• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2-Way Advanced Remote Start System

rodderik

A prairie dirt road. I am lost without my Garmin G
I found this dated November 20 2006 at fyi.gmblogs.com/2006/11/   The part #19171128 is for AP8 and part#19171129 is for AP3 but it are not active yet but will be !  Inside the glove box there is a sticker with codes on it look for AP3 and AP8 this is the code for command start upgrade.  The 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System is rumored to be out very soon now and I want one !   The cost for it may be about $249 plus $69 for the BCM flash at GM is also a rumor  !  Do you want one now too?  There is more info at GM-trucks.com/forums .

Couldn't find that part number, but I just got a 2008 Av LS and had the remote start added, and this is the remote they gave me
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=133&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=Avalanche&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=Remote%20Start&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
From what I understand all AV 2007 and up have the AP8 update and the remote start capability.  Took them about 20 minutes to add my RS, just swap out key fob and a reprogram from GM (a phone call I think) done deal.

Edit:  Guess the address is too long, click above and navigate to Avalanche, Electrical and remote start

GoNavy429 said:
Couldn't find that part number, but I just got a 2008 Av LS and had the remote start added, and this is the remote they gave me
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=133&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Chevrolet&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=Avalanche&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=Remote%20Start&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
From what I understand all AV 2007 and up have the AP8 update and the remote start capability.  Took them about 20 minutes to add my RS, just swap out key fob and a reprogram from GM (a phone call I think) done deal.

Edit:  Guess the address is too long, click above and navigate to Avalanche, Electrical and remote start

That is the regular remote start, not the 2 way advanced remote start.  I will be watching for the upgrade.  I wonder what the range is on the new 2 way remotes?  Hopefully, it is much improved over the factory remote start system.

Hi to the trAVelingman ! The 2-way Advanced Remote System has a 1000 ft range !  I think thats 333 yards !  I just do metric here OK!  Updated info. from GM-TRUCKS.COM  THIS SYSTEM SHOULD BE AVALABLE BEFORE JUNE 2008. Go to your dealer and ask or call 1-800-263-3777 Customer Communications.                 

i hera the new 2 -way remote also displays odometer and tire pressure,etc,etc. ??? where can we get all the specs and exactly whta needs to be done here for this upgrade from the normal oem rs system?? someone start a fresh thread with all the details please... :B:

rodderik said:
I found this dated November 20 2006 at fyi.gmblogs.com/2006/11/   The part #19171128 but it is not active yet but will be !  Inside the glove box there is a sticker with codes on it look for AP8 this is the code for command start upgrade !  The 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System is rumored to be out very soon now and I want one !   The cost for it may be about $249 plus $69 for the BCM flash at GM is also a rumor  !  Do you want one now too?  There is more info at GM-trucks.com/forums .
   Go to your dealer now if you want one of these! The part# is good and they are taking orders now with delivery to dealers in 3 weeks!

Read from page 14 on  http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68420

Mine is on Order...Shows in stock and should be delivered in 3 working days.
$150 for the fob and $77 for the install.

macaw1us said:
Mine is on Order...Shows in stock and should be delivered in 3 working days.
$150 for the fob and $77 for the install.

It's on.
There is no clock on the Avi remote like the others, it's BIG, you must constantly push one of the side buttons to light up the screen for more the a few secounds and it uses a coin battery.

It required an additional $40 part and ended up costing $273 installed.

It does lock and unlock from inside the house and it is nice to see the locked symbol without having to have eyes on the truck when you push the button.

I'll post more on the ranges etc, as I use it.
Did I mention the remote is Huge?

PS..it does still use the factory alarm and shows it activated on the led screen

I'm not too impressed with the factory alarm.  My Av was broken into while I'm here in Myrtle beach....broke the passenger side window with a screw driver or something.  Stole my iPod in the glove compartment, my girlfriends Ralph L. sunglasses, and my radar detector.  I drove the truck that morning too!  It happened in broad daylight while in a parking garage!  I already am planning on putting an aftermarket system in the Av when I return home...tilt sensor, shock sensor, spare relay siren if battery is cut..... considering the proximity sensor/radar option.  Any opinions/thoughts on that?  I think in order to "set" the factory alarm, you have to lock the door with the door open, but I don't remember - but that is a pain, because if you forget to lock your door and then hit the lock button when you are away from the vehicle.....No Alarm!  What good is that?  I'm not a huge fan of factory stuff.  For what you pay for it, you can get a lot more for your money & better products with aftermarket (that's the main reason why I ripped out that crappy Bose system!)

macaw1us said:
It's on.
There is no clock on the Avi remote like the others, it's BIG, you must constantly push one of the side buttons to light up the screen for more the a few secounds and it uses a coin battery.

It required an additional $40 part and ended up costing $273 installed.

It does lock and unlock from inside the house and it is nice to see the locked symbol without having to have eyes on the truck when you push the button.

I'll post more on the ranges etc, as I use it.
Did I mention the remote is Huge?

PS..it does still use the factory alarm and shows it activated on the led screen
What was the additional part needed?  Where did they mount the antenna?  Thanks.

JustMove (aka Mini-Yak) said:
I'm not too impressed with the factory alarm.  My Av was broken into while I'm here in Myrtle beach....broke the passenger side window with a screw driver or something.  Stole my iPod in the glove compartment, my girlfriends Ralph L. sunglasses, and my radar detector.  I drove the truck that morning too!  It happened in broad daylight while in a parking garage!  I already am planning on putting an aftermarket system in the Av when I return home...tilt sensor, shock sensor, spare relay siren if battery is cut..... considering the proximity sensor/radar option.  Any opinions/thoughts on that?  I think in order to "set" the factory alarm, you have to lock the door with the door open, but I don't remember - but that is a pain, because if you forget to lock your door and then hit the lock button when you are away from the vehicle.....No Alarm!  What good is that?  I'm not a huge fan of factory stuff.  For what you pay for it, you can get a lot more for your money & better products with aftermarket (that's the main reason why I ripped out that crappy Bose system!)
I've never considered the factory systems on GM cars a true alarm - it only goes off if a door is opened or the hood is opened so it's worthless in a smash and grap situation.  The aftermarket alarms will have shock sensors and you can add tilt sensor, etc.  After many aftermarket alarms (mostly Clifford), I'd stay away from the proximity/radar sensors - hard to adjust properly and they seem to set the alarm off randomly.

The factory alarm (on the 08 anyway) can be set if you lock the doors with the switch or with the remote - you can test it by sitting in the car after doing this - you'll see the light on the dash illuminate and go off after a 30 second delay - that's when the system is armed.  Good luck with your aftermarket choices.  The key is to get the best installer.

macaw1us,

Where did your antenna go? I picked mine up today and my cousin and I are gonna put it in next week. He works for a local dealer and has access to the necessary tools. From the directions it looks like everything is in the back upper trim panel above the rear window.
Key fob pictures... this thing is pretty big!

2waykeyfob2.jpg

2waykeyfob.jpg

i ordered mine today from lakewood chevy in nj and it cost me $124. now i need it programed and im set.  anyone else have any more info on this yet?

Just installed the new two remote in my LTZ!!! (y) It seems to work pretty good and the install was easy remove rear panel above the rear window and install newRKE module!! then remove factory remote antenna and install new antenna on outside of same panel and run wire the the new rke module!! very easy!!!! It was harder to download the program to the new rke and set up tire monitor again with tech2!!! thank god for freinds in servcie department!!LOL  (y)

I didnt look long but i didnt see the oem rke unit in the back rear panel?any pics? where are you guys mounting that antenna ?

Ordered mine today from my dealer for $127.05  They listed it for $160 ($10 over msrp).  When I told them gmpartsdirect.com had them for $127 they agreed to match the price. 

According to the gmtrucks forum no instructions are included.  Does anyone have them?  I figured I could install the hardware and have the dealer program the module.

you need to save the original info to gm tech 2 before you do anything!!! just a warning!!! you must download original rke software info before doing anything!!!!!

the dealer try ed to program my truck but is having problems with my tire pressure monitor not responding does anybody have an idea

Back