• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Why Haven't You Registered Yet?

zemkosky

SM 2003
With the limited registrations, I am forced to ask the question:  Why Haven't You Registered Yet?   

Is it one of these reasons?   ???

- schedule isn't interesting
- economy / can't afford
- too far to travel
- not interested in attending

Or is there another reason altogether? 

Basically, I am trying to determine if there is something within our control (the committee) that would get more people interested in registering for Nationals or if it is really something beyond our control.

If you don't feel comfortable posting up, please send me a pm or e-mail (zemkoskyd@hotmail.com).   (y)

JJ  :cool:

I think that you guys are doing a fantastic job with the planning and keeping the threads active. For the most part I would guess it is the uncertainty of the economy, for us it is health issues. I still hold hope that we can attend but it is not looking great for us..........if we can help in any other way just ask and we will do all that we can!

Butch

I know the Economy has put a strain on a lot of folks out there...I had to change my plans for attending because of work which was directly caused by the state of things and it has altered my vacation plans. I don't see a problem with the nationals location other then I hate heat,  and humidity, but that would not stop me :) You folks have done a wonderful job of setting up,  and bringing it to the folks for the nationals and my hat is off to you for it...but it is not in the cards for me this year and I will miss being there :B: :B: :B:

I think it's sudden unplanned events and the economy.

I also feel you have been doing a fantastic job!

Keep up the great work,

Todd

JJ I think you all are doing a great job..  I have talked to Melissa a few times over the last few months to offer up some ideas and support..  For me its getting the time off in the summer months..  I was able to do so last year, but this year one of my counterparts needed to be off..
Stay positive and for those that can make it give it your best..

Mike

Bruizza said:
I just don't have the funds to attend. 

I have to ask, would you attend if it were closer to you. And can you put your location in your sig. We have many local events.

I think the commitee has done a wonderful job this year, and I'm sure it will be a great event, lots of choices of things to do down there. A couple things that are keeping me from going 100% right now. First its about twice as far as last year in TN, I've mad the trip down south for the past 3 summers for the events in TN and AL, but TX is a bit far, and yeah the economy is putting a bit of a strain on me, not that I cant handle it. Second, so far there aren't anyone from my neck of the woods or at least for the northeast that have said they are attending, so that means that I am driving down by myself and driving back myself. Now I made the AL myself, and then the following summer to TN myself, last year at least I was able to hook up with a couple other AVs both ways. Now leaving the AV behind and flying out there may be an option for some, but for me it isn't an option, the only way I'm getting on a plane is if I'm tranquilized. So I'm basically stuck with the distance and the loneliness of the trip, and given the added length of it, its a little too long to talk to only myself, that gets old after an hour or two.

-James.

james21 said:
I think the commitee has done a wonderful job this year, and I'm sure it will be a great event, lots of choices of things to do down there. A couple things that are keeping me from going 100% right now. First its about twice as far as last year in TN, I've mad the trip down south for the past 3 summers for the events in TN and AL, but TX is a bit far, and yeah the economy is putting a bit of a strain on me, not that I cant handle it. Second, so far there aren't anyone from my neck of the woods or at least for the northeast that have said they are attending, so that means that I am driving down by myself and driving back myself. Now I made the AL myself, and then the following summer to TN myself, last year at least I was able to hook up with a couple other AVs both ways. Now leaving the AV behind and flying out there may be an option for some, but for me it isn't an option, the only way I'm getting on a plane is if I'm tranquilized. So I'm basically stuck with the distance and the loneliness of the trip, and given the added length of it, its a little too long to talk to only myself, that gets old after an hour or two.

-James.

Come on those from upstate!  SO many had said YES to coming and now that we are down to the wire what happen to everyone!  James needs a TRAVELING buddy, someone STEP UP!!!!!   

:needhug:

I'm with the others ...

1) funds ....
2) uncertain ecomony - will I still have a job when I get back?
3) distance ....

and trying to drive that far with  6 and 9 year old girls ... forget it .... even with movies it would still be a LONG drive .... "are we there yet?"  .... "how about now?" .... grrrrrrrrrrr!

because its 1125 miles away
because I dont own an Avalanche
because I'm not going
because it TX in in the summer and I did that for 4yrs.....not fun

Melissa, I think you and your committee are doing a great job promoting this, but times are pretty tough.

I know I have had to make some major adjustments. In order to get the time off work, I still have to work. We have a guy that can do the broadcast portion of my program, but can't handle the prep/writing. As a result, I will be at the laptop a couple of hours each day writing and editing audio for him.

However, I'm willing to do that in order to attend this event. Just hope people won't think I'm anti-social when I disappear from some functions for a couple of hours.

SS: edited to remove political views as per Terms of Service

MichiganSilver03 said:
I have to ask, would you attend if it were closer to you. And can you put your location in your sig. We have many local events.
Just updated my sig.

I would attend if it was significantly closer like in Denver Colorado.  If it were closer it would be cheaper.  Plus I just bought my avy in April and joined the site.  I had no idea there were Nationals.  I would love to attend next years.  Now that I know about them I have more time to plan, save up money and vacation time to attend.  Even if I had the funds it still would have been tough to plan a vacation to San Antonio on 3 months notice with my work schedule. -

Bruizza said:
Just updated my sig.

I would attend if it was significantly closer like in Denver Colorado.  If it were closer it would be cheaper.  Plus I just bought my avy in April and joined the site.  I had no idea there were Nationals.  I would love to attend next years.  Now that I know about them I have more time to plan, save up money and vacation time to attend.  Even if I had the funds it still would have been tough to plan a vacation to San Antonio on 3 months notice with my work schedule. -

AGAIN, thanks for the replies in this thread.

Just_Jeepin said:
- too far to travel

That's my main reason.  :cry:

(A secondary reason is being a northerner, I don't handle heat well.  :p)

There's nothing anyhone can do about either one.

-- SS

Back