• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche Cruise to the Caribbean-February 2009

Where would you like to go?

• Total voters

Willyorca

PM 2017
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
I'm trying to find out if anyone might be interested in doing an Avalanche Cruise.  By cruise I mean just that, a cruise on a cruise ship... :abuelito:

I've been with a group of friends before and group rates are fabulous...we had a group that was 7 people and our rate was $325 per person (double occupancy) for a 5 day, 4 night Bahamas cruise.  Think how low that could go with 20+...

And no worries about drinking and driving!  (y)

People who have SAID they are interested (as opposed to just posting in this thread...)  :

willyorca & Bonesaw
ChevyGuyNC (+1???)
BeeSting+1
Intimidatoruag (+1???)
AVnFun+7!!!
MoAv
Shels Land  (+1???)
Z66 Butch (+1???)
trAVelingman & Widow (+more????)
Tango Chaser +4
Moddess+1
Dune
Jstbad +1

We are quite possibly well over 20 now!!!   Almost almost over 30!!

Who else????

:woohoo:

We would be sooooooo up for that!  Been too long since we've been on a cruise. 

Ok, now I'm getting excited!  I was worried no one would be interested since it means leaving the trucks at port-or home!

my wife would love this .... depends on when but we might be up for it ....

plan it for next year and they will come .... lol!

Carnaval 7-day!  (y)

Intimidatoruag said:
my wife would love this .... depends on when but we might be up for it ....

plan it for next year and they will come .... lol!

Carnaval 7-day!  (y)

also Lord Aries is a TA and I know he likes to cruise , he may be able to help out  (y)
I agree with next year, it would be great to get out of here Jan, Feb or March  :E: :E: I know to that we should try and pick a 4 or 5 day that the kids are not on break as the rates take quite the hike.

I was kind of thinking either October-since no more STI or either late February or early March...of course we should try to avoid Spring Break as well...

I went on a Bahamas cruise at the beginning of February 2 years ago and the water was still really cold in both Key West and Nassau...I'd prefer NOT to do that again!  (n)

OH  :wave:  count me in, lets take it out of the Port of Canaveral. I live right there. We can have a official hotel (Raddison at the Port) if everyone comes a day or two early, and we can crusie over to the Rusty's Raw Bar and have dinner or drinks (good drinks). If everyone is here a day or two early we can cruise to the space center for a tour.  Lots and Lots of ideas...

Yeah I am in!!!

One more thing, the Cruise ships are feeling the heat of this recession and have announced that they are cutting back on the amount of cruises, so they may be willing to work on a even better price now.

That sounds good . We did the Halloween cruise last year and it was nice but the waters are rough because of the hurricanes, and we were not able to port in one of the ports. I like October for the 4 or 5 day cruise and I'm with you if we do a 7 day it needs to be either Eastern or Southern. Personally I did not like the Western at all. If we do a southern they type sail out of San Juan.

AVnFun said:
OH  :wave:  count me in, lets take it out of the Port of Canaveral. I live right there. We can have a official hotel (Raddison at the Port) if everyone comes a day or two early, and we can crusie over to the Rusty's Raw Bar and have dinner or drinks (good drinks). If everyone is here a day or two early we can cruise to the space center for a tour.  Lots and Lots of ideas...

Yeah I am in!!!

One more thing, the Cruise ships are feeling the heat of this recession and have announced that they are cutting back on the amount of cruises, so they may be willing to work on a even better price now.

I like it Wayne. I would prefer to do this out of Florida and crash your house  >:D  :love:

Bee Sting said:
I like it Wayne. I would prefer to do this out of Florida and crash your house  >:D  :love:

Fine by me, I have a small Townhouse, but everyone is invited to stay, plus I have lots of room accross the street where that house burned down is a nice big field.

W/e you all want, if we go out of the Port here in Cape Canaveral  I can get things going as far as hotel breaks and resturaunts etc.. we even have a Waffle house  :laugh: :laugh:

Bermuda (y)

I love that place Mon

AVnFun said:
Fine by me, I have a small Townhouse, but everyone is invited to stay, plus I have lots of room accross the street where that house burned down is a nice big field.

W/e you all want, if we go out of the Port here in Cape Canaveral  I can get things going as far as hotel breaks and resturaunts etc.. we even have a Waffle house  :laugh: :laugh:

Ooooo waffle House  :laugh: I guess I can make up for that food with cruise food, oh wait I forgot I don't eat on cruises I'm too full from the Mud Slides   :love:

OMG O.K this is getting me excited. I love cruises  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

bonesaw said:
Shhhhh . . . don't say that by the customs guys  >:D

Shoot where do you think I get it from  :E:  I mean I have friends there.

Like I said I don't have much ppl room, but I have lots of AV room, remeber this pic, well its now a big open beach full of sand and sea shells. We even have asked the owner if we could put up a volley ball net there.  :laugh:

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 172
AVnFun said:
Shoot where do you think I get it from  :E:  I mean I have friends there.

Like I said I don't have much ppl room, but I have lots of AV room, remeber this pic, well its now a big open beach full of sand and sea shells. We even have asked the owner if we could put up a volley ball net there.  :laugh:

V-Ball there ya go, drunk V-Ball even better.  :love:
BTW I hope I can get US Air to park in that lot  :laugh:

Back