• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Modding GTG!! Saturday, Sept 19th, 2009

UtahAV

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2004
SM 2003
Modding GTG!!
Saturday, Sept 19th, 2009
PM me for the address
10:00 AM until we are done.

Lets do it again!! Mods, Mods, Mods!!! You all know the drill! Save your money, buy your mods and come on over to install them and show them off! Our last Modding GTG was AMAZING  :eek: Lets do it again! UtahAV and Mrs. UtahAV will provide a hotdog roast lunch with all the fixin's. All you need to do is bring your mods, shine your AV and show up!​

Attending:

UtahAV​
funk drum​
badtuffstuff​
Trafficman​
US Soldier0507​
Shane's 02 Avalanche​
Avalanche0_2​
Aussie Red​
Fires2bdoused75​
Muggles​

Need to hook up my horn and my off road Lights,  Need to install a couple of fuse blocks, my bed lights, my grill light bar, my under hood bar.  That should keep me busy for awhile.  :cool:

I would like to get some help installing a switch in my cargo area for the lights. that way when I do my cargo L.E.D. mod it will be easier. I still have a bunch of red L.E.D.'s if anyone has a use or need for them.

Not sure can't think of anything I want to do and all I would do is sit and laugh at you all. Hmmm that sounds like fun.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can always look forward to me being under someones Av installing something. And my kids collecting Snails to let loose in my Av on the way home. I actually found the last shell under my speaker box a couple days ago.

I have done my plugs 3 time already. I am a pretty fair mechanic, and trafficman is a great electrician. Along with all the other talents in our club, we could just about do anything. I will be bringing some of my tools just so we have enough to go around. Utah-av has a very nice set of tools in his garage also.
I really LOVE :love: these Modding GTG's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx9LwTKkOF4

This video was giving me some ideas for a mod project with my diecast avalanche to make a undercover police ave with working lights

Avalanche0_2 said:
I may do my shocks or switch out my plugs and wires who knows

Done both.  Pretty easy mod.  Hardest part is getting out one plug and pulling the wire off.

I am going to do some R&R on the Pearl again and really am considering doing the interior too. Might try a small inconspicuous spot in him. Going to have to talk to Tom ( Z66 moderator) he did his and see how it held after a year. 

Hey Ya'll,

Sorry I disappeared. Been busy lately. New job, normal summer stuff, getting the garage ready for this GTG... The dang power was out until 2:00 am this morning at my place. I was going to try and do some posting last night but that is hard to do without power... We ended up camping out in the RV until bed time.

I am way excited about this GTG!! It looks like another great turnout! It has forced me to start the next phase of my garage project too. Can't wait to show it off to everyone!

Anyway I am still here and checking in when I can!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Have it ready I have the goop. I just need to get mine retouched up. Winter is around the corner and I can not have the Pearl looking bad even if he has to have  :E: :E:  :9: :9: snow on him.

Here is a list of my possible mods for this GTG.
Full time DRL
All on High
Wig Wag turn signals.
Under truck and bed lights.

I won't be able to do any mods for a while just started a new job. But i will be there when i can after drill it's a half dayer. I can't wait to learn some new stuff (y) (y) (y)

Hi guys, missed y'all. I have spent all labor day weekend working on the AV. Saturday morning the fuel pump went out, and then yesterday the window motor on the driver side rolled over and played dead. Long story short, and about $400.00 later and she's back on the road. (Although me and her are still not talking...lol). I will set my calendar for this GTG. And I'm sorry I've missed the last few. Super stoked about the Butterfield Cruise.

Great to hear from you Kyle. You have been missed. Look forward to seeing you again. Sorry your AV has been down. You ought to have it's bugs out by now right ?  :laugh:
See you there !

Looks like it's going to be another great turn out for a modding GTG.   I was planning on putting in a new cold air intake system for this one but it looks like I will not have the $$$ available to do so.   :cry:  I am planning on being there.  So if anyone needs help with any of there projects I will be happy to assist.  See you all there.   ;D

fires2bdoused75 said:
Hi guys, missed y'all. I have spent all labor day weekend working on the AV. Saturday morning the fuel pump went out, and then yesterday the window motor on the driver side rolled over and played dead. Long story short, and about $400.00 later and she's back on the road. (Although me and her are still not talking...lol). I will set my calendar for this GTG. And I'm sorry I've missed the last few. Super stoked about the Butterfield Cruise.

Hey Kyle!

Good to hear from you again! Sorry to hear about your AV.  :( When it rains it pours...  It will be great to see you again. I still have a bow tie for you if you need it.

See you there!

Muggles said:
Looks like it's going to be another great turn out for a modding GTG.   I was planning on putting in a new cold air intake system for this one but it looks like I will not have the $$$ available to do so.   :cry:  I am planning on being there.  So if anyone needs help with any of there projects I will be happy to assist.  See you all there.   ;D

Hi Michael! It has been a few GTG's since we have seen you too. Glad you are going to be able to make this one! It sounds like we have several big mod jobs that will be going on so the more help the better!

See you there too!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Back