• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Clean up your AVY,, nice trash can for interior

ajk2000

Full Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
639
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Im particular about my interior but i live in my avy most days so i needed a place to put trash..
I found this at a local Rack'n'Road store but target has thule stuff also..  bought a thule cd visor holder there also..

This is nice, I dont like things hanging on the seats so i hung my trash can/bag from the center..
it has a place to put trashbags.. it recomends using grocery bags and has a pocket with a despenser for them..

It does hide the cool controls in the back...  I tend remove it when i have people in the AVY for the first time...

Enjoy the picts...

 

Attachments

  • The AVY 032.jpg
    The AVY 032.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 279
  • The AVY 033.jpg
    The AVY 033.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 274
Nice find (y)  I tend to put trash inside the center console :beating:
 
I tend to put trash in the center console too. So it is a good idea.  Is it flexible enough to use the accessory plug that it covers?  I use that plug for two way radio power.
 
I've had one like that for over a year now and love it.? Got it at Target also.
Never thought about sharing that mod? :E: Just might have to take a pic and post.
 
I like  that idea. There is just no good place for trash in the front seat area.
 
BlueDevil said:
Nice find (y) I tend to put trash inside the center console :beating:
ThunderHorse said:
I tend to put trash in the center console too. So it is a good idea. Is it flexible enough to use the accessory plug that it covers? I use that plug for two way radio power.
Supermobile said:
I like  that idea. There is just no good place for trash in the front seat area.
Um, I usually put my trash in a TRASH CAN, not in my truck. :laugh:
 
ajk2000 said:
It flips up pretty easy

Have you tried placing the bag lower, like attaching it to the little door that opens up at the bottom of the rear controls? It is pretty easy to reach down a little further to put trash in the bag.

That way none of the controls are covered.
 
Supermobile said:
Have you tried placing the bag lower, like attaching it to the little door that opens up at the bottom of the rear controls? It is pretty easy to reach down a little further to put trash in the bag.

That way none of the controls are covered.
Ill have to look..  but if you look at the 4th picture it looks like it only has about an inch  of room to go down..
 
Now that you mention it Supermobile, looks like the A/C vents are leaving dust on the back of the trashbag.
No air is getting to the passengers from those vents either.
 
ThunderHorse said:
Now that you mention it Supermobile, looks like the A/C vents are leaving dust on the back of the trashbag.
No air is getting to the passengers from those vents either.
I didnt notice the air vent marks before...  I closed the vent as much as possible..  Yes it does block the vent..  If you open them up all the way some air makes it past..  i hardley have anyone in the back.  Since i have bought the truck about 2months ago i have only had one person in the back(on the day i bought it)  It does come off easy...  one snap clip that loops around the consol lid.
 
Back
Top