• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NE Chapter GTG Ideas Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In keeping with our family theme, I would like to suggest Clarks Trading Post in Lincoln, NH.

2003 ADMISSION
age 6 & Up - $10.00
age 3 to 5 - $3.00
Under 3 - FREE
Senior Citizen (65 and over) - $9.00
Adult Season Pass - $45.00

ADMISSION TICKET INCLUDES:
A half hour performance with Native Trained Black Bears in our show arena.
A guided tour through Tuttle's Rustic House
An adventure through the unknown in Merlin's Mystical Mansion.
Entrance into the Pemigewasset Hook and Ladder Fire House, an 1884 replica, Americana Building, Clark Museum, Florence Murray Museum, and Avery's Garage.
2 1/2 mile steam train ride on the White Mountain Central Railroad
Ride on the Old Mill Pond Water Bumper Boats. Be prepared to GET WET!

Click on the attachment for a map of the Trading Post.

How about Sunday July 6th?

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

I did some looking into the Newport, RI. area, and so far the only thing that looks like it may be of interest to all is, The Three Musketeers at Belcourt Castle over the Labor Day weekend.

27142863.jpg
If someone from the area has any suggestion please let us know. I'll keep looking and see what I can come up with.

-Lee

If you have a GTG at Clarks, I might make the trip from LI. I took my family there a few years back and they enjoyed it (especially the bear show)

That would be cool Sportside, We tried to fit it into a camping trip last year but arrived to late, but the kids got to see The Old Man in the Mountain :cry:

I would love to do Foxwoods, but I am too poor right now..

Clarks might be interesting.... and it is also closer to me. (y) I never have been there.

Well I'm game for almost anywhere, the bears thing sounds interesting..

I lived about 15 minutes from foxwoods for about 7 years.. not much there to do but gamble of course.

Also if we are planning on newport (I work there :) ?) so i know a bunch of options for having a cook out as well as all the mansions that are down there.. also if done on a saturday there is a polo tournament that takes place there with either the newport team or team USA. entree is like 8$ a person but there is nice sideline parking on the one side :)

But regaurdless of where we decide ill be there.

I was thinking maybe beavers tail light house in Jamestown RI. ?Its a state park, and its really nice there.
I cant find much info on the net but here is a link there is a large picture of the area.Lighthouse
Its just over the bridge from newport.

More info on Beavers Tail State Park

Beavertail State Park, located in Jamestown, Rhode Island, is known for offering some of the most beautiful vistas along the New England coastline. The Park attracts people from all over the country, to enjoy it's pristine environment. Beavertail?s most popular activity is sightseeing, and can be done from the comfort of a vehicle, in one of the four overlooks or on foot, from the rocky coastline. Beavertail also provides some of the best saltwater fishing in the area, along with offering hiking trails, and a naturalist program that attracts hundreds of people each year.

We would love to go to Clarks (never been there before). But how about holding that off until the fall. Maybe make it another fall foliage GTG. Or incorporate it into a camping GTG in Aug.

Newport sounds interesting too. (Note: sightseeing by AV in the discription).

As for July 6th. I would have to pass. We do the whole July 4th thing on the Charles (on vaca that week).

Just my .02

Russ...

So no one else loves the idea of 20 Avalanches heading up Mount Washington? Man, being a visionary sucks. ?;)

I'm also leery of heading to Clark's on the Fourth of July weekend. It's like their second-best weekend of the season for them. Plus, I've been there on that weekend before and parking for just me was scarce. A ball game, either the PawSox or the Sea Dogs sounds like it'd be a better idea for mid-summer, and do what Ahoy said; leave Clark's 'til post-Labor Day. Or the state park thing; having never been to Rhode Island.

I wouldn't mind doing the Rhoad Island things. We have mentioned for the past few years of cruising the mantions and a cookout.

I thought this past GTG was the best for me because I got to talk to alot of the members this time instead of the usal HI. Plus the food was GREAT.

RON

Did someone say cookout? I think I know what to bring...

It just occurred to me ('cause I'm like that) that taking in a PawSox game would also involve being in Rhode Island, so either/or is good for me.

And don't mock the power of the wings!

Good points on Clark's over July 4th. everyone, we should incorporate this into our,​

Second Annual AVALANCHE in the Whites GTG

It looks like Newport is the winner for our next GTG.
If everyone interested could please post what weekend you can make it, we can start to plan the event.

For our northern NE members, we'll plan something up in your neck of the woods I promise.

Sorry I missed the last GTG. Looks like you had a great time.

Any weekend in July will be ok with me.

Mike

July 12/13 is good for me. Saturday is better than Sunday, but not a deal breaker. What exactly in Newport are we talking about?

Attachments

• btailaerialsfasanoNF.jpg
    btailaerialsfasanoNF.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
tymcneal said:
Did someone say cookout? I think I know what to bring...

It just occurred to me ('cause I'm like that) that taking in a PawSox game would also involve being in Rhode Island, so either/or is good for me.

And don't mock the power of the wings!

LOL...

ALL HAIL THE WINGS!!!! ? ALL HAIL THE WINGS!!!!!

Next time we need more though.... ?I do not think there were enough... ? ;) ? By the way, I do not think I mentioned it, those wings were delicious!!!

Tim, ?

This is not starting out too good! ?I can't make it the 12th ? :rolleyes:

I can make it any other day in July. ?

Personally I would prefer a Saturday vs. a Sunday but I can do either.

BTW. Tim, How's work?

-Mark

The weekends of July 12/13 or 26/27 works for us. Also we are plugging for the Paw Sox, if people want to try and pull off another quick GTG on another weekend around the Mansions GTG. We are game...

NOW...something to think about ???
Seeing how WINGS have been on EVERYBODYS mind lately. How about having a Chix Wing cook-off at our next BBQ. What's better than...

OUTDOORS - BBQ - WINGS - BEER - "SPECIAL" ICE TEA - ETC ;D

The only problem I see is running out of WINGS! ;)

Russ...

I like the sound of going to Newport. I think going to a state park for a little cookout, and then a tour of mansions would be nice. I do go to newport every summer for a 3-4day vacation from work, it is usually mid to late july, so if we plan on going in middle of july, I might already be out there.

And I am still up for something back in western, MA. I hear that Six Flags is really nice, whether it is that or something else. ;D

-James R. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back