• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Battle Ship Cove GTG 04/06/03 Pics

PhantomFloater

SM 2003
On a sunny cold windy day the New England Chapter of the CAFCNA had 15 AV's show up for a GTG at Battleship Cove, Fall River, Ma.

22936291.jpg

22934551.jpg

22934575.jpg

22934603.jpg

22934596.jpg

22934585.jpg

22934590.jpg

22934580.jpg

Thanks to all for coming down :)
Hope you all made it back safely, I seen the convoy getting smaller as we progressed home

Lee, thanks again for doing the ID cards, and keeping tract of the members [and my Pic ;D }

Have any ideas for the next GTG, feel free to post them
Rich/Beck/Curt/KY

Hi Rich&Beck and Lee

We enjoyed the pics....Wish we could have been there..Right now we are toasty warm in FL, but New England is the best!!!
Jim&Linda (CapeCodBlue) ;)

AHHH!!! New England GTG? How did I miss this one.

Ugh, if I had been paying attention I would have been there too.

Looks like it was fun!

David

Well I would like to thank you all who helped put this trip together, it was a blast. It was very cool to see those massive ships and see what life was like on them. I will put my pics up tommorow as I have too much damn home work :8:

Alex

Thanks to everyone for putting this GTG together. It was a great time and made me love my AV even more, by seeing how much more I can do to it. Thanks also to those who helped me out by answering all of my questions. You can deffinetly count me in on the next GTG.

Josh

Thanks Rich, Beck and Lee for putting this GTG together. I had a great time. It was my first time that I have ever seen a battleship, and I plan on putting up some of my pics when I get a chance.
Thanks again. (y)

James R. :cool:

Thanks to everybody involved in making this GTG happen, and thanks to Lee for the name tags. My son, my wife and I all had a great day. Unfortunately the pics I took at the restaurant did not come out too good. The angle of the sun combined with my cheap camera did not make good pics :cautious: Oh well, I will post what I do have on my website as soon as I get a chance.

It was great getting to see everybody who I met the first time and meeting people who I missed the second time.

Maybe next time we will have the nice weather for 2 days and I can have a clean Av for once :rolleyes:

Now lets plan another one :)

-Mark

THANKS Rich, Beck and LEE for the great time again. ;D It was great to see the 15 AV's :cool: but I was really hopeing to break the record of 16 that we had last time. :( Maybe next time, the weather will be alot better than. (y)

I will post pics as soon as I can download them. Hopefully tonight after work if I am not out there snow blowing all night. :8:

THANKS,
RON

Thanks to everyone who helped coordinate the GTG. It was great to see the ships and put faces to the names on the board. :)

Only drawback is seeing some mods in person that I want...... Great...more $$$$... :6:

"Thank you", Lee, Rich, and Becky, for another successful GTG.

Lee - The pictures came out great. Thanks....

Looking forward to the next one. Couple suggestions - warmer weather :8:, amusement park(Canobie Lake), Mohegan Sun, Mystic CT, or a camping trip.

Russ....

Hi Alex,

It was pretty cool running up into town. I noticed people staring and pointing at us :eek: as we cruised by them.

Russ...

Thank you Rich, Becky, Lee, and everyone. :) Another great GTG. I'm still in awe with some of the things I saw.

I'm dropping my pictures off today (yeah, I'm old-school). I should have some online by the weekend.

Nice pic's Alex, I like the port hole one. Hope your feeling better.

Here's one more.

BattleShips18.jpg

Attachments

• BattleShips18.jpg
    BattleShips18.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 6
Wish I could have been there........ :cry:

Took my AV to the dealer on monday, they fixed the axle
seal leak and said they couldn't duplicate noise(big surprise huh?) so I went down and took the shop foreman for a ride and he heard it and said he wanted it back in asap, bad bearings. Told him I was suppose to go on a trip on sunday but cancelled becuase of the noise, he was glad I did. Took it back in this morning and picked it up late this afternoon, no more noise, replace differential carrier bearings. He also mentioned a bulletin about switching over to synthetic in the front
for vehicles in cold climates (which we had here this year) because the bearings were not getting enough lube when cold.

Here's my PICS ;D but only one at a time! :(

15_AVs.JPG

Attachments

• 15_AVs.JPG
    15_AVs.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 4
Another pic

15_Battle_AVs.JPG

Attachments

• 15_Battle_AVs.JPG
    15_Battle_AVs.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 4
And Another

Battle_AV_2.JPG

Attachments

• Battle_AV_2.JPG
    Battle_AV_2.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 4
This is my daughter Brittney, :love: :love: she asked "Which way is IRAQ daddy" ;D
Britt_where_is_IRAQ.JPG

A couple more tomorrow

RON​

Attachments

• Britt_where_is_IRAQ.JPG
    Britt_where_is_IRAQ.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 4
Here's comes a few more!! ;D

Bed_Time.JPG

Attachments

• Bed_Time.JPG
    Bed_Time.JPG