• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Dayton And Surrounding Areas

Texascwgrl

Charter Member
SM 2003
Fellow AVers,
We are new to Ohio (Moved here from San Antonio, TX) and there seems to be a shortage of AV chapters in the area. ?I am willing to lead a chapter in the area. ?I have been an active member in San Antonio and have been taught by the best about setting up only the best cruises: ?

Thanks to Lisa, Richard, Dave, and Pete (GOO929) RIP.
I am very excited to meet everyone from NEO and surrounding areas. ?Also, a special thanks to Spork for the great welcome to Ohio back in March. ?

Let's start this thread out right. ?Let's see some posts.
Texascwgrl

Ya made it. Welcome to Ohio! Hope you are getting settled in. We look forward to seeing you at some GTG's.
Traz

Welcome to Ohio. Glad to see some AVers
close to home. Hope you enjoy your new home.
Bogey

Just found out yesterday, that one of Karen's Uncles just purchased a 2500 AV. He live in Dayton, and might have some interest in a club, but I doubt he ever gets on the internet. We told him about the gathering in Dayton, with the Texas AVers, and he seems interested in going to it.

Welcome to the area! I am from central Indiana and only about a 1 1/2 hour drive west of you. Both Mongo Ranger & I have tried to get chapters started in our area without much success. If you get something going over there I will be willing to help out! There are lots of Avalanches in my area (Anderson Indiana) and I have been tagging for a long while but just can't seem to drum up enough interest. If you want to get together sometime, we can put together something, I would like to get a few Av'ers to come over to my home sometime for some mods! I have a nice garage and we could set around and talk and then do some modding!

Butch

Z66 BUTCH said:
Welcome to the area! I am from central Indiana and only about a 1 1/2 hour drive west of you. Both Mongo Ranger & I have tried to get chapters started in our area without much success. If you get something going over there I will be willing to help out! There are lots of Avalanches in my area (Anderson Indiana) and I have been tagging for a long while but just can't seem to drum up enough interest. If you want to get together sometime, we can put together something, I would like to get a few Av'ers to come over to my home sometime for some mods! I have a nice garage and we could set around and talk and then do some modding!

Butch

Butch,
Thanks for the reply. We have gotten spoiled with such a great group of folks in the San Antonio Chapter, I would love to pick up some dedicated AV owners and start a group in our area. I am wanting to have every other Friday GTGs and maybe a big cruise every other month. Anyway, once we get settled in our new house on June 20, I will be able to do more as far as the possibility of putting together a chapter here.
Take care and happy AVing,
Melissa

Z66 Butch... Mod parties are always a lot of fun. Sounds like a great idea. Being from TX, we don't mind driving 3-4 hours for a cruise, so 1 1/2 hours is nothing.

We are planning a GTG with the Texas chapters in Dayton around July 26. We will probably go to the Air Force Museum as well as other things. Maybe you and Mongo Ranger can drive out then.

Hope to meet you soon.

JJ :cool:

Hey, Just got back from the ECRM where I met some of your Texas Crew, trying to arrange that weekend off and make the trip up, also told Main One (yellow AV) about it he live 3 hours away in indiana but might be up for the trip just keep the thread going-Bubba

Just_Jeepin said:
Great... Look forward to meeting you Bubba. ?Who made the ECRM from TX? ?I know TexAVFan was going... anybody else?

JJ ?:cool:

Mission and wonder91178 were there. Yes, we are planning to come over at the end of July for this. The wife has a list of mods I must have complete by then. i hate it when that happens. >:D

bekind... Bring your Tahoe, we'd love to meet you! If you check my avatar and sig, I drive a Jeep. I am just in charge of modding the AV.

JJ

Welcome to Ohio! Texascwgrl
I think a Dayton chapter would be a great idea, count me in
But I work on Friday?s and Saturday?s I well help as much as I can.
Sunuva.

Sunuva,
HI...great to hear of your interest. I will be forming an email list of some GTG ideas and suggestions will always be welcome. I am looking forward to meeting you.
Melissa AKA Texascwgrl

Texascwgrl said:
Sunuva,
HI...great to hear of your interest. ?I will be forming an email list of some GTG ideas and suggestions will always be welcome. ?I am looking forward to meeting you.
Melissa AKA Texascwgrl

You Go Girl!! ?;D

Just_Jeepin said:
We are planning a GTG with the Texas chapters in Dayton around July 26. ?We will probably go to the Air Force Museum as well as other things.
JJ ?:cool:

Is this going to happen?

I want to come. :)

Well, don't forget your friend's from WV too! I know we plan on being there! My neighbor has family there and tells me it is only 3.5 hours from here! Just let us know the where and when!

Mrs Bubba :B:

Mrs Bubba,
Not to worry, we would not forget about our fellow AVers in WV. Looking forward to our future GTGs and cruises.
Texascwgrl

Well, went to dinner tonight with Spork and Karen and recruited a new member for the Dayton area.

Andre... we look forward to getting to know you and your family at the coming GTGs.

We will be moving into our house this weekend... so we will be able to focus on tagging and planning the July Texas chapters visit to the Air Force Museum.

JJ :cool:

Put us down as a "maybe" for a gtg on July 26. ?Thanks GoldBowTie for giving me the link to this thread ;). ?I had seen it before but I forgot about it. ?Plus I didn't even know that the date was right around our travel time.

I am enthusiastic about making this gtg and seeing some new people. ?I hope it will work.

Also, I am trying to get some interest in a gtg in Pittsburgh later that weekend if anyone is interested.

Well I don'tif you are ready, but another TEXAN is planning to invade the north. I have decided to try to give it a go in Kentucky. So in less than thirty days I will be headed up there. Get Ready!
HERE I COME!

MUSIKS

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE MYSELF I AM MRS. MUSIKS I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING THE FOLKS WHO ARE ABLE TO ATTEND AND WOULD LIKE TO TAKE PICTURES TO SHOW ACA/TEXAS AND MY FRIENDS.

THE ACA INVADING KENTUCKY

Back