• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lake Geneva July 12 Who's Intersted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnspur

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
OK... how about a trip to Lake Geneva Sat July 12.
With camping at Big Foot Beach State Park for those who want to stay. ?Avia, They have picnic areas there where dogs are allowed for a cookout. ?Mojo has volunteered to help find some points of interest. ?
There is a boat launch available.

Let me know if you're interested!

Big Foot Beach State Park

Sorry, Tami and I will be in Joliet,IL for the NASCAR races. We are driving down Thursday after work. We have tickets for the Busch and Cup races and we are going to see qualifying on Friday.

Hope you have as much fun as we will.

Go #24

OK..all us Nebraska folk are watching the posts and feeling sooo left out..lol. Just kidding, but where is Lake Geneva?

Later.
CT

Chevy Thunder- Very Southern central part of Wisconsin.
You are very welcome to come join us if you are intersted!

I will go check out the campground this weekend if I can. For those of you thinking about camping, I don't think they have electic sites. Camping is $10 a night for WI Res, $12 for non-Res. There is $5 vehicle fee res, $10 non-Res. I don't kow if that is in addition to the camping fee, but I will fond out. They do take reservations for this time of year.

BTW - I am bringing my doggie.

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

Well - I 'm in. I will do some reconnaissance for gathering points, lunch, pictueresque views and all around fun. If needed, I can also help out with some essential logistics.

All coming- post what type of things you would be interested in so I can narrow my scope as there are tons of things to see, do, eat.... If you want to do a quick drive around, let me know length/time it should be and I can find an appropriate route.

For those staying at Big Foot, there is a pizza/sandwich shop right next to the campground, the food is pretty good.

For Biggie, in town there is a park with a mini skate park.

I will be up there Fri. and Sat am and will start to put a list of options together. Once I get a better idea, I will post them and we can plan from there.

My doggies will be there, but we will see if I bring them along for the ride. The bassett is a handful, but my little girl(Great Dane) is a sweety, maybe I will bring her.

This can be fun.

NOOOO! Not a skate park! We will have to stop there and take pics! Oh yeah! I'm a moderator. I can delete that from your post! Just kidding. Cruising for 2 or 3 hours is OK, with a couple stops at some sights. Just let us know what you find and we'll try to figure out some kind of a schedule. I really apreciate your help, and every one else who is coming up with great ideas for cruises and GTGs. (Yes, you too Biggie!) We are going to have a fun summer!

Jen

MojoAv said:
Well - I 'm in. ?I will do some reconnaissance for gathering points, lunch, pictueresque views and all around fun. ?If needed, I can also help out with some essential logistics.

All coming- post what type of things you would be interested in so I can narrow my scope as there are tons of things to see, do, eat.... ?If you want to do a quick drive around, let me know length/time it should be and I can find an appropriate route.

For those staying at Big Foot, there is a pizza/sandwich shop right next to the campground, the food is pretty good.

For Biggie, in town there is a park with a mini skate park.

I will be up there Fri. and Sat am and will start to put a list of options together. ?Once I get a better idea, I will post them and we can plan ?from there.

My doggies will be there, but we will see if I bring them along for the ride. The bassett is a handful, but my little girl(Great Dane) is a sweety, maybe I will bring her.

This can be fun.
My Boys (dogs) get along with all kinds of other dogs, no problems here. Don't forget to bring swimsuits and other things related to boating and swimming. If anybody has extra life jackets, for boating, bring em, my boat seats six, but don't have enough life jackets, i have some life jackets for the dogs too.

July 12th Aye?? He Jen can I borrow your front plate this time. Is this going to be a overnight campout/cookout? If so pencil us in, ah heck use ink. Need another test trip with the camper before South Dakota. I will bring the marshmellows and whatever jnspur tells me. Matt

Sorry, can't make it. My sister is getting married that day in West Virginia. Hope you guys have Fun!! I will be going to South Dakota from July 20-25th. I got a cabin at KOA.
See Ya there!

Sorry Jen, we can't make this one. I need elect for a sleep
apnea machine I have to use at night. Sounds like fun...

Butch

That's alright Butch. We'll see you at the Blue-Top, right? I am still working on getting out to the campground to check it out.

Looks like my son & I might be able to make it. ???? We have family flying out that day, though. ?;D Let me know what you figure out for a schedule. ?:)

Ok - I didn't get much chance for scouting this weekend, but my lifetime familiarity will guide me.

I recommend making any reservations as early as possible, things fill up fast in the summer.

For those staying at BigFoot State Park- Obviously there is a beach there, and a lagoon for fishing. The campground is towards the back, but the picnic area is right on the lake and is quite scenic. It is about 5 minutes drive from town and another 5 minutes to my house.

Right next to the campground is a pizza/sandwich shop called Papa Cory's. They are pretty good and fairly priced. They also have a fairly large parking lot, we could probably meet there initially. They also rent boats and waverunners(not cheap in the summer @ $300 reserve then @ $75 per half hour).

There is a large arcade in town with plenty of games, even some early video games, Defender, Galaga, Tron, Turbo....

Plenty of restaurants to suit most tastes. Send me a note with your interests and I can be more specific, too many to list. In addition most of the fast food chains are represented, McDs, BK, Taco Smells, KFC, Pizza Hut, Subway, Cousins Subs and Dairy Queen.

There are tour boat rides regurlay throughout the day, that have narrated tours of some of the history and sites of the lake. Look for Gage Marine on the internet.

Of course there is fishing, just remember your fishing licenses, the DNR are pretty sneaky and unforgiving.

For some of the essentials there is a WalMart, plenty of gas stations, Home Depot???, a manual car wash as well as a few laundromats.

Town is packed with t-shirt shops, and other specialty nik-nak shops. A couple of must sees are the Global Gourmet-neat food stuff, and Geneva Gifts - great Rum Raisin fudge.

I have an idea of a short cruise we can take - 1-2 hours, it will take us around the lake. A couple of neat roads as well as a couple of cool places for pictures around the lake.

Depending on how long everybody will be there and how many of us, I think Avialanche mentioned bringing his boat, between his boat and mine we may be able to get a cruise on the water going.

If anybody has any questions, just hit me with a pm and I can send you my email and we can get specific.

Mojo, you Rock! Thanks for all the info. I didn't get to scout out the campground yet. I will do it before the weekend is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back