• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Edmonton Chapter Sept 14 Meet Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pic's Chasman.Next summer I plan on driving out for a couple of weeks with my son's.I have an uncle in Calgary!If you felows are having a get together i would love to hook up with you's!

NatsCanAv said:
Great pic's Chasman.Next summer I plan on driving out for a couple of weeks with my son's.I have an uncle in Calgary!If you felows are having a get together i would love to hook up with you's!
Hi, if you end up coming out in the summer I live in Calgary. Drop a line before heading out

Nice looking AV's (y), sorry I couldnt make it :C:, I had to ref a football game in Olds. I did install mudflap when I got home so some of my day was spent modding my AV :D

I sure will sparky.I am going to hook up with kroach one of these days out here.He has been away on bussines and were are planning on getting together when he gets back. Ever since I got my Av I've told EVERY Av owner that I run into about the site. some seem interested and say that they will check it out,others look at me like I'm some kind of redneck. ;DI check out every Av on the road and I seem to be the only one with amber DRL's.I've printed off some club info sheets for my truck and will start to hand them out.Hopefully I can generate some kind of interest here in Ontario.Can you tell I'm Gone Av crazy!Everyday my mod list gets longer from hanging out on this site. (y)Keep up the good work out there. My uncle is the owner/operator of the Petro Can Station at 36th and memorial maby you guys could put on an Av display in his lot someday.If you are by there drop in and tell him Stan sent you, that should get a chuckle or two.How the heck!!!!!!!I'ts got an A/W in it so maby a meet and greet with burger!He is away until Mon,my mother is actually there viisiting him,they will think(know)I've lost it. :)they tried to set me up last weekend when she flew out saying she never made it so you would be doing me a favour by getting them back. ;D

I'll give it a shot. Once you mentioned the AW I knew where you meant.
I am out of town Mon/Tues so only have one day before surgery. May have to wait till after hospital time.

Great Sparky!Hope all goes well with your health issue.will you take pics with you of your AV to the Hospital? :) by the way myuncle's name is Arnie

Take Care NatsCanAv

I have to go work on my sig file.Goo just pmed me to tell me they were too big.Back to the drawing board!

Are strobes legal in those parts, or does Boar-ral work for the emergency services?

Brendan

I have finally compiled my few photographs and have presented the most appropriate from today's small Avalanche wash and meet. ?(A majority of the time was spent creating the animated GIFs of my strobe lights.)

Responding to brmiller's question, strobe lights are a grey area here. ?They are definitely illegal while driving, and according to the law, they are illegal even while parked, with the exception of amber strobes. ?Amber strobes would not look too appealing, so I went with white. ?(Originally, the strobes were blue and red; the white lenses were manufactured by a friend. ?For those interested, the strobes are Whelan Halogen Lightheads, driven by a programmable Whelan six outlet flasher unit, driving 60W to each bulb. ?Two housings are behind the grill, two more bulbs are inside my high-mount signal lights. ?Whelan units are what you will find in most police cars. ?I hope to post a complete installation guide in the coming days.) ?The police do not enforce the law too strictly here, and I know some people get away with even driving with strobes operating, but I decided to play it safe and only use them when parked, preferably not on a street.

Chasman took more photographs while washing, whereas I was busy catching up to him cleaning because I arrived late and did not have an opportunity to take any photographs until the end. ?Not very many, but they illustrate the end result. ?You may click on the link following each photograph to view a larger version of it.

avys1a.jpg

The result of eight hours of washing, polishing, and waxing.
Larger: http://www.boarral.com/cafcna/avys1b.jpg

casualty1a.jpg

Our only casualty, the result of me not watching where I was backing up.
Larger: http://www.boarral.com/cafcna/casualty1b.jpg

In an effort to not upset anyone due to large file sizes, I will simply post two links to an animated GIF of my strobe lights in action:

Small: http://www.boarral.com/cafcna/strobe1a.gif (225 Kb)
Larger: http://www.boarral.com/cafcna/strobe1b.gif (700 Kb)

I hope to have several installation guides completed and posted in the coming days, including the strobes, my Whelan siren and air horn, my GPS antenna, and an update on the installation of the telematics computer. ?If anyone has any questions, feel free to respond to this thread, send me a private message, or e-mail me. :)

Great Pics Boar-Ral.the gifs turned out excelent.Too bad about the trash can! :)they shouldn't leave it so close to the curb. ;DThe Av's look great... (y)
NatsCanAv

NatsCanAv said:
Great Pics Boar-Ral.the gifs turned out excelent.Too bad about the trash can! :)they shouldn't leave it so close to the curb. ;DThe Av's look great... (y)
Fortunately, my cladding was only slightly scuffed when I backed into the garbage can. I will work on it with a brass brush and clean it up a little bit and it will be good as new. Once I can afford it, I want to purchase a backup system.

My arms are very sore, and especially the heel of my hand and my fingertips. I hope the weather remains decent for a few days so that I can appreciate all of the work that went into it. Even if it rains though, at least I will know that my truck looked fantastic for a little while.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

OK, NatsCanAv, let us know when you're coming out west and we'll plan a get together, if that works for you. We've been talking about doing Banff to Jasper via the Columbia Icefields Parkway. Would be a sweet drive for a bunch of av's.
Let us know when you're coming and if you're interested and we'll start planning a get together starting in Calgary.

Sparky: if you get close enough to Edmonton one of these days, let us know. We can do lunch.

Boar-Ral those gif look so cool. Great way to tell on comming traffic that their is radar ahead ;) NatsCanAv we welcome you to Alberta with open arms. I think a planned AV trip with a out of town guest would be great :D

Yes indeed boys.The first two week of July are usually shut down at the plant.I will probably add a week or two to that so as not to be rushed.Thats a great run from Banff to Jasper up the parkway! I did it a few years back one summer.Lots of oppertunities(sp) to take little side trips :)We will make firm plans in the spring. I will be trading in my Av for a new one in Feb/March so by then it will be all broke in. ;D.I don't need an excuse to come out as I love the mountains!I might even try to make it out(fly) this winter to do a bit of skiing if finances co-operate! A run through the mountains with a bunch of fellow Aver's would make the summer trip complete for sure!My son's are Av crazy (they just love it after rideing around in a Montanna for the last two years).they never forgave me for getting rid of my previous vehical which was a 99 loaded Tahoe. the smile 's on there faces when I got the Av 2 weeks ago was ear to ear and it's still there.I have to keep them away from this site though because they see the pics of Goo's Av and they want neon's. :)I tell them to make a list and it can go on the bottom of my mod list! ;D Only moding things I can take with me on this one!I have the bug real bad but keep telling myself to wait for the next one!Can't wait for summer now!!!!
NatsCanAv

Leather said:
Boar-Ral those gif look so cool. Great way to tell on comming traffic that their is radar ahead ;)
The GIFs turned out well, but the lights have to be seen to be fully appreciated. They flash much faster than the GIF can illustrate. And of course, they are much brighter. (It is fun trying to drive down a dark street with them. You veer a little bit as you can only see every few seconds. :) Obviously, not something you want to try on a busy stretch of road, not only due to the veering, but because you don't want to blind anyone else. :) As previously mentioned, these mainly see use in the parking lots or on the driveway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back