• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

N.E. Chapter GTG - Feb. 9, 2003-PICS Start A Pg 16

Capecruis8der

SM 2003
UPDATE---
Meet/MOD/Cruise planned on
Sunday Feb 9 2003
Meet location RT 28 East Falmouth/CapeCod
Please read complete thread

I see some new members popping up in our area--

If you Interested in getting something going-
please post here
MA -CT-RI-NH-VT-ME--ENY all are welcome
this month or next?
Sat or Sun a better day?

The last cruise was FUN!!
Know matter how much you know + mod- you always learn something

AV a Nice Day

Count me in, we need suggestions for something to do. Anyone know of a Winter Festival that we could cruse into for the day?

Also if you have not done so yet, sign up in the meetings section. Their are two chapters listed, I guess just sign up with the closest one, both of them include New England.

Now I don't want to speak for Tim (tymcneal) our area coordinator. His last post was Sept 29th. and I heard form another member that he may not want to continue as coordinator. We need to check with him, but the job may be open, anyone interested?

What ever we do, we should include a memorial for Goo.

--Lee

Idea #1
As much as I want to get the hell off the Cape

If you guys and gals wanted to cruise down here,
I have a small welding shop, so we could meet and greet here, that way weather wouldn't be an issue--
We can even talk/perform some mods if needed

Then maybe a cruise? bite to eat?

Or maybe a ski lodge, where kids can sled? I don't ski
Ice skating ? [ with lots of alcohol] -?Bonfire?

I'm open for sugestions
Rich

Cool... I've been thinking about something like this for a while...

There isn't a whole lot going on around here, this time of the year is there? There are some micro-brew days at some local mountains, but those places are typically mad-houses on the weekends.

The Cape is always a nice place to visit. This time of the year it should be nice and quiet with little traffic.

Forgot:

I'm pretty open to dates / days.

Saturdays may be a little better for me, but I really don't mind either day.

Hey everybody.

Sounds good to me, with enough notice I should be able to get either day free so that doesn't matter much to me.

As is my problem when thinking about a winter cruise.... what to do? I guess as long as we are cruising it doesn't matter what we do right!

Count me in and let me know if I can be of any assistance setting things up.

Mark

If the Cape becomes the destination my wife and I could put together a poker run. We design and run rallies for a Corvette Club down here and it would be easy to whip this together. Would take everyone to some nice spots here on the Cape too!
Bob

I just found out that I am not available on the 18'th of January. Any other day should be good for me.

Mark

Hi Fellow New England AVers...

Happy New Year!

A cruise sounds great! Especialy the poker run. I have done this on my boat and it always end up being a great time. Unfortunately I am booked up except for the 02/02+08+09/2003 dates. So if it happens on one of those days, I'm in!

Leaving for FLA Friday morning :cool: with the AV until 1/29/03, and busy with the Coast Guard the other weekends.

CapeCruis8der - Thanks for the email. Hope all is well.

Keep Moding...
Russ-AHOY

Hey I have an idea.

If we want to honor goo maybe we should include a Hooters? There is one in Nashua, NH. Manchester, NH. and Boston, Ma.

I've never been to one but I'm not at all opposed to going >:D

Just an idea.

BTW... What is a poker run? :rolleyes:

-Mark

Good News...they are opening a New Hooters in Hyannis. Don't know the exact date but will search it out.
What's a Poker Run?
You get a set of directions that you follow. They take you to 4 different locations. You pick (without peeking) a card from a deck of cards at each location. When you return to, lets say Hooters, you get a 5th and final card. With those 5 cards you make the best poker hand you can. Best hand wins!!! Kinda fun.
Bob

NH-Mark, better yet, isn't there a topless donut place off the southern part of the Maine turnpike?? ;)

We could have breakfast there... Lunch at Hooters...

;) ;D ;)

marc_w said:
NH-Mark, better yet, isn't there a topless donut place off the southern part of the Maine turnpike?? ;)

We could have breakfast there... Lunch at Hooters...

;) ;D ;)

If there is then I don't know about it. Somebody please tell about this!!!! LOL

-Mark

I just realized... if I go, that means I should probably wash the truck, huh? ;D It hasn't been clean since the end of November. :rolleyes: If it wasn't for the seals around the doors, I'd forget what color it is.

One thing I forgot to consider - I've got to have my wisdom teeth knocked out one of these weeks. I should know when, on Friday. :-X :cautious: That might put me out of commission for a weekend. I'll see what I can do though. I'm pretty stubborn.

For some reason, I want to say it's off exit 4... ?I'm not 100% sure though. ?I can ask around if you're serious! ;D

Hi Guys,

Couple items...

1. Don't know of THAT donut shop...willing to learn...
2. My poker runs were five locations - each location you get a sealed envelope with a card, at the final location (Hooters?) you get your final envelope/card. Then one at a time each player gets up and opens their envelopes - the best hand gets the pool ($25-$50 each player)
3. Extra $ in GOO's memory on behalf of the NE AVers.
4. The owner of the Boston/Hyannis Hooters is a freind. Can look into getting some EXTRAS thrown our way...

Just my $.2

Russ - AHOY

Hi everybody,

Jan. to mid Feb. would be best for me after that I'm working weekends until mid Mar.

Mike

AHOY said:
Hi Guys,

Couple items...

1. Don't know of THAT donut shop...willing to learn...
2. My poker runs were five locations - each location you get a sealed envelope with a card, at the final location (Hooters?) you get your final envelope/card. ?Then one at a time each player gets up and opens their envelopes - the best hand gets the pool ($25-$50 each player)
3. Extra $ in GOO's memory on behalf of the NE AVers. ?
4. The owner of the Boston/Hyannis Hooters is a freind. ?Can look into getting some EXTRAS thrown our way...

Just my $.2

Russ - AHOY ?

Based on the above comment about Hooters I think we should at least make that a definate stop in our GTG, what do you guys think?

If we are going to meet in Boston then does anybody know of something good to do there?

-Mark

Hi everyone

A GTG sounds great to us. We have a family wedding this month so we won't be available until February...The entire month of February we are wide open!

CapeCruisader and Cape Cod Bob, we would be happy to help out if it takes place down here.

Jim&Linda

Given the recent post's
I'll put a tenitive date of Feb 2 or Feb 8/9 ?

Location yet to be determined
is weather an issue for anyone?
Rich

Back