• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

The Bears.......

pktwatch

SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2004
SM 2003
While at the Nationals someone told us that a black bear had been hit crossing the Parkway. All the time that we were there we were hoping to see a bear out in the wild, something that we have never seen before. We visited the Smokey Mountian National Park hoping to see one, we took back roads into Sevierville hoping to see one but now i am glad that we didn't run across one! I just heard ABOUT THIS BEAR ATTACK a couple of days ago. Not a large bear but it would be very scary none the less! Luckily everyone will be OK.

Butch

I had a cub and mother wander out onto the road in front of me on my trip down to nationals.  Was not quick enough to get the camera out and get pics.

On our way back from nationals, we went through Gatlinburg into Cherokee, NC, and ran across a small bear off a distance in the woods.  Some people were pulled over taking pictures, but we played it safe and kept driving...

On survior man he said to do the following when you are confronted by a bear:

- Brown Bear: Make a lot of noise, shakes some small trees, throw things at them and they will usualy run away.
- Black Bear: You can usualy out run them.
- Grizzly Bear: Turn and fight, it will be over quickly... For you... With any luck if/when your remains are found they will be able to tell you fought like a man.

No joke about the last one, that it is what he said!  :laugh:

Lord Aries said:
On survior man he said to do the following when you are confronted by a bear:

- Brown Bear: Make a lot of noise, shakes some small trees, throw things at them and they will usualy run away.
- Black Bear: You can usualy out run them.
- Grizzly Bear: Turn and fight, it will be over quickly... For you... With any luck if/when your remains are found they will be able to tell you fought like a man.

No joke about the last one, that it is what he said!  :laugh:
:laugh:

Attachments

• BearSign.jpg
    BearSign.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 37
Back