• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New England Chapter GTG @ New England Dragway

Capecruis8der

SM 2003
The AutoZone Super Chevy Show is taking place at New England Dragway in Epping NH, on May 22-23-25 2003

The Boston/New England chapter of the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club will be attending as a non-judged/ non-racing group. We will be in the midst of many other car/truck clubs that are being voted on, as well as manufacturer's representing aftermarket accessories and most importanly DRAG RACING, top fuel, Jet Cars etc

The event is billed as a 3 day event, but as a group, we will probably attend on one day>> ?[ most likely Saturday] but you can attend as many days as you like

The entry fee, for a Auto/Truck group is
$45 per vehicle [includes driver] for 1-2-3 days
$25 PP/adult for 3 days as a guest ?>> or
$20 PP, per day as a guest
$ 10 kids 13-16 yrs old, per day
Free kids under 12

There is plenty of Hotels/Motels in the area, if you are staying overnite, as well as Hampton Beach, 20+ min up the road

If you are interested in attending, please post a reply in this thread, so we can get a head count!!
GTGNEDW1.jpg

I am thinking of coming up Friday night and staying overnite, mainly because I don't want to have a long drive in the early morning.
Also I may have a passenger with me, not sure right now.

James. :cool:

Epping is located in south east NH (Seacoast). Should be an easy drive for most NE Chapter members.

Epping_Map.jpg

Attachments

• Epping_Map.jpg
    Epping_Map.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 11
If forgot to mention, if we can get an accurate vehcile count by two weeks out and we Pre Pay
the fee would be $40 P/V and driver

Otherwise it is $45 at the Gate>>
this may be more realistic as sometimes vehicle and passenger count changes

A guest (my father) and I are definite. Possibly two guests.

Whatever you do, don't pronouce Exeter as "Eggzeter" to any New Hampshire'r. ;) Long story...

Marc what is wrong with saying eggzeter? ;D

James. :cool:

I am just joking with ya Mark, but I do like to ask things that people say not to ask.
I apologize for that.

-James R. :cool:

It doesn't really bother me, it's kind of a standing joke with my brother and I. He always says it. ;)

-Mark

:eek:
You guys are great! Thanks for creating another GTG. And a great one at that. I have always wanted to go up to N.E.Dragway, but never got any takers. I get their newsletter, so I will look for anything that might interest the Chapter.

I'm in for Saturday! (if this is the day of choice) being Memorial Day weekend I can sneek away on Sat. I would like to head up on Fri afternoon and do an overnight/party somewhere, if others are interested. Any suggestions for a "Official" AV GTG location?

I'm EGGZETER bound....LOL
Russ...

I will be there with 3 guests coming up on Saturday morning.

How about using the rest area we used for the 1st GTG as a meeting place then traveling to the track as a group?

Mike

I will be going up on Fri as well,
Probably staying at Hampton Beach

This is a great place to go if you have guests that are not interested in going to the dragway [Ron] Just leave them at Hampton for the day

Plenty of things to do >> clubs, restaraunts, arcades, shops and THE BEACH ;D

Could be a good meet point as well

:)

Good idea Rich.

Do you think we will have a problem getting a hotel/motel/rooms since it is the holiday weekend? I haven't been up there in years, but I do remember the weekend being a lot of fun and always booked early.

Russ..

Hey Rich, where are you planning on staying when you go up Friday Night?

And if I end up going up Saturday Morning; Mike are you referring to the rest area right before the MA/NH border.
Thanks.
James R. :cool:

Yes, I am sure pre booking will be the way to go

I like to stay right on the strip overlooking the road and people >>> very expensive though, but worth it ?;D

There are probably 30-50 hotel motels in a small area

The ones we usually try stay at >>
right on the boardwalk/ Ocean Blvd

Ashworth By-the-Sea ?800 345 6736
prob ?$120-180 nite
KentVille Motel
Pelham Hotel 800 677 7730
Moulton Hotel
Beach View Inn 603 926 2520
The Hill Crest Hotel ? ?603 926 5645

The ones not on the Ocean Blvd are alot cheaper

Hampton Falls Inn ? 603 926 9545
[10 mins up the road]
Or the back side of the Main St
Tides Motel
Margarite motel
Royal Hampton

www.hamptonbeach.org

http://www.hamptonbeach.org/showlink.cfm?kindoflink=HandM

So who's running their truck? ;)

My ex-girlfriend lives in Seabrook. ?She has a friend in Exeter... they used to give me SO MUCH crap because I said Exeter wrong. ?"Do you see any G's in Exeter?!" ?;D

Oh yeah, that was the condensed version. :rolleyes: ;)

Hi Guys....
Worked for 3 hours cleaning the baby yesterday and it looks sweet. I'm getting excited about the GTG and was surfing around a bit. It is my understanding that Sat starts early :cautious: (7:00am gates open). And the day ends at 6:00 pm sharp.

Has anyone made definate lodging plans yet? According to Rich, lodging looks pretty expesive :cry: As far as pre-pay for the show, are we going to try and do it? (time is short)

I'm in for the banner $$$, can't wait to see it!

EGGZETER bound...
AHOY

Hello all, just wanted to let everyone know I called around and rooms are going fast. ?Booked a room at Pelham Hotel. It was $110 a night water side, (3 night stay required on the water side) queen size bed. 3 night stay was ok with me as I intend to see an old shipmate of mine while in the area.

They had rooms as low as $85. ?

Oh Yeah I am in for the banner also. ;D

I have a problem with the black flies that are out this time of the year. I know that they are usually pretty bad esp. in New England, but my problem I think is unique. For some reason, whenever it is above 50 degrees and sunny, there is a swarm of black flies all around my AV. It is completely driving me nuts! :8: I can't even get into my truck without half of them coming over to me and swarming over me. There are even some bigger ones that sit on my hood.
Does anyone have an idea on how to handle this problem. ???

Thanks, James.

My understanding is that we will be meeting the 24th. Does anyone know of a time yet?

Back