• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Just Vacationing In The Black Hills

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmull

Charter Member
SM 2003
In an effort to separate the issues of the National Meet problems that will be dealt with in due time, I am starting this topic for the people that made plans to attend and any others that are looking for a great place to spend a summer week, to discuss where they will be staying, activities they are planning, and any other ideas for hooking up with other avers that will be there notwithstanding the status of the National meet. Hopefully this topic will not stray into the admittedly important comments about the refund issues etc. Let's go to Rapid City, see the attractions, party, get to know each other, and spend a summer week in the heartland of this great nation.

mdmull said:
In an effort to separate the issues of the National Meet problems that will be dealt with in due time, I am starting this topic for the people that made plans to attend and any others that are looking for a great place to spend a summer week, to discuss where they will be staying, activities they are planning, and any other ideas for hooking up with other avers that will be there notwithstanding the status of the National meet. Hopefully this topic will not stray into the admittedly important comments about the refund issues etc. Let's go to Rapid City, see the attractions, party, get to know each other, and spend a summer week in the heartland of this great nation.

Yes this is what we are going for now! just to get away from this small stupid little city we live in for a week i hope we can meet up Jnspur, Avlance, Mdz & I are still going and i know we are going to show up no matter what even if everyone drops out!! i guess this is kinda one why to know the real die-core-av-fans. we should get a little mini cruise going on through the citys and just chill.~. i hope at least 10 show up~

jnspur and blackchev will be at the KOA sight 74.

bubba9004 said he would be out there.

I guess 5 AVs is a good restart to a possible nonevent event :rolleyes: I don't think 10 is out of the question, Biggie

Mdmull we still intend on being in SD in July. It was going to be a vacation for us anyway. We are not staying at the KOA but will look forward getting together with everyone to see the sites.

Dwayne & Lois are still going and staying at the Ramakota or whatever its name is. We plan on leaving Eagan MN. early monday mor. and getting there 4 Or 5 that eve.

I will be there for the week. Should be getting in on Sunday, leaving Friday. Staying at the KOA. Taking my son camping and sight-seeing

Avialanche, I am leaving Milwaukee Saturday morning the 19th. I will be on 90 all the way, meeting up with Biggie and Mdz66 in there somewhere. Arriving at the KOA Sunday. Leaving on Saturday the 26th

See Biggie? :eek: Up to 9 already. (y)

Not sure, wasn't given a site number. I will call tomorrow and find out.

Jnspur, thanks for the reply, sound like a plan so far, whats the phone number for the KOA, and the ramkota hotel, do you know if they allow dogs? Pick out a spot to meet in milwaukee, i live 45 minutes from downtown milwaukee.

Jnspur, I will reveal our whole plan with dates and times soon. St Paul MN is where we will be ending first leg of the trip on friday. Spend saturday at Mall of America. Leave early sunday morning of Rapid City. Nothing cast in stone yet! :) Matt

We are leaving Sat AM and will be on 90 all the way. Haven't yet decided on the sat nite stop. Plan on arriving Sunday either KOA or Ramkota, haven't decided yet although KOA sounds like it might be THE PLACE.

Wife and I still plan to attend. No reason to change vaction plans now. Hope to see a lot of AVs there!

Bernadette and Ernie along with the kids will still be going as long as my work schedule doesn't change. It should still be a good getaway for the summer.

The reservation # again is 1-800-562-8504. ?Make sure you get Rapid City reservations, because the number is for multiple KOAs.

I am bringing my dog! 90# lab

IL folks - If you guys want to meet up, we can figure something out. ?I will be taking 94 to 90. ?I am just north of Milw. ?Let me try to find a spot to meet. ?How early do you want to meet Saturday? ?I was hoping to make it to Albert Lea, MN the first day, hopefully Biggie and Mdz66 can catch up with us there when they're done shopping... ?:rolleyes: ?

BTW - There is a Spam Factory in the Albert Lea area.
Anybody want to stop for dinner? :-X

We wish we could join you, but we have other plans.

Butch

well Biggie?!? How do you like this...

mdmull ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?IL
Biggie/Mdz66 ? ? ? ?MI
jnspur/blackchev ?WI
Avalance ? ? ? ? ? ? ? OR
rogerh ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? IL
DWAYNE ? ? ? ? ? ? ? MN
endeavorc ? ? ? ? ? ?OH
Avialanche ? ? ? ? ? ?IL
schubie ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?CA
Brecwood ? ? ? ? ? ? ID
bubba9004 MO

Hey Jen,

I am also still planning on going. I think it would be grat to meet up saturday, and we can also come back home together the following saturday. I assume you are planning on spending the night in MN and keep going on saturday. Total travel time for us (calculated from Chicago) is about 16 hours. Once we are there we can go for our own cruises and the like. I think is going to be a blast.

Keep the ideas coming and let's make this a great vacation.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back