• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mass/NH White Mtns. Cruise Sept. 28

nh_mark

SM 2003
This is a carry over from the original thread http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cgi/forum/YaBB.pl?board=cruise;action=display;num=1013390965

I thought this was better named and maybe we could get more interest in the cruise.

Ok, So far the confirmed people are as follows:

02_2500avalanche 4 people
PhantomFloater 1 person
tymcneal 1 person
Capecruis8der 4 people
ahoy 1 people
nh_mark 4 people

The following people have posted in the original post but have not confirmed if they are going:

GKAvalanche
mike56BA
james21
DonHileman
Tribal
vf454

If any of you are reading this and you are going or you think you might be going please post here.

We should decide on what we are going to be doing for food in case we have to make reservations or at least call ahead. There were a couple of ideas, one was bring a picnic lunch and eat somewhere around Lake Ossipee, another was to eat lunch in or around Ossipee. Then there was dinner in Lincoln.

Personally I do not think I will be able to hang around for dinner in Lincoln since I am going to have a baby sitter from 8:30 AM so I should probably try to get home before 8 or 9 PM.

-Mark

good thinking. also where are we first gathering then traveling to the white mountains from? i just wanna make sure i got all the facts and try to help some other people get squared away on the details. thanks

Alex

From the prior thread...

tymcneal said:
It seems like the 28th is a winner. Time to get formal with it, I'd say.

To summarize, we're looking at Saturday, September 28, for the First Annual Avalanches in the White Mountains run. Route is north on NH Route 16 to Conway, across the Kancamangus Highway to Lincoln, ending with the I-93 drive to our various homes.

We'll meet at the New Hampshire Visitor's Center on I-95, just across the border from Massachusetts. Gathering time at 9:00 AM, looking to depart from there between 9:30 - 10:00 AM, after some meeting and greeting time. In the event of rain, we'll get wet.

How's that sound?

I think that is still the plan.

-Mark

Hey Mark, I might be able to join the ride too. I am from Hanover. There are a number of AV owners in our area and I will be doing my best to let them know about the White Mtn cruise/ride.

Is there a brochure, pdf file or Word file that I can download or print that has all the details of the ride? So far, I know that it is on 9/28, meeting at the first NH exit on i93 northboud at 9am. Correct? Not 100% sure of the route and meal arrangements. Picnic lunch and dinner out?

Chris.

mi99amigo said:
Hey Mark, I might be able to join the ride too. ?I am from Hanover. ?There are a number of AV owners in our area and I will be doing my best to let them know about the White Mtn cruise/ride. ?

Is there a brochure, pdf file or Word file that I can download or print that has all the details of the ride? ?So far, I know that it is on 9/28, meeting at the first NH exit on i93 northboud at 9am. ?Correct? ?Not 100% sure of the route and meal arrangements. ?Picnic lunch and dinner out?

Chris.

Chris,

It would be great if you could join us and even better if you could bring others ?:D

I believe we have agreed on the following suggestion:

tymcneal said:
An alternate suggestion: ?if y'all want to go to the mountains, I'd suggest meeting at the New Hampshire rest stop on I-95. With a 9:00 meeting time, probable 9:30/10:00 departure, heading up route 16 will get us into Conway in time for lunch. Taking a leisurely ride across the Kancamangus Highway, with stops along the way, should get us into Lincoln around dinner time, leaving the straight shot down I-93 available for the return trip home with no backtracking. Unless you had something else in mind?

The only thing missing here is that it was also agreed that this would be rain or shine, but of course if somebody doesn't want to go if it's raining then they don't have to ;D

The only thing that we have not really agreed on is eating lunch and dinner.

-Mark

Cool, we're at 8 Av's and ~16 people. Not quite Goo-numbers, but respectable for a first outing.

It being just under three weeks away though we really need to settle the lunch arrangements so as not to freak out any restauranteers, so...

Picnic or Restaurant?

I'm a restaurant kind of guy myself so count my vote for that, but I can adapt.

Tribal said:
nh_mark, ?Goning to have to skip this one, no truck yet, hopefully soon! Catch the next trip.

Cool,

Can't wait for you tio join us. We will have to try for a summer cruise next year :D

-Mark

I also vote for a restaurant. And I don't really care which one it is either.

If we leave the rest area at 10:00 then we will probably want to eat before going over to Lincoln.

-Mark

Tribal, Your still welcome to come, some of us are traveling solo and would welcome someone to ride shotgun. It would be nice to meet all the New England members face to face.

Phantom said:
Tribal, Your still welcome to come, some of us are traveling solo and would welcome someone to ride shotgun. It would be nice to meet all the New England members face to face.

Great Idea (y)

-Mark

Phantom said:
Thanks for the offer PhantomFloater, unfortunately, I also have to go to a wedding at Lake Winipasowkee (NO clue if I spelled that right) I would much rather go on the run, truck or no truck. Wife wouldn't be to happy if I did though.

Do you have room for 1 more Av and 2 more poeple? We live outside the Mass/NH area but a day road trip to the White Mtns would be a nice way to spend a Saturday.

RI Z-71 said:
Do you have room for 1 more Av and 2 more poeple? We live outside the Mass/NH area but a day road trip to the White Mtns would be a nice way to spend a Saturday.

The more, the merrier. Restaurant or picnic? :)

I'm for the resturant :) We may want to think of hitting one in No Conway for Lunch before doing the Kang. We could always pull over at some scenic spots to have a cold one >:Dand compare AVs:eek: I'm even giving up a Sox game >:D for this meet...(no great loss...) As for where to eat...I not that familiar with downtown No Conway...sorry...

Als, my count has changed due to interest
1 AV - 4 passengers

God Bless America.......

RI Z-71 said:

Cool (y)

-Mark

AHOY said:
I'm for the resturant :) ?We may want to think of hitting one in No Conway for Lunch before doing the Kang. ?We could always pull over at some scenic spots to have a cold one >:Dand compare AVs:eek: ?I'm even giving up a Sox game >:D for this meet...(no great loss...) ?As for where to eat...I not that familiar with downtown No Conway...sorry...

Als, my count has changed due to interest
1 AV - 4 passengers

God Bless America.......

I agree with the North Conway idea. There are alot of places to eat up there but I'm not sure whats good.

I do know that it will probably take us an hour to get from the Kanc. to the restaraunt doing about 2 mph. :8:

-Mark

Well, if we're going all the way to North Conway for lunch, then I suggest the 1785 Inn Restaurant. It's inside of a house built in the late 1700's. Pretty good food and a cozy atmosphere, but they're definitely gonna need to know that twenty or so people are descending on them at once.

Back