• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Little known things you found out about your AV features! Please Contribute ...

Cosmic Charlie

Park Assist Disabled - Means the rear bumper sensors have dirt covering the lenses(s) and they are not working till you clean them.

I dislike the rain sense feature - to deactivate and return to "you turn on or chose the interval of delay" just unsnap the plastic cover off the inside windshield at the rear view mirror and unplug the plug. I do not prefer the wipers turning on FAST ever, I like to turn them on to regular or my interval choice - so picky.

Did you notice when the Seat Belt Unbuckled Warning Chime rings it mutes the directional sound until it finishes 5 dings, but the directional is still working continuously.

These trucks have so many features the owners book doesn't even mention some !

What have you found ?

Love my AV

I noticed the controls for the CD player on the steering wheel control the same thing. The arrows facing up go to the next song and so does the arrow (>I). Can this be changed to scoll to the next CD vs the next song?????

I just learned that the sun visors extend.  :E:
I agree with the rain sensors, don't like it. But if you turn it all way back towards you, that will turn if off as well.
Also, the Nav doesn't have some of the places that I look for. How do I update that?

AVnFun said:
I just learned that the sun visors extend.  :E:
they do extend?

I learned that with the retractable running boards, you can keep a foot on them when you shut the door and they will actually stay down for ease of washing.

here is something I learned .... you have 3 lights above the rear window to help you with the back sensors when getting close to something .... well if you have the DVD player you can't see the lights ....  :E:

and if you turn off traction control hold the button in for 4 second .... it turns off more than just traction control ...  >:D

Intimidatoruag said:
and if you turn off traction control hold the button in for 4 second .... it turns off more than just traction control ...  >:D

So what else does it turn off  ???.

Intimidatoruag said:
here is something I learned .... you have 3 lights above the rear window to help you with the back sensors when getting close to something .... well if you have the DVD player you can't see the lights ....  :E:

Those things are useless, can't see them w/o DVD player. I knew I had them but forgot I did, I can't see them no matter how I adjust my rear view mirror.

trAVelingman said:
Damn

Now I gotta LEAVE my office, go out to my truck, JUST to find out what it does................ :E:
stop your whining...  :beating:

it just turns stabilitrak off when held. I actually got the tires to roll over with some sound when I turned it off.  >:D

trAVelingman said:
Damn

Now I gotta LEAVE my office, go out to my truck, JUST to find out what it does................ :E:

John, that was exactly why I asked!  Brian is just being evil today! 

Hey Cosmic Charlie -"How Do You Do"- Welcome - and I like that sig, I'm only 36 though so Jerry had a beard all the time when I saw him.

I like the added clips on the visors.  Gives me a place to put the parking tickets at the airport instead of sticking them behind the visor.

Glad I'm not the only one disgrunted over the lights for the backup sensors.

Stock all 4 on high is a nice added touch as well.

bandt0913 said:
stop your whining...  :beating:

it just turns stabilitrak off when held. I actually got the tires to roll over with some sound when I turned it off.  >:D

(y)  ... thanks I couldn't remember what the stupid thing was called ....

Okay so that is pretty kewl!

Your visors look great with the AV vice the yellow puke I have on mine!!

By the way I have found that they look a whole lot better after a bath too!  (Brian????)

Back