• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Edelbrock ceramic coated shorty headers with pics

escalanche

hello fellas , i just ordered a set of edelbrock ceramic coated headers the past wednesday and by the confirmation # they will get here today, i got my lilttle team ready to install it , my two older sons 10 and 9 and myself, my 3th son 7 year old will seat and watch the whole thing  :laugh:

i will keep you guys updated with pics  before and after , so check later  to see it , right now im gonna take some pics .

by the way i bought it at JEGS.com shipped  $ 411.00

pics

Attachments

• Picture 406.jpg
    Picture 406.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 417
  • Picture 407.jpg
    Picture 407.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 408
more

Attachments

• Picture 408.jpg
    Picture 408.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 409
  • Picture 409.jpg
    Picture 409.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 401
  • Picture 410.jpg
    Picture 410.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 393
escalanche said:
hello fellas , i just ordered a set of edelbrock ceramic coated headers the past wednesday and by the confirmation # they will get here today, i got my lilttle team ready to install it , my two older sons 10 and 9 and myself, my 3th son 7 year old will seat and watch the whole thing  :laugh:

i will keep you guys updated with pics  before and after , so check later  to see it , right now im gonna take some pics .

by the way i bought it at JEGS.com shipped  $ 411.00

You know there's no pics of it but I bet you have a grin on your face.

This thread would be absolutely worthless if after everything is in we could not get a sound clip of the new exhaust!!    >:D >:D

here are the rest of the pictures taken just a few minutes ago, yesterday was raining down here so we couldn't finish it

Attachments

• Picture 413.jpg
    Picture 413.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 368
  • Picture 415.jpg
    Picture 415.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 362
here is more

Attachments

• Picture 414.jpg
    Picture 414.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 362
  • Picture 416.jpg
    Picture 416.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 361
  • Picture 411.jpg
    Picture 411.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 356
here is more

Attachments

• Picture 414.jpg
    Picture 414.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 358
  • Picture 416.jpg
    Picture 416.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 357
  • Picture 411.jpg
    Picture 411.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 358
i gotta work on it, i gotta take a video , but as soon i get it i'll post it
now i remember AVCOP when you said you hear the engine breathes but i have to tweak something with the DIABLOSPORT ,everytime i go to the stop sign or i stop i feel the engine going up like 300 or 400 RPMs  then it goes down to normal  ???
besides that the AVALANCHE take off a liltle faster than before, also from inside it feels that  i have the headers running behind the radio , you can hear the " exhaust music " from inside wich is not annoying ,but with the a/c on and music, and the kids talking,  man, there is nothing to hear

oh i almost forgot, i reused the OEM exhaust manifold metal gaskets ,and the same bolts that came from factory with the old manifold
the ones provided by edelbrock were nice  but the gaskets where kinda mulchy mixed with metals and the bolts ,mmhh  , i liked the originals,
on the right side of the engine there is an OEM gasket that i reused ,just splitted the two parts comes apart without breaking it and i put the conic ring with the headers,  i'm going to be runnig all day  today and late afternoon i retorque the bolts again,
so i owe you the soundclip

Maybe not much help in the HP department, but headers change the sound and really help in towing.

Hey Escalanche, I was looking at your pictures and I was wondering how nice a floor do you have in your garage? or did your wife let you pull the 'lanche into the kitchen to work on it  :D :D :D

i did it in front of the house, my wife didn't want me to do it in the kitchen , she said she will cook some eggs with the headers
:laugh:

btw i have plans to put nices bricks at the floor in the driveway this summer, some like the tiles so they can match

i still owe you guys a video clip of the sound ,is coming out this weekend    (y)

Any issues with the install?  I just changed plugs in my '08 and it seems the passenger side will be a royal PITA with all the crap in the way. 

not really a  PITA ,  just i had patience and toke more time than supposed, no rush here ,but is like an adrenaline installing it and wanna go  hit the road to see and hear the results, BTW when i had the headers installed but the Y pipe was disconected my two older sons were telling me ,Dad , crank it up to hear it , i was almost an inch to do it  :laugh:  but i told them if i turn it on  everything will be hot hot.  (y)

Back