Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/27/14 09:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System  (Read 23767 times)
azcamel

Awards
« Reply #50 on: 08/09/08 08:38 AM »

after talking to another Chevy dealer in AZ, they said the same thing: not to install this in a AV
my loving wife just bought 1 for me for my birthday 2 days ago.
now im torn to which way to go   install or take it back

according to the dealers Chevy is recommending not to install because they are having trouble with it in the AV
from what i have read only problems is : clock not working, can't see millage, TPMS  hard to set up,  minor stuff.
Nobody has said that it has shorted out and/ or caused fire.

anyone who has this installed have any other problems with it?
i want to install it anyway. just because im a gadget freek

thoughts concerns?

thanks Help me!
« Last Edit: 08/09/08 03:11 PM by azcamel » Logged

2007 Avalanche  2LT Graystone 4x4
1996 Tahoe  LT 4x4  traded in for AV
1991 Blazer  4x4  full size   resting now( 4 sale)
azcamel

Awards
« Reply #51 on: 08/22/08 05:18 AM »

Any One?

2007 Avalanche  2LT Graystone 4x4
1996 Tahoe  LT 4x4  traded in for AV
1991 Blazer  4x4  full size   resting now( 4 sale)
rodderik

2007 LS Huntnwagn

Awards
« Reply #52 on: 08/22/08 04:51 PM »

Just go and get it done ASAP ! Don't let those guys at Chevy tell you no ! What they don't want to do the work in their shop and you pay them for it ? Tell them that you understand that it may not work as advertised by GM but you want it anyway ! Just don't go back and complain or make demands on them later !

A DEER IN THE BACK OF MY AVI IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSHES !
jeffbco

Awards
« Reply #53 on: 08/28/08 06:32 AM »

Any One?
Probably need to find a new dealer.  I had it installed on an 08 LT3 Z71 no problems at all.  The clock feature does not work but I wear a watch and my cell phone has a clock too.  Everything else works as advertised.  The rear window defog issue is NA for the Avalanche - as I said find a dealer who knows what he's doing.
Autobot

Awards
« Reply #54 on: 08/28/08 06:08 PM »

Does anyone have access to the GM Service Information system? The instructions for the install are in the Accessory Installation Manual, 2-Way Remote Start & Door Lock Transmitter Installation. I have an 03 Av but just bought an 08 Saturn Aura XR and purchased the AP3 (19156553) for it. Low and behold there are no installation instructions. I would like to install the antenna myself and have the dealer do the programing.
 Can anyone help with the instructions? Help me!

2011 Black on Black LTZ
2003 Pewter z71 Cladded / Retired
ajk2000

Money's Not Worth Anything, Till You Spend It....

Awards
« Reply #55 on: 09/10/08 01:06 PM »

called today..  they quoted me 319 for part and install..     part number 197171129 

2007 Summit White Z71(2wd), Ebony , Nav(cam) , Tint, Billet BowTies, 8000k HID Lows, Ambers, Headrest mod, Bed tent, Coastal tech GX320, Low Profile SteelSlide, LED Tails,  More Mods to come...
topherb612

Awards
« Reply #56 on: 10/08/08 08:38 PM »

I have the two way remote start that installed the antenna and receiver then had a dealership do the programing.  Works great so far haven't tested the distance yet. I also installed the antenna on the windshield.  Aftermarket antennas recommend placement there and not to bundle the antenna cable.  
bronks08av

Awards
« Reply #57 on: 12/03/08 09:26 PM »

I have an 08 AV with the factory 2-way advanced remote start and the range sucks.  At times I can see the vehicle and it doesn't work!  The unit was installed by dealer and antenna is located on the ceiling near rear window.  I have had Bulldog starters that stick the remote on the windshield and they work great.  Any help for this one?  Thanks.
rodderik

2007 LS Huntnwagn

Awards
« Reply #58 on: 12/06/08 02:30 PM »

I have an 08 AV with the factory 2-way advanced remote start and the range sucks.  At times I can see the vehicle and it doesn't work!  The unit was installed by dealer and antenna is located on the ceiling near rear window.  I have had Bulldog starters that stick the remote on the windshield and they work great.  Any help for this one?  Thanks.
          The antenna should be located on the outside of the vehicle for the best performance. I think relocating it to the center stop lamp area would help extend the range. How to do this ?... I don't know ?  Somebody ? Any ideas or thoughts on this mod. would be great !

A DEER IN THE BACK OF MY AVI IS WORTH TWO IN THE BUSHES !
omlifecrew

Awards
« Reply #59 on: 12/23/08 10:30 PM »

bronks08av how much was the cost of your remote start install.  Dealer told me 210 for 2-hours of labor.  That's darn high for a simple swap and reprogram don't you think?

bronks08av

Awards
« Reply #60 on: 01/05/09 07:22 PM »

I think around $200 for install seems right, yes it seems very expensive.  Especially when it is a piece of crap. 

Anyone tried relocating the antenna to get better range?
omlifecrew

Awards
« Reply #61 on: 01/07/09 07:52 AM »

bronks08av, can you give me details on the location of your equipment for your remote start?  Where is the antenna and receiver located etc.
omlifecrew

Awards
« Reply #62 on: 01/14/09 12:27 PM »

Found my answer and have instructions for the install.  Thanks Midwest Kid!
jimdandy

he he he

Awards
« Reply #63 on: 01/21/09 11:39 AM »

Anyone have the advanced 2-way and an aftermarket head unit?
Dealer told me factory radio must be in to program remote, and if then take out radiom, remote starter may not work???

Anyone? Help me!
omlifecrew

Awards
« Reply #64 on: 02/11/09 10:23 PM »

Anyone figure out Jimdandy's problem?  I am wondering the same.
mdrevs

Awards
« Reply #65 on: 02/17/09 05:18 PM »

Anyone have the advanced 2-way and an aftermarket head unit?
Dealer told me factory radio must be in to program remote, and if then take out radiom, remote starter may not work???

Anyone? Help me!

Just had the dealer program mine without any problems.  I have an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-F90BT that I installed in my 2008 Avalanche.   I took out the panel in the back so they didn't have to and installed the antenna afterwards myself to save on labor.

Hope that helps.

(Thanks omlifecrew and midwest kid for the info)

« Last Edit: 02/17/09 05:20 PM by mdrevs » Logged
07AvySS
CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member

WWW Awards
« Reply #66 on: 04/23/09 09:43 AM »

Ok, if I'm trying to put the advanced 2-way remote system w/ remote start in my 07 LS that didn't come with remote start, only remote keyless entry...what part numbers do I need?

Thanks.

TRUCK IS SOLD

Current Vehicles - 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE & 2004 Yamaha GP1300R
JHuber77

Awards
« Reply #67 on: 09/16/09 01:39 AM »

I was wondering if anyone has found a cover or a type of skin for this style remote?   My screen has gotten scratched already.  I applied one of those screen protector things that most people use on cellphones but its going to peel off eventually.  I was just wondering if anyone has found something to protect the screen other than that?

09 Avalanche LTZ Black fully loaded and then some
LornesAV
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #68 on: 10/06/10 06:24 PM »

and lastly this is where i tucked away the attn...  i installed it above the liner, straight to the bare metal of the roof

The 08 is no doubt the same as the 07, due the pillars have to come off for the headliner to drop in the rear?
Can an additional key fob be trained for the in truck sensor?

2008 Z71
Sgt8665
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche!

WWW Awards
« Reply #69 on: 12/14/11 05:55 AM »

Greetings all!

I have been away from the forums for awhile now, but have been a member since 2002 (Original Member )  Thumbs up!

Anyway, I have the 2-way Advanced Remote installed on my 09 Avalanche, and luv it!  love

Just recently it stopped working, and I noticed a number "2" on the screen inside the truck icon.
I am guessing it somehow got switched to vehicle #2? I know these remotes can be programmed to be used on two differant vehicles.

So, my question is, how do I get it back onto #1 vehicle??? Does anyone know???   Huh

Thanks in advance!

John (Sgt8665)  chevy
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: