• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

MONTANA / IDAHO FIRST GTG

It's great to see activity in a new area! Come on Montana and Idahoians, I know you're out there!

David

This sounds like a great trip. I was planning on stopping at Big Hole Battlefield either on my way to or from the National Meet. If I can arrange a coupleof shift trades, I would very much like to attend this.

Avalance, you should go to this! This is one of the places I was telling you about.

I will see what I am doing I beleve I might be in Portland on this one but if I am not in Portland I will be there it only about a 10 hour drive for me so if I am not in Portland count me in

Brecwood
Idaho/Montana Avalanche Chapter?
? Reply #18 Today at 8:22am ? Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in for a ID/MT chapter. I am located in Idaho Falls, ID.

Lance, a neat way for you to go would be LaGrande-Enterprize-Lewiston, up the Clearwater and Lochsa rivers, down into Lolo, Mt. Then travel south from Lolo, upstream along the Bitterroot River and then the East Fork of the Bitterroot up to the divide. From there you hook a left and down into the Big Hole Valley. This route happens to follow historic Nez Perce travel routes. It's a very scenic route as well.

avalance i would meet u in hamilton, lolo, or missoula

depending on where people are coming from:
missoula or through butte or lolo, or even the salmon way

we would be able to meet in missoula at a certin time then at the top of the pass, then at the battlefield. would be a nice procetion from the top of the pass down to the battlefield.

depending on intrest there is a hot springs in jackson real close by.

Will the back-road route via Salmon be passable by then?

just got some info for the tour

and i quote
''There is a $5.00 per vehicile fee or $3.00 per person. Also we accept the Golden Age Passport and the National Park pass. Looking forward to your visit."

Give this site a try:

Road Report for Idaho. ?It should be uptodate with the latest info and has links to Montana's info too.

a_idaho2.gif

You can have as many as you want or as few as you want
sorry I will not beable to attend because I have to be in Portland on that date I hope I will see ya guys on future cruises

worrdoug said:
So who do have confirmed besides myself.

hey great to have you aboard. sorry you are the only one confirmed. :6: so i have decided to cancle this meet and start thinking about a new one.

any ideas?

thanks & sorry :6:
Faver Buhler

I know that the this specific outing has been cancelled, but I am wondering if anyone near Great Falls is interested in an impromptu get together?

My parents are driving to Great Falls for a mini-vacation and to deal with some IRS issues regarding dad's winnings in Las Vegas last fall. They called me and asked if I wanted to go with them, since we used to do that drive once or twice per year. I am going to try to convince them to let me take my truck instead of their car and perhaps we could all get together somewhere in Great Falls?

Let me know if anyone is interested! :)

Back