• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Driving with window removed?

sjr32

Just curious if you can drive around with your back window out?  I don't want my truck to get fill with sand and crap, but would be nice to have it removed some days.
thanks
Steve in Ct

Me too, its 75 here so as soon as I leave work out it comes.

I do it all the time also..  I dont think much wind blows in from the back...

If I could push a button to lower it I would be much happier...

I have done it and I have had the covers off the back and midgate down too. Kind of fun. More road noise especially from my singing tires  :laugh: but it can be fun and it is a easy change to go back to quiet too. Guess that is one of the million reasons I love the AV

Had/have mine out today.  It's a BEAUTIFUL day.  I just love the versatility of this truck.  Windows down, sunroof open, back window out, Bose cranking, cruising down a country road with a lawn mower, a Saturn fender and one bed panel in the bed.  This truck just seems ready for everything.

Take out that rear window already!!!... :cool:

It was 85 degrees just north of NYC, took out the rear window, put the front windows down and cranked up the Metallica!!!
headbang.gif

I got home at 5pm and the wife said she had called for food, so loaded up the boys and headed out to pickup Chinese food...The kids love driving around with the rear window out. (y)

Sunroof open, all 4 down, back glass out is sweet  :cool:
It takes a minute to lean the back seats forward, almost no time if you leave them down.

I love taking the window out, and cruising around. Especially if the truck is shiny clean. 
Only gets to happen for a brief period though as we don't get that long a season of nice weather.

Howdy,
            It's pollen season down here so I usually don't do it until late summer early fall. It's probally the closest I'll ever get to owning a convertible.

Aussie Red said:
I have done it and I have had the covers off the back and midgate down too. Kind of fun.

This is my favorite  :love:  Yes I get leaves and such but I clean the truck every weekend anyways.  The weather is getting nice so I love to have the airflow. 

Downside....I live three blocks from the ocean so I worry about salt air getting into the truck so I have to reconvert at the end of day (I am always lazy at the end of the day  :()  I wish I had a remote  :D

I have a huge maple tree in my front yard, right now it is budding and dropping those little red rasberry like things, later it will do the helicopter seeds. The season is real short for me, if it ain't snow I have a trees shedding stuff on my truck.

I drive with the back window out quite a bit when the weather is warm.

When I am taking the clan on an extended outting, I take out the back window and remove the third bed cover, then put a cooler in the bed of the truck for easy access to cold beverages for the back seat passengers.  (y) :eek:

I've been an Avy admirer, since the beginning...  Research and happinstance 2 years ago ended with me 'settling' on a litely used GMC Envoy XUV with every option that I sought for my Avy fantasy...Nav, Bose, sunroof, heated leather, 5.3 V8 as well as their version of the midgate.  I am currently eyeing a used 07 Avy LTZ, but wonder now if I'll miss the XUV's electric window midgate feature...

I really like pushing a button and watching the midgate window disappear into the partition.  Another  couple of buttons pushed - easily lowers all the side and rear most windows, and then the sunroof.  Whether I retract the additional rear 30 inch sliding roof or not, my family and I really like the open air flowing thru the entire cabin.  I still prefer the Avy but wonder if I'll get use to 'popping' the Avy's window in and out???

I also wonder if the Avy will ever inherit the XUV's tailgate.  It can flop down just like the Avy or swing open like the Ridgeline - allowing me to more easily reach into the cargo area...

Oh well... Avy here I come!!! 

did it all the time in my green 02.  Afraid to lose my new car smell in my  04 SOM.  I never had the windows down in this one.  It still smells like a new car.

Bee Sting said:
Did it most of this week. All windows down , sunroof open , back window out. Gotta LOVE it!  :B:
I'm riding with YOU this Saturday!

Back