• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Any Ava Owners In Mass?

You could always be the Boston metro area cruise coordinator!

Hey Alex - actually is pretty darn easy.

• You need to set a date of the meet. I've been suggesting May to July. This gives enough time for people to set it up and plan, while not interfering with vacation schedules.
  • You need to set a route and plan it out. I can help with you here. Fortunately I lived 23 years in Masschusetts and know some great roads in Central Mass and New Hampshire to cruise along. Then there is the coast, and if you did it pre-Memorial Day you could do the Cape without the traffic! LOTS of opportunity. If you wanted to do some light off-roading (translation - dirt road that a 2WD can handle with NO PROBLEM) that's cool to. A good coordinator will drive the route before and find an interesting spot. You should also scout out a good gas station on the way for fill ups and plan for a park to meet at to have a picnic and good times.
  • You need to serve as the point of contact for the folks interested. I can totally help you here. I've already set up a Boston area cruise page and have some registrations. You need to be letting people know via e-mail the who/what/where/when/why and of course pumping them for help which leads to point four.
  • Contact area Chevrolet and Cadillac dealerships to try and drum up support. This is probaby the hardest part - but again something I can help with. I can provide you with materials (I'm working on them) to send to dealers either directly, by mail, or even e-mail. The main thing is getting the word out. You could also try auto parts stores and 4WD specialty shops. Being strictly for fun and totally non-profit most will let you put a sign up and spread the word.

Well - let me know if you want the job - it's still open!

Here is the Boston area meet/cruise page:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cruise/boston.html

ya, ill do it. has anyone signed up for it yet? and do you know where north reading is? thats where i live. i want to set up a meetings in the surrounding areas. i want to make this fun for everyone. so if you have any ideas on what to do let me know. if you want to email me my address is chevellels6454@yahoo.com thanks. Alex

02_2500avalanche,

Not Mass, but Southern NH salem to be exact. That sounds good let me know. maybe we can do the white mountains?

GKAvalanche

yea the white mountains would be awesome. we really need a club around here. we should try to get something together because im only about 20 min. away from you. btw, what version of the avalanche do you have? thanks. Alex

02_2500avalanche,

I have a 1500 4x4 with sunroof, roof rack and the soft top for the back. The color is pewter. I love it

Hey 02_2500avalanche,
I live just south of boston in Norton, MA. I'm about 1hr from you. I've been waiting for someone to start a club in this area! :cool:

Let me know when you guys want to have a metting, I'll be in the boston area, early to middle august and then after labor day I'll be there year round, so let's set a date!

I'm interested. Cruising to the mountains would be cool. I'll be doing that with my family in 2 weeks for vacation. I'd love to get a sitter and go with just the wife for a change!

-Mark

If we are going to the White Mountains then a good place to meet might be the rest area at exit 1 on route 93.

Then we can just jump on 93 and head north.

-Mark

I'm down with that, just give me directions from the mass pike and I'll join ya!

An alternate suggestion: if y'all want to go to the mountains, I'd suggest meeting at the New Hampshire rest stop on I-95. With a 9:00 meeting time, probable 9:30/10:00 departure, heading up route 16 will get us into Conway in time for lunch. Taking a leisurely ride across the Kancamangus Highway, with stops along the way, should get us into Lincoln around dinner time, leaving the straight shot down I-93 available for the return trip home with no backtracking. Unless you had something else in mind?

Back