Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Little known things you found out about your AV features! Please Contribute ...  (Read 179416 times)

Hunter01

I have the center seat belt instead of the center console up front. Not sure about changes. Does your '11 have the full console up front?
'08 Avalanche

PromptCritical

• Agent of Entropy

I have the center seat belt instead of the center console up front. Not sure about changes. Does your '11 have the full console up front?

I have bucket seats with a center console.  Yours must be the bench seat.
Toys list:
2011 LT Z71.  Black. 5.3L/6L80. Mods: 6" Fabtech lift on 35x12.5x18" Ridge Grapplers, ProComp Rockwells, Bilstein 5100's, 3.73 gears, TruTrac, Diablo tune, OEM Tranny Cooler, Weathertech, Tailgate Assist, BedRug, Black OEM grille, Black bowties, ALL glass tinted.
Tesla ≡ Reservation
1999 Tahoe 2-dr Z71 Sport.
1971 K/5 Blazer CST.  Ochre.  GM Perf. 350HO Crate, Roll bar.
2001 Suntracker 30 Party Hut. 3 AGM batteries w/ isolator, 1000W system.
Assorted things that go boom, bang, and pew.

Trey

• Burnin' That Saudi Oil, so you don't have to.

I have the center console in my 2004.  You can pull out the drink holder/ashtray/remote control holder part, and there is a secret compartment underneath.  It's big enough to keep a pistol...or a Whelen Strobe unit.

2004 Silver Birch AV 4x4, Leather, CD-Changer, DVD, chrome steps
MODS: TRUXXX Leveling Kit, HIDs, Full-Time Amber DRLs, All-8-on-Hi-Beams Mod, A/C Vent LEDs, Metalcast Engine cover, Headlight and Backup Light Strobes, Sail Panel LEDs, 81-LED Lighted Bowtie, Color-changing LED Headlight Accents, Black Flames, 20" Dub X-Wang Wheels, Power Locking Tailgate, Train Horns, Line of Fire, Smoked Taillights.

wyotonka

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • WyoTonka

Well I found out today not to leave the back window unmatched with the seats down, I passed a Subaru and when I slowed back down somehow the back window came out of the push button latch. Thankfully there was enough on top of the seat backs the window didn't break, it did scare the crap out of me though.

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

AirJunky

• Live hard, die young, leave a good lookin corpse!
    • AirJunky.com - go big or go home!

First time I've ever seen this one. The DIC gave me a warning that the battery in the remote key fob was getting low.
« Last Edit: 12/16/15 07:44 PM by AirJunky »
-
Bill
2005 Avalanche, 4x4, Z-71 1500, 5.3 liter, 4.10 rear, upgraded 4L60E.
Mods: Heated cloth seats, Pioneer stereo, 2 Kicker subwoofers, MB Quart speakers, tinted front windows, removed Z71 decals, Flowmaster 50, All4On, Amber DRLs, CAI, Maglite, wrapped steering wheel, Indoor/outdoor carpeted the bed & midgate.
My Av Gallery

utahpablo

First time I've ever seen this one. The DIC gave me a warning that the battery in the remote key fob was getting low.
   That's a great feature as with our late model Dodge Magnum, if the remote battery is low the car will not start, not sure if it's the same with our Avalanche, but good to know about this feature, thanks for posting it :thumbsup:

billgent

Have 2012 AV LTZ and when I stop on a hill for red light, the brakes stay applied when I remove my foot from the brake pedal until I press the gas pedal. :thumbsup:

Cat Dancer

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • Well Stanley, This is Another Fine Mess!

Have 2012 AV LTZ and when I stop on a hill for red light, the brakes stay applied when I remove my foot from the brake pedal until I press the gas pedal. :thumbsup:

I noticed that 3 years ago when I originally acquired my current '13. I never noticed it with my earlier '10 or the '03. Then, I read the Manual and found out it was only supposed to hold for 2 Seconds After You Let Off of the Brake Pedal. I can confirm this is in Fact the Real Deal on Serious Hills. Mine does hold longer on inclines less than 6% UpHill most of the time. I've never tried it facing DownHill!

It felt very familiar when it released just like it did in San Francisco with a 4 speed Pinto back in the day.
2K03 LPM Z71 5/03 - 4/10
The True Essence of Understatement

2K10 Z71
Not Sperry τΏτ Driven, Sperry τΏτ Approval Pending

2K13 Black Diamond, Chair Lift Edition , Black Of Course!

cissysdad

which button to push 4 times to shut the headlight off at night

4x4dreamer

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • Have you checked your local GTG thread?
    • Facebook

which button to push 4 times to shut the headlight off at night

The button to push for that particular function is the "dome override" button to the left corner of the headlight switch!
2013 Black Diamond LTZ with plenty of mods
2018 GMC Sierra SLT Premium Plus 6.2 V8

cissysdad

MikeES

Just found this out.  The back up camera comes on with the truck in reverse, and goes out when you put in forward.  BUT if you leave your foot slightly on the brake when you put it in forward the back up camera stays on, until  you take your foot off the brake, works great for parking and also for hooking up a trailer.

Alacza

• I love the Chevy Avalanche

The dee zee tailgate assist is cheap and easy to install for a nice upgrade.

Alacza

• I love the Chevy Avalanche

The interior lighting with led is also a cheap and easy upgrade for much improved white lighting.

frito

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"

This is on an '03 vs. a second GEN, but if you leave the turn signal on longer than the thing likes, it starts yelling at you - well Chiming at a ludicrously high volume and the dash starts blinking turn signal has been on too long.  Blasted thing almost caused me to wreck.  For the record, I purposefully had my turn signal on for a long stretch.  There was construction on the expressway and the there were signs that the right lane was closed ahead; however, it was closed about 30 yards after the exit I needed to take.  So I was running the right, soon to be closing lane with my turn signal on to inform the other drivers who had already moved over that I'm not jerk who's going to try to force my way in but rather am actually getting off at the exit.  Just before the exit, as traffic was coming to a stop in my lane is when the thing yelled and startled me.  I just about rear ended the car in front me as I was surprisingly trying to figure out what was happening.  Not a fan of this feature and can't find where to turn it off. 
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...

MS03 2500

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member

It got your attention, didn't it.  :cool:
2003 2500

EXT4ME

• ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...

Not a fan of this feature and can't find where to turn it off.

I don't care for it either.

Makes it hard for us old guys that like to run down the highway in the left lane with our left turn signal on all the way home.

:laugh:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts. Goodyear Assurance CS TripleTred All-Seasons.

frito

• "I'll be your bumblebee buzzing around"

I don't care for it either.

Makes it hard for us old guys that like to run down the highway in the left lane with our left turn signal on all the way home.

:laugh:
Oh yeah.  Scared the bejez out of me
Bumblebee - '03 Z71, FTDRL, All On High, Sail Panel LEDs, Bumper Cup Holders.  Decisions, Decisions...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 23 queries.