• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Water Management System

MynticeLX

Anyone have a working diagram of the TSB 01-08-66-006A (Water Management System). I searched and it came up with Sperry's post, but the diagram was no longer there.

I've got water under my bedliner and want to clean out all of the drains..

Water under bed mat is normal

As ygmn has stated, water under the bed mat is normal.

Just make sure you remove the mat about once a year (or more if you want) to clean, wax, and make sure the drains are clear.

Nothing causes rust/rot quicker than moisture rich dust and dirt.

It holds onto the moisture in the cracks & crevasses and starts the cancer.

I understand that it is normal, but it shouldn't be pooling like it was today and POURING into my interior of my truck when my midgate is done. This is a sure sign of not fully draining. I just need to know where the drains are to be able to clean them. Looking for that diagram that Sperry once posted around here somewhere...... :help:

Also, anyone know the part number for the midgate seal? I may order another one of the those too.

4 Drains...

can see them with mat in as they are on the side 2 in front 2 about 12" from tailgate.

they have a flapper valve thingy to keep dust out and let water drain

ygmn said:
4 Drains...

can see them with mat in as they are on the side 2 in front 2 about 12" from tailgate.

they have a flapper valve thingy to keep dust out and let water drain

Exactly as ygmn has written.

And I didn't know it was pouring into the passenger compartment.

That is a sure sign that the drains by the mid-gate are clogged.

Just lift the rubber mat and you can remove the bolts that hold the spring loaded flap (between the mid-gate & bed) in.

It will make it easier for you to clean the drains.

HAHA - you would think that the Spring loaded cover would still be bolted - I broke that ages ago. Can't really find a way to fix it back either :-?

MynticeLX said:
HAHA - you would think that the Spring loaded cover would still be bolted - I broke that ages ago. Can't really find a way to fix it back either :-?

WoW !!!  Already ?

I would have thought they would have made it better with the 07's & up.

They are made of fiberglass and plastic.

They break by the fiberglass part where the bolts go through.

GM puts pads on them so they slip when the mid-gate is opened.

But the pad is nothing more than 3m two sided foam tape.

The tape comes off and the sticky part clings to the mid-gate.

Then when you open the gate it rips the fiberglass from the bolts.

I spray a little Armoral (or any similiar product) on the area where the pads sit, so the adhesive won't stick to the gate.

If you're under warranty GM will replace it for you.  At least mine was...

They were happy to.  I installed it and they got paid to do the job.  They just asked that I return the old/broken  one.

MynticeLX said:
Anyone have a working diagram of the TSB 01-08-66-006A (Water Management System). I searched and it came up with Sperry's post, but the diagram was no longer there.

I've got water under my bedliner and want to clean out all of the drains..

I will fix the thread when I get home from work.

MynticeLX said:
That's it. Working great now. Maybe it was my connection at work  :E: ... thanks!

I fixed the pics.... just wanted to be sure I fixed the ones you were looking at.

ItsStopher said:

FYI.  I clicked this link.  It crashed my OS (XXX sites kept popping up).  Hope this doens't happen to anyone else.

Thanks for the info everyone has given on this.  I have had a huge issue with water in the truck bed (03 AV).  I finally cleaned them out.  We had a big rain today.  It helped, but now I have a few cracks on the gutter system.  Found a thread on it.  Great site.

Biff said:
FYI.  I clicked this link.  It crashed my OS (XXX sites kept popping up).  Hope this doens't happen to anyone else.

Thanks for the info everyone has given on this.  I have had a huge issue with water in the truck bed (03 AV).  I finally cleaned them out.  We had a big rain today.  It helped, but now I have a few cracks on the gutter system.  Found a thread on it.  Great site.

Received your reported post, and in simple terms, you couldn't be more wrong.

No link here is spawning XXX sites, no link here forced you to crash your OS, format, wipe everything out and lose a week's worth of work as you attempt to claim.

Just checked it again.  No issues this time  :E:.  But last night after clicking on the link (the only webpage I had open) it did take me to the site as shown.  Not sure what happened.  Sorry for the false alarm and accusation.  Must have been something else  ???.  Oh well, tech support is taking care of the issue and should have it back up tomorrow.

Biff said:
Just checked it again.  No issues this time  :E:.  But last night after clicking on the link (the only webpage I had open) it did take me to the site as shown.  Not sure what happened.  Sorry for the false alarm and accusation.  Must have been something else  ???.  Oh well, tech support is taking care of the issue and should have it back up tomorrow.
maybe you need to run spyware or adware type software on your computer ... as you may have something hidden within system

For starters, I have an 07 Avalanche. 

Hello all, I have a question regarding the rubber/plastic rails that sit right under the 3 bed panels (on each side).  I believe this is to allow any water that gets through the panels to filter to the rear where it drains out the tailgate area.  My problem is both plastic rails (one on each side) are ripped and therefore water is getting into my bed.  Does anyone know if you can order the part or even what the part is called?  I asked the dealer and they said they would check on it but of course I never heard back. 

I will try and get a pic to attach so you can see which part I'm speaking of.  Its basically a plastic/rubber strip that has a lip that curves upward but mine has been ripped by the previous owner.  Any ideas?

-SC

called gutter....

try junk yard

My bed panels on my '06 are leaking worse than ever now.  I've tried a few tricks, but I think the fact that #2 panel is warped low in the center is the main problem.  I also always lock the driver's side clamps first. When you lock these,  should the action actually pull the panels down or move them in to position in any way?  My locks don't seem to do anything at all.  The action is smooth, but only seem to be holding the panels in place.

What help do the warranty repairs offer?  I still have a couple of months left on factory warranty.

Thanks.
Tom

TomKat, not exactly the same thing as my gutters which were torn but I did take it to my local GM dealer and since it was still under manuf warranty they approved to order new ones.  The dealer told me that GM is very hesitant to replace things if you say its "broken" so he put it down as water leaking, which is exactly what you have.  So long winded answer is I would def try the dealer to see if you can have them replaced under warranty.  Good luck.

TomKatOhio said:
My bed panels on my '06 are leaking worse than ever now.  I've tried a few tricks, but I think the fact that #2 panel is warped low in the center is the main problem.  I also always lock the driver's side clamps first. When you lock these,  should the action actually pull the panels down or move them in to position in any way?  My locks don't seem to do anything at all.  The action is smooth, but only seem to be holding the panels in place.

What help do the warranty repairs offer?  I still have a couple of months left on factory warranty.

Thanks.
Tom

I adjusted the latches on all 3 panels so that all panels are positioned as far forward as the latch "slop" allows. That then left a poor seal at the tailgate to panel 3 junction. So I created a new black silicon seal on the upper lip of the tailgate using a big tube of silicon II sealant - the tube that fits in a caulk gun. I created a "mold" to contain the sealant while it cured. The "mold was 2 strips of wooden window screen molding held in place with clamps.

Back