• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CLADDING vs. NO CLADDING

Doktanibblez

Topic is self-explanitory.
Let's see who all has cladding  (n)
and who has No cladding (y)
on their avy.

If you know any factual benefits as to why cladding or no cladding is better, please post!

Because right now my truck looks way too good to think I would ever want a cladded body.

Wind resistance is better w/out!!!! I'm saving gas, as well as looking sexy!!!

Intimidatoruag said:
I had cladding on my '03 .... loved it ..... didn't worry about door dings .... bugs on front end ..... now I have and '08 and the front end is a PIA to get the bugs off of ....

You need a coating >:D

I have no cladding on the 04 that I just bought. They both have their pros and cons. I got a real good deal on the one I just bought and cladding was not a factor. If I found this type of deal and it was cladded, I still would have gotten it.

So I have no real preference.

I just think it's primarily aesthetics, the truck is a great looking truck overall, I just think it's like a sexy non-cladded vehicle, or a cool looking cladded vehicle.

As someone who has owned one of each I can see the pros and cons to both sides.

No cladding does look good. I actually did not like the cladding at first and became a real Avalanche fan when the naked ones came out. It has a cleaner look and less faded cladding to deal with, but more prone to scratches when traveling through hunting clubs, and such like I do.

Once I decided I wanted something bigger and badder I wanted cladding. Less worring about scratches on the side when driving through the hunting club, and a lifted AV looks mean with cladding, but now I have all this cladding to stay on top of if I don't want it to look faded........i could get it gatorbacked but either way it is one more thing to do.

As for now, I could really go either way......naked or not I don't care!

Got Cladding it "ROCKS"! My 04 still has people asking if it is brand new. :laugh: Heck yeah, it's a lot of work to maintain, I should just gatorback it but, I need the excercise! Mother's "Back to Black" works well as long as it dries in the garage overnite! (y)

Eastside

Cladding is awesome. It saves your truck from soccer moms with a vehicle full of rug rats who just fling their doors open into the parked vehicle next to theirs without a care in the world. Also protects from lazy, inconsiderate people who just push their shopping carts in any direction away from their vehicle, not caring if it hits another car.  I think it defines the Avalanche.  There is no mistaking a cladded Avalanche for another type of vehicle.  And there is less metal to wax!

Ive got the cladding on mine and love it. an old ladie side swiped me doing 40 and she didnt even dent the
actual body under the cladding. it has also saved me from many scratches. (y)

Last night we had bad storms here in MD.  While my wife and I were sitting down eating dinner we watched 70 mph winds rock one of our trees bad.  Sure enough, I was thinking I should move the Av before a branch falls on it.  TOO LATE!!  **CRACK** A nice nice branch dropped right on the Av hitting in on the roof near the sail panel.  The rest of the branch was all over the bed panels and saddle bag. 

NO DAMAGE!! 

Love that cladding.  Although I was ready to buy a naked one if it was Arrival Blue and optioned.

Mine's nekid!

I like them nekid or wrapped in tupperware. >:D

Here is one thread where this topic had a poll on cladding.  >:D
http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,1065.0.html

There was also a more recent poll to:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,48412.0.html

I have cladding and like it cause I dont have to worry about my beater.  (y) What have you guys done to bring the darkness back to it?

Back