• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Edmonton and area owners.

Edmonton Avy

I just joined back in September beacause I didn't know about this site until then.  If I would have known about it I would have joined long ago, seeing that I am now on my second Av.  Used to own a 06 Bermuda Blue Z-71, now I have a 08 Black LT3 fully loaded (with ambers) and love it way more than the 06.  I was wondering who else is from Edmonton?  I have seen that Boar-Ral is from Leduc but just wondering who else is out there.  I did see a 02-06 black Av with ambers yesterday on Castledowns Rd.  Was it someone from this site?

There are quite a few in the area.  Years ago, we got together on a weekly basis, even if it was just to meet and hang out, with a dash of discussion regarding our vehicles.  I am wondering if anyone would be interested in something like that again?

There are a couple vehicle groups where we get together every one or two weeks for wings or something similar, though we're all pretty chatty - you have to be, otherwise you run out of non-Avalanche things to discuss. :)

We'll see if any of the locals pipe in here, otherwise I'll see about contacting some of the ones I haven't heard from in a few months.

In the fall and winter, our events usually revolved around a day trip to see some of the sights of the province, so it might be possible that it can turn into a family event.  (Though at two and three, it might take another couple years yet - I have two daughters the same age.)  Something like the Royal Tyrell Museum might bore some children. :)

I wish I could get my daughters interested in such things.  Hopefully within one or two years!

So something like that might work out well, as that tends to be the sort of thing some of us enjoy doing.  We have also done the Reynold's Museum in the middle of a blizzard, as well as drives to different provincial parks throughout the province.

So let's see who else might pipe up, otherwise we'll try to come up with something ourselves.

Chrome AV said:
Hey, I thought you gonna get another AV, what happen to that?
j.

I've actually been looking the past couple months for something similar to my last one.  Traded in the H2 on an Excursion and got cash back, now looking for a cheap 1500 Avalanche.  Just looking for the right deal. :)

Chrome AV said:
I just bought another one, 2 weeks ago. An 04 beauty.
Now I have 2 of them. yay.
An averague price is at 10 000. I bought it for 8 000 cash.
Check www.trader.ca, also www.kijiji.ca, good luck.
Nice!  A lot better than what I was looking at this summer.  Most were closer to $15,000.  I will keep watching and see what I can find.  I think that this spring I'll be in a better situation to pick one up.

Chrome AV said:
An averague price is at 10 000. I bought it for 8 000 cash.

Man that's depressing... would hate to see what my poor ol 2002 truck is worth.  Glad I don't have any intentions on getting rid of her though!

Edmonton Represent  WORD!  :cool:

SurvivalFreak said:
Man that's depressing... would hate to see what my poor ol 2002 truck is worth.  Glad I don't have any intentions on getting rid of her though!

Edmonton Represent  WORD!   :cool:

I really don't care how much does it cost. The only thing it matters to me is how much is worth to me. I was ready to pay between 10 000 and 15 000 for an 04. The reason why it was so cheap is cause it had over 300 000kms and a bunch of dings and scrapes on it. And a bunch of broken elemens. However I had many replacement parts from my previous AV, cause I MODed it.
I hope this makes you feel a bit better.
:cheers: :cheers:

Hi everyone. I'm not from Edmonton, but St. Albert is close enough...  :D

I just bought an '07 Avalanche LT. Loaded to the nuts. Deep burgundy...don't see too many red ones on the road.

So far.... LOVE IT! I traded in an '09 Accord only 6 months old for it (long story, I'll tell you over beers some night). No regrets. Other than fuel efficiency usage :D, the Avy kicks the Accord's ass, hands down. Bonus, now I can pull my 31' travel trailer (again, long story).

So if anyone is planning any GTGs, let me know. I'm always up for grabbing a pint or two, provided it's not a night I have my boys.

Talk to you later.

Chris

Pictureman4575 said:
Hi everyone. I'm not from Edmonton, but St. Albert is close enough...  :D

I just bought an '07 Avalanche LT. Loaded to the nuts. Deep burgundy...don't see too many red ones on the road.

So far.... LOVE IT! I traded in an '09 Accord only 6 months old for it (long story, I'll tell you over beers some night). No regrets. Other than fuel efficiency usage :D, the Avy kicks the Accord's ass, hands down. Bonus, now I can pull my 31' travel trailer (again, long story).

So if anyone is planning any GTGs, let me know. I'm always up for grabbing a pint or two, provided it's not a night I have my boys.

Talk to you later.

Chris
Welcome to CAFCNA!

Are you interested in attending the Edmonton Motor Show this Saturday?  No one else has expressed interest in going yet.  Though I did just notice I have mail waiting! :D

Anyway, if you're in, just let me know!

Might be pretty tight this weekend. My oldest has swimming on Sat. till 1pm, then I'm having family over for supper....could make things pretty tight since I'd have to bring my boys with me, though they would get a kick out of the cars!

Hello everyone. Just joined up. I live west of Calmar. Just bought an 03 z71 Avalanche. It needed a bit of engine work so I got what I think is a good deal on it. It a full load with dvd, 6 cd player w Bose speakers, dual and rear climate, heated leather, heated mirrors, curb lights and so on and so on. Sort of the orange sunburst colour with cladding. This is my first Chevy daily driver since 1983. Back then it was a 68 c10 with a 230 six and 3 speed. Things have changed a bit. I've always thought Chevys were loaded up nicely with options and creature comforts. The ride is nice but I had an 01 f150 supercrew for 10 yrs, Mar 00 til Jan 10, and I feel the ford was built a bit tighter. No worries, we'll give this unit an honest shot. Seems to be a bit better on fuel but I've only got about 800 k on it since fixing the engine. The transmission sure shifts different from the Ford. Hope it's not ready to puke on me!
Never really realized how many avy's there were on the road until I bought one. They seem to be everywhere. Anyhow I thought I'd say hi. Gonna do some cruising around the site.
Ian

the big guy said:
Hello everyone. Just joined up. I live west of Calmar. Just bought an 03 z71 Avalanche... Never really realized how many avy's there were on the road until I bought one. They seem to be everywhere. Anyhow I thought I'd say hi. Gonna do some cruising around the site.
Ian

:welcome:  Ian from Calmar!  Nice to see theres still interest in the good ol girls.  Love the cladding  :love:  Sunburst Orange hey, I'll have to keep an eye out for you, I don't see many orange ones around besides mine!

You'll find tons of info on here, from troubleshooting issues to smart upkeep ideas, and then theres also the mod-a-holics anonymous group, where we get together and spend each others money like junkies.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, most everybody on here super friendly and more then helpful for a fellow Av'er.    :B:

Hey i am from Red Deer so i play both Calgary and Edmonton and i am down with a GTG somewhere in alberta this summer :D If your ever in the Red Deer area keep an eye out for my 2002 black cladded rolling the streets :D

Hey guys, thought I'd check in again. Last week I couldn't find my post, this week here it is. Oh well, no worries. Ya the sunburst or what ever official color it is is not too common. Since I bought mine I've noticed another one of the same vintage cruising around the Leduc area and one more of the newer platform around Calmar. Mine is totally stock except I've found out the dvd player is an add on. It's an Audio Vox unit and I guess Chevy didn't use those type for factory installs. I'm not much into mods. Just use it to get around. Not much time for that kind of stuff between 3 teenagers and work. I'd be interested in a day trip somewhere or even a trip to the hills. I try to get out camping and quading at least twice a year, more if I can, but the avy would only be able to come on day quad trips. Otherwise the trailers would be too much for the girl. Lets see what shapes up.
Ian

the big guy said:
Hey guys, thought I'd check in again. Last week I couldn't find my post, this week here it is. Oh well, no worries. Ya the sunburst or what ever official color it is is not too common. Since I bought mine I've noticed another one of the same vintage cruising around the Leduc area and one more of the newer platform around Calmar. Mine is totally stock except I've found out the dvd player is an add on. It's an Audio Vox unit and I guess Chevy didn't use those type for factory installs. I'm not much into mods. Just use it to get around. Not much time for that kind of stuff between 3 teenagers and work. I'd be interested in a day trip somewhere or even a trip to the hills. I try to get out camping and quading at least twice a year, more if I can, but the avy would only be able to come on day quad trips. Otherwise the trailers would be too much for the girl. Lets see what shapes up.
Ian
Nice!  From Leduc here!  Nice to see other Avy lovers around. :)

Back