• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Visiting New Mexico

azcavfandt

SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
We may be visiting New Mexico in a couple of weeks. We were trying for the utah/colorado gtg but can't make it that far for a short weekend. So, we are now looking at maybe the grants / el morro area. It is about 1/2 the distance. We would like to check out the ice cave and some of the other tourist spots in that area.

We cannot leave until friday night. We will probably stay in northern az for the first night and the el morro area the next two nights. We are leaning towards taking the toyhauler vs a hotel so we can take the dogs easier. We were looking at possibly staying at the el morro rv park. 

We are waiting on ghostwheel to confirm getting monday off from work to finalize the trip. If he cannot get monday off, we will have to postpone going and spend the weekend somewhere in arizona.

But if we do end up going to new mexico and there is anybody in the area free sat(17th) or sun(18th) night, we would like to meet up with you to say hello.

az-spoiled-wife & ghostwheel

Ghostwheel got monday off from work and also rented a motorhome for the weekend. It will be a weekend test drive since we want to buy one in the future. So, we will be avless. Made reservation for 2 nights at the el morro rv park.

If anybody is out in that area and wants to get together, let us know and we can make arrangements.

Sounds like your knocking on Tazmans back door as we live in Grants, which is only around 40 miles to el morro.  Are you talking about this month?  If so I will be off that weekend i believe, my son is making his first holy communion that weekend  So maybe we can take a short ride up that way as I love that drive, and meet up with you all for the day or so.  I'll keep you posted and let me know as we get closer I will PM you with my Cell to get in touch when you all get settled in at the RV park.

Taz, I got your reply and email. Thanks for responding.

Yes it will be next weekend. We can either meet in grants or el morro, it doesn't matter. We will definitely keep you informed.

We have been wanting to visit this area for a long time and it is nice to finally be able to get a chance. We are looking forward to the weekend get away.

Everything is still on schedule. We pick up the mh this afternoon. We are very excited to get away for the weekend. It will be much cooler then here in the valley. We are suppose to hit the big triple digits 100 this weekend. So 70-80 degrees in your area will be good.

We got home safely around 2pm yesterday. We had such a great trip to new mexico. We saw el morro nm, bandera crater & ice cave, junction cave in the el calderon area, sandstone bluffs & la ventana natural arch in the el malpais nm area. We had a good dinner saturday night with tazman and his wife at the kiva cafe. It was nice to see you guys again. Looking forward to seeing you in az next month.

It was nice to be able to test a rv motorhome for the weekend. The dogs did really good on this trip after they got used to the different travel sounds. This weekend confirmed that we would like to get one in the future. But we think we might want to go direct to a class a instead of starting out with a class c. 

We would like to go back to new mexico sometime to visit the roswell and carlsbad area. We could not do that this weekend because it was a farther distance then we had time for.

We took 300+ pics and will post a link to them as soon as we get a chance to download them.

Glad to hear you made it back safe, and that you had a great visit.  Yes it was nice to have dinner and meet up.  I'm happy you got to enjoy some of the great sites our area has to offer, it's usually greener but with all the drought, that's just hard to achieve.  Anyways hope to meet up next month, as I mentioned we are still waiting on the final plans so as soon as this happens I will post on the AZ board so until next time.  :love: :B: (y)

Tazman

ok tazman, we will look forward to your update on your az trip.

Here is a link to the pics we took (34:cool: of az, nm & of course we cannot forget our furkids.  :D

http://www.et-industries.com/newmexico/

You have some great pics of your trip, and looks the the dogs had a great time as well.  Thanks for sharing, see you next month

Yeah, the dogs had a blast running around the sandstone bluffs area. Eric's dog must have been a billy goat in his previous life the way he climbed up and over all the rocks.

Back