• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

N.E. Chapter/Aug 2 @ New England Dragway

Capecruis8der

SM 2003
HI all
This is the resceduled date for the Super Chevy Show at New England Dragway on Aug 2, 2003

Please post your attendance [truck and passangers] in this thread, as I need to notify them, 2 weeks in advance, with a head count

The AutoZone Super Chevy Show is taking place at ? ?New England Dragway in Epping NH, on Aug 1-2-3, 2003

The Boston/New England chapter of the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club will be attending as a non-judged/ non-racing group. We will be in the midst of many other car/truck clubs that are being voted on, as well as manufacturer's representing aftermarket accessories and most importanly DRAG RACING, top fuel, Jet Cars etc

The event is billed as a 3 day event, but as a group, we will probably attend on one day>> ?[ most likely Saturday] but you can attend as many days as you like

The entry fee, for a Auto/Truck group is
$45 per vehicle [includes driver] for 1-2-3 days
$25 PP/adult for 3 days as a guest ?>> or
$20 PP, per day as a guest
$ 10 kids 13-16 yrs old, per day
Free kids under 12

There is plenty of Hotels/Motels in the area, if you are staying overnite, as well as Hampton Beach, 20+ min up the road

HEADCOUNT>>>>>> ?
1 ** Capecruis8der -- 2A/2K >>Burgers/ Stuffed mushrooms/
2 ** Phantom ? ? ? ? ?-- 2A/2K>> Stk-tips/Ptato salad/utensils
3 ** NHMark ? ? ? ? ? ?-- 1A/
4 ** James 21 -- 1A >> Cookies
5 ** Tymcneal --1A No Idea?
6 ** RI-Z71 -- 3A
7 ** 02-2500 -- 4A
8 ** JJsnowking --3/A >> Chili
9 ** Ahoy -- >> H-dogs/rolls/fixins/ambrosia
10** Maine_Guy --2/A
12** Neptune
13** Kuffs --3/A
14** Ross_G --2/A
15** AvinginUSnavy --
16** ICEBEAR --2A/2K

GTGNEDW1.jpg

Rich, I will be going, probably just myself, but will notify if I will be bringing any passangers. I am for the $45 fee to go inside the gates as a group and be with all the other groups. I also am planning to go up on Friday, mainly, because I am planning on stopping to get some fireworks at Phantom Fireworks on my way up. >:D

Looking forward to the show and seeing everyone again! ;D

-James R. :cool:

I'll probably be there as well, at least on Saturday. Should we plan on ordering the Av's to show the stages of transformation from SUV to UUV? ;)

So is that $45 entrance fee for all three days, or $45 per day?

Rich,

I think it's going to be my wife and I and my son but he is only 4. ?I'll let you know my exact headcount by Monday but I have a question. ?My brother and his family are want to go to the show and see the races but they will not be coming in with me and they do not have an Av. ?Would it be best if I tell him to just get their tickets at the gate? ?Will they be able to come over to the Avs?

Tim,

Are we actually going to make 2 in a row? ? ;D

-Mark

nh_mark said:
Tim,

Are we actually going to make 2 in a row? ? ;D

Shh. Gotta make it one in a row first. ;)

Rich, put me down for one adult. Or one person of adult age.

I posted this info over at the other club, with any luck we can beat our record of 17 AV's for this event.

Also one of the Pharmacy Techs I worked with will be there with his
J-Body Car Club This may turn out to be one of our larger events, hope everyone can make it.

If your interested in attending this event please post a head count, thanks

Hi I will be attending also. I am not sure of a count yet, so I will have to get back to you guys with a #.

Phantom my sister also belongs to that J-body Club.

Josh

Rich,

I think it is going to be just me in my Av, the wife and my son will come in her car and pay at the gate to get in that way she can leave if my son wants to leave.

If anybody is interested in camping that weekend we have a seasonal site at Ferndale Acres Campground in Lee, thats the next town over from Epping. They have an inground pool and a river with a beach, and other things to do. We like it. They are very quiet, I think fires have to be out by 12:00.

The campground is about 15 minutes from the dragway and about 1/2 an hour from Hampton beach. My plan is to go up there early Saturday morning and drop off our stuff at the trailer and then head over to the Dragway to meet everybody else. If anybody decides to go there let me know so I can look for you.

HELP... I can't get the URL to work. What am I doing wrong?

-Mark

Rich,

I think the way that we are going to do it is, I am going to go in my Av alone and the wife will bring her car and just pay at the gate. So if you are pre-paying for this, I only need 1 ticket.

Also, I am wondering why we are entering as a non judged group?

-Mark

Mark, If anyone wants to be judged they will have to stay till the end of the show on Sunday. Now this may be something we may want to talk about, should we change the day of the GTG to Sunday so that the group can be judged, or keep it on Sat. and those wishing to be judged can stay on till Sunday. I'm sure we would take away some prizes.

Phantom said:
Mark, If anyone wants to be judged they will have to stay till the end of the show on Sunday. Now this may be something we may want to talk about, should we change the day of the GTG to Sunday so that the group can be judged, or keep it on Sat. and those wishing to be judged can stay on till Sunday. I'm sure we would take away some prizes.

Oh, Thanks for the info. As for myself, either day works for me. That weekend starts my vacation ;D

-Mark

Lee/Rich,

I'm not quite sure who is coordinating this one, so I'll hit ya both ;D

It looks like I'll be going solo to this one. Yesterday my son got invited to a friends birthday party on the same day. My wife says to me "we have a problem" and she tells me. I said "well is it a problem if you bring him to the party and I go to the races?" She said "no" so I guess we don't have a problem >:D

So to sum it up: nh_mark 1 adult.

Are we doing food?

-Mark

Hi Rich/Lee/All
I AM NOT going to miss another GTG especially this one! ;)

I will be there, not sure of the my count yet. Are we thinkling of Sun instead of Sat? Either day is fine or both. I have school rescheduling the whole class so I can attend. >:D

Mark
I may be interested in the whole camping thing. Unless that has changed now that you will be flying solo.

I'm for doing food, beer, fun, etc...Tim - GOT WINGS!! :p

Can't wait til the 2nd, the weather better cooperate this time :cautious:

THINK AV :B:

Russ...

AHOY said:

Mark
I may be interested in the whole camping thing. Unless that has changed now that you will be flying solo....

Russ...

I'm probably going to be going up to the camp on Saturday morning to drop off our stuff and head to the track from there. I will definitely be going to the camp after the GTG and spending the weekend there. My wife and kids will meet me there after the birthday party is over.

-Mark

NH
A team coordinating effort (y)

As far as food, last time we were online to have a cookout, I say we should do the same, or pay $6 bucks a burger

the sponsers said grilles were OK, but then again they said beer was too????

Back