• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Alberta Avalanche Meet At Reynold's Museum

Boar-Ral

Charter Member
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Hello,

I am organizing a day trip to the Reynold's Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta. ?Chasman is the only other local member that I have discussed it with so far and he is interested. ?The date will be picked to be compatible with the most members.

If anyone is interested, please respond here or send me a private message. ?In particular, I am hoping to hear from Matt, Leather, Sparky, k_favero, and possibly Clutter_Boy if he will be in the area. ?Of course, anyone that is interested is welcome to attend. ?We will have lunch at the museum either when we arrive or before we leave.

I hope to hear from people. :)

Chasman said:
I'm in. ?Sparky is interested too. When are you thinking of doing this, Boar-Ral?
I 'spoke' with Sparky lastnight via back and forth messages. He is interested. I think Saturday, January 25 would be the best day. Tomorrow is too soon, and the week after January 25 is too close to the Jasper trip.

What do others think of this?

Leather said:
I have never been there b4 it sound good to me. I will have to check first to make sure we don't already have plans.
After discussing it with Chasman, we have decided that January 25 should be when we go. Sparky seems able to attend, and Chasman indicated that you are busy at the end of the month. So January 25 should work out for everyone.

The museum opens at 9:00am and Chasman and I thought 11:00am would be a good time to arrive. That way we can wait for those who may take a bit longer to arrive. At noon, we will have lunch, and afterward tour the museum. Admission is $6.50. If we get 15 or more, we can get a discount, but I don't think we will get 15 people this time. :)

Thus far, we have myself, Chasman, Sparky, and Leather looking at going. I will update this post as more people confirm or people drop out.

I'm still trying to get some of the other locals to come along. :)

I confirm that I'll be there, and my wife as well. Shall we all meet at the museum? Won't be any problem knowing recognizing those in our group! ;D

Chasman said:
I confirm that I'll be there, and my wife as well. ?Shall we all meet at the museum? Won't be any problem knowing recognizing those in our group! ;D
We are all meeting at the museum at 11:00am. Hopefully there is not a yet-unheard-of Alberta Avalanche Club that also decided to go to the museum that day. :)

We know Leather and we know what Sparky's truck looks like. I am still waiting to hear back from the others.

Back