked to the DoubleTree and as I suspected they are a little behind getting our info into their system. They said to give them until Wednesday or Thursday and it will all be ready to go. Sorry for any inconvenience.

-UtahAV
-Mark

hey guys,
i have invited my brother from st louis to come out and do the road trip with me so put us down for 2 at this time. we DO have accomodations in town with a friend so wouldn't be staying at the hotel. i hope that's okay. saving a couple hundred bucks on the room will help pay for the gas in my guzzling 2500.

thorin said:
hey guys,
i have invited my brother from st louis to come out and do the road trip with me so put us down for 2 at this time. we DO have accomodations in town with a friend so wouldn't be staying at the hotel. i hope that's okay. saving a couple hundred bucks on the room will help pay for the gas in my guzzling 2500.

Sounds good thorin! Can't wait to meet you!!

-UtahAV
-Mark

One more signed up! Thats 4 confirmed! I made my reservation yesterday and all our info was in the computer with the Doubletree. Just mention the Chevy Avalanche Club when making your reservation. Please make your reservations soon. We need 8 AV's signed up by April 16th to hold our group rate. This is going to be a fun GTG!!!

-UtahAV
-Mark

UtahAV said:
One more signed up! Thats 4 confirmed! I made my reservation yesterday and all our info was in the computer with the Doubletree. Just mention the Chevy Avalanche Club when making your reservation. Please make your reservations soon. We need 8 AV's signed up by April 16th to hold our group rate. This is going to be a fun GTG!!!

-UtahAV
-Mark

:woot:

WHO'S NEXT?

Hey Utah were are ya???  This is going to be a great GTG! Lets hear it. Who else can join us for this one? Lots of cruising, lots of new AV friends, guaranteed to be a great time!!

Who's Next?

-UtahAV
-Mark

There are only 17 more days to sign up for this GTG. After April 16th the Doubletree will no longer honor our group rate unless we have 8 reservations made. This is going to be a great GTG! Don't miss it!

Who's Next?

Back