• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Region V Wild West 2008 Friday Night Meet-N-Greet BBQ Dinner!

chavey

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
Okay, went last night and priced all the food for Friday's Dinner!  YYYUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY!! !! !! !!

Baring any major issues, here's the menu for Friday Nights Meet-N-Greet BBQ Dinner.
  • BBQ Baby Back Pork Ribs
  • BBQ Chicken Breast
  • Hot Dogs (for the kids - or adults if you really want them)
  • Baked Beans w/Pineapple
  • ColeSlaw w/Apple and Pineapple
  • Dinner Rolls
  • Sodas & Water (Sorry, this is BYOB!)
  • Various Fruit Pies and/or Cobblers
  • Oreo Cookies

(Please note: Subject to change.  Stuff happens.)

If you have any special dietary needs, just PM me and we'll work it out.

If you're going to be arriving later, no worries - we'll save a plate for you!  (maybe)

Okay, does THIS get you interested in coming?!?!?!?

Yummy and man at first I thought I was coming in too late and going to miss this one.
Where is the coffee ?  :laugh: It is cold in your neck of the woods to me at least  :laugh:

You have done a great job putting this together and a big thanks going out your way and to all who have worked so hard to make it happen

Makes me want to leave now to get there for all the good times and good food  (y)

Cant wait, only 22 days  :woohoo:

Glen

Oh, and on that BYOB part:

For those that don't know, we have "State Run" liqour stores here - VERY EXPENSIVE.  Even though we don't have sales tax, we still pay about 20% more than neighboring states.  As you come up, you'll see all kinds of signs for "last liqour store before Oregon", etc.  If you want something, you should probably bring it with you.

Beer/Wine can be got at the grocery store for decent $.  We've got some really good Microbrews around too - I can't remember the last time I drank a regular Bud/Miller/Coors.  I personnally go for the ambers or stouts - like Drop Top, Fat Tire, Arrogant Bastard, etc.

chAVey said:
If you want something, you should probably bring it with you.

Great oppurtunity to clear out the crap in the saddle bags and fill them with brew for the drive down.  YOu can fit at least 24 beers in each side, not that I would know or anything.  That will at least get you through friday night...

A microbrew sounds good.

heine12oz said:
Great oppurtunity to clear out the crap in the saddle bags and fill them with brew for the drive down.  YOu can fit at least 24 beers in each side, not that I would know or anything.  That will at least get you through friday night...

Not that you would know anything about that,   :laugh: but could you line them with a trash bag and fill with ice too (need to keep cold) ?  ???

Z66Modder said:
Not that you would know anything about that,   :laugh: but could you line them with a trash bag and fill with ice too (need to keep cold) ?  ???

you bet you can.  You don't even need the trash bags, they will drain as needed.  Just need to add ice here and there.

Okay, went and got the food today.  Ribs, Chicken Breast (already marinating!), Beans, ColeSlaw, Apples, Oreos (3 kinds!), Soda/Water.  Hot dogs for the yung'uns (or the yung at heart).  I think the guys at Costco were planning to follow me home for the BBQ!  I had to clean out 1 entire full size refigerator just for it!  When you see me pull in, No, I did not lower the rear end - that's just all the food!

And since this is BYOB, I even got a little something for myself (okay, 3 little somethings, but hey, it's a 4 day weekend for me!)

I'm actually a little worried it won't fit in all the icechests (and I have 4 of them!)

sounds great.  Let me know if I need to throw some coolers in the back of my truck to help transport when we meet up

Sounds great Chris...you are the man... (y) (y)

See ya tomorrow afternoon  :wave:

heine12oz said:
sounds great.  Let me know if I need to throw some coolers in the back of my truck to help transport when we meet up

If you've got them and you have the room to bring them, please do.  Seriously, I think I may have outdone myself.

Hay just get a Ice truck to dump a load in the back and use the bed!!! Not like it wont drain itself..  :laugh:
Drive safe everybody and I'll see you Friday. Dave

Doberman said:
Hay just get a Ice truck to dump a load in the back and use the bed!!! Not like it wont drain itself..  :laugh:
Drive safe everybody and I'll see you Friday. Dave

Sounds good if you line it with beer first!   :laugh:

Back