• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Alaska's Fur Rondy Meet Pics

Alaska_AV.

Cruise Coord
SM 2003
Fun was had by all.

Gluggo, we missed ya.

Started off by pawing over each others AV's in the parades staging area. Nice rides!

Hitting the pavement was a hoot. High lights include my kid dashing into a fur coat store to pee ?:2: She caught up with us a half block later >:D Later my kid was sitting on the first bed cover, legs hanging inside. I had it in neutral, revved the engine, then put it in drive, a little to early. She went from seated to flat on her back in a heart beat. It's not child abuse if it's funny? Right? Then laughing so hard I almost ran over the wife, while she was standing in the street taking a picture of all of us. Whoops :eek:
7.jpg

Artic_AK_AV tried smoking his beefy 2500 :C: no smoke, dang nab torque management
Lunch filled us all at the Royal Spork, I ate to many cheese cakes ;D
We walked of lunch at the local chevy dealer having an old car show.
We ended the day at the snow sculptures. viewed the meager carvings and ended a good day with some great people

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 10
The 4 of us

Alaska_AV
Artic_AK_AV
Johncw
Thunder

4_of_us.jpg

Can't keep my kid from making friends or geting in the way >:D

Attachments

• 4_of_us.jpg
    4_of_us.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 10
Thanks, we can only imagine what 10,20,40 AV's would be like. >:D

Here is the lunch crew parking pic..

6.jpg

The sun was out when I set up the camera..... :6:

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 10
Here is one of the better carvings. It's been in the 40's lately so not many carvers cared to come out. Having a master piece melt before judging would be a bummer. Unless you have a plan.........

69.jpg

Attachments

• 69.jpg
    69.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 10
Well we mad it in the Sunday news paper. You just have to squint to see us >:D

331-m_rondy2.jpg

Attachments

• 331-m_rondy2.jpg
    331-m_rondy2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 10
This was the first step in what will be a growing AV club here in Alaska. Fun was had by all. Alaska-Av has done a pretty good job posting the pictures of the happenings. I guess im going to have to figure out how to post my picts :D Im off to find the post about posting picts

Ok heres my first try at postintg pictures MODs if i screw this up, just let me know >:D
Alaska-Av
Artic-AK-AV
Johncw

[attachment deleted by admin larger then 100KB]

(y) Holy smokes I think I did it RIGHT:) Here's another
This is the best picture, Alaska-Av's Toy R/C Av ;D The kids loved it :)

:cool: Ok this picture posting is adicting ;D
This is my av, I jumped out in the middle of the parade to take this one. My kids had a blast waving at the crowds

Your right Artic pic posting is addictive. I love the shot of my mini Av. I thought I had taken one. but Not :(
I tried to start this thread with a Giff picture but my computer an I went around and around. I knew I had a Giff animator but my computer said I did not have one. Like fighting with a brick wall! Well I was right >:D
Like it or not here it comes (y)

parade2.gif

:B: :B:
WOW - Great Job to all who participated!! ;D ;D

It's nice to see GTG's in the warmer climes...........lol

If we had one yesterday, nobody would've seen it for all the rain and fog.......... :2:

Jake

Alaska_AV said:
Fun was had by all.
7.jpg

At first glance, I thought "What? Those Alaskans don't observe traffic lanes?" I'm thinking "Lanes? We don't need no stinkin' lanes!"

Then I read more and found out it was a parade. Okay. But it's still pretty funny. Did you get to zig-zag across the road to amuse yourself? I would have had to do something to not go insane driving 1mph for however long it lasted.

Great pics, and looks like a great crowd. Amazing that you guys are doin' the same as everyone else way up north. I like the new region title: Far North and Canada. :)

Brendan

looks like you guys had some fun the other day I was driveing down a 2 lane street and a White lifted AV pulled up beside me we drove taking up 2 lines for like 5 miles it was cool

brmiller, we started in a line, but after half way I was jumping curbs >:D I'd pick someone looking the other way and aim for em. They look back and waving my arms like I can't stop........ Creep up on em an honk my horn.....Pull up to the curb and ask someone, " Pardon me but would you have some Grey-poupon?" Wacko, insane stuff like that. It's fun >:D

Actually I never noticed painted lines on a street before, What will they think of next? Red lights so people stop at intersections :2: >:D

Great pics guys and looks as if you all had a lot of fun - 4 or 40 it is all about friends and fun and of course the AV - Hope to see all you guys at the Nationals I know Alaska_AV will be there and I cant wait to see his painted cladding on LPM :eek:

Back