• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New England Chapter GTG Ideas Part 2

Can you go to a GTG without Headers??

Here's a chance to get a set of TOG long tube headers without welding.

I've got a set of headers that just came back from TOG with new ceramic coating, gaskets, and hardware. I had to replace my catalytic converter so I bought the Dynatech complete system. Now I'm selling a set of TOGs AND the stock "Y" pipe that has the header connections already welded in!

The cool part of having the "Y" pipe, besides not having to weld is; You can install the system yourself, headers and "Y" pipe will bolt in. The guts of the catalytic converters are gone. You can run it with wide open exhaust if you want or just run the open "y" pipe long enough to drive to a muffler shop and have them weld new header adapters to your stock "Y" pipe. I'm also including the new header adapters. The muffler shop will see how the adapters are welded to my "Y" pipe which will save them time trying to fit things up.

Shipping the 'Y" pipe would be a pain in the butt so I'm offering the setup to the new england chapter members, I could meet you in the Portsmouth NH area. You'll see what you are getting and not get ripped off.

I think this is a sweet deal at $500. Send me a PM if interested.

kw

The Big E gets my vote.

Hi all,
The Big E isn't untill mid September, we need something by then. Pawsox game sound good and could be a family thing.

Does not really matterwhat we do to me , if I'm available We'll be there.

RON

Camping anyone?

There is a camping ground here in my area that has a swimming area and snack bar, camp fires are permitted. We could also pick an evening to drive into town and eat at a very popular Drive-in diner.

Based on this thread and our past GTG ideas topic, their seems to be some interest in Purgatory Chasm.

Marc_w lives in the area and has posted a number of links.

Lets get a head count of members interested and pick a date.

Park Directions
Purgatory Chasm State Reservation is located in the south-eastern part of central Massachusetts.
From east or west: Take Mass Pike (Rte. I-90) to exit 10A, then Rte. 146 south to Purgatory Rd. Sutton. Follow signs.

Please post your availability and non- availability dates and times

My summer season has begun
so better day for me is Sunday's

June 8 ??>>>>>anyone
June 15?
Sunday June 22nd

I am down for june 8, June 15 is father's day, so I don't think that I can do that.

-James R. :cool:

I'm not available either of those days :cry:

I am available Sun. June 22, June 28 + 29, All of July.

My wife said that I have to throw in a vote for Newport R.I.

Lee, I also like the idea of King Richards Faire. We've been a few times, it's always fun!

-Mark

june 8th........well i might be hung over real bad but i think i could make it .i have wedding i have to go to ..and sorry no june 15 i will be in lonconia for bike week

Summer if it ever comes this year is to short, June 8th is cool with me.

Mark the faire, 2003 Dates: Weekends beginning Aug. 30 thru Oct. 19 - Including Labor Day and Columbus Day Mondays! We can plan this for late summer.

Have to check the dates, Newport has a Jazz Festival that might be fun.

Mark I think Newport is a great idea (y), I go every year for a couple of days just to get away from work ;D :cool:, usually in mid July. I wouldn't mind doing a GTG there, But I think we need to do one a little sooner, because july is 30+ days from now.

Also on a completely different topic; does anyone have the carriage works billet grille? I have been looking at the directions, and I am trying to figure out how I am supposed to put the brackets behind the grille. I think that I need to lift up the plastic plate that covers the radiator.
Any tips are appreciated! ;D
Thanks.

I will send out the bulk email again, to get members availablility>>>>>>>>
I would like to meet all members expectations, so I would project
JUNE 8 2003

I will not be available July 25-27 ///// Aztek Rally in Pa

James
I have the Carrige Works,> it just bolts right over the factory grille in 10 mins, using butterfly bolts

Hi all!

Memorial Day was such a bummer... :mad:

I can do June 8th, but June 15 (Father's Day), and June 21-22 is out...how about thr 8th or 29th???

I am in, as is my family as long as it is not 6-8 or 6-22. We ae very excited about meeting everyone.

There is a guy here, Roy, who bought an AV one week after I bought mine and he test drove it...he said he can be in too, June, 29...maybe June 8.

Let me know...this is great!

Bjorn
:eek:

I was going to say the 22nd would be fine, but I just had someone who was supposed to help me with a foundation this weekend reschedule for June 21-22. :8: Figures!!!!

The 8th is possible for me. The 15th is not as it is fathers day, I plan on being with my daughter that day.

It seems that most people are available on the 8th (y), and more & more are unavailable for the 21-22 dates. If we can get a GTG together in the week and a half that we have, even if it is just meeting at a state park, even though I think that everyone would love to go to a place that we can actually do something.
What is a fun thing to do that can be thrown together in the short time that we have ???.

I do like mark's idea about Newport, but I think that is a bit of a long haul for the Mainers. The Purgatory Chasm is a little more central.

I think James is right about the dates. I can't make it on the 8th but if thats a better day for everybody else then do it on the 8th. This time of year it's going to be hard to get a day where everybody can agree on. I will continue monitoring this thread and depending on what you guys end up doing I may be able to drive by or something ;D

-Mark

Back