• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cabela's GTG! Saturday, Nov 7th, 2009

UtahAV

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2004
SM 2003
top_01.gif

Cabela's GTG!
Saturday, Nov 7th, 2009
Meet at 10:00AM to cruise.

Cruise departs from:
WinCo Foods
7020 S. 700 W.
Midvale, UT 84047

Come with your AV friends for a day of fun and shopping at Cabela's! If you have not already visited Cabela's you are in for a treat! It is the Sportsman and outdoor recreationalist's toy store. You will find clothing, camping supplies, guns, fishing gear, hiking gear, outdoor electronics, home decor, food and much, much more! Cabela's is famous for their amazing displays of taxidermy set in natural looking surroundings and the fish aquariums. Be sure to bring the kids! There is even a Piper Cub airplane inside the store! Whether you plan to spend a years worth of Mod money or just take a look around, everyone will have a great time!

cabelas300.jpg

Utah's Cabela's is located at:
2502 W Grand Terrace Pky
Lehi, UT 84043

Cab-1.jpg

Attending:

UtahAV​
Trafficman​
badtuffstuff​
Aussie Red​
Funk_drum​

Do they sell rifles there ? Need to add a 308 to my collection. Not much on shopping gang but heck not passing on the chance to hang out with you all and get picked on  :love: :love:
Aussie and the Pearl are rolling with the Pearls new shinny chrome caps.

Aussie Red said:
Do they sell rifles there ? Need to add a 308 to my collection. Not much on shopping gang but heck not passing on the chance to hang out with you all and get picked on  :love: :love:
Aussie and the Pearl are rolling with the Pearls new shinny chrome caps.

Yeah, they have one or two...  >:D

Glad you are coming with!

See ya there!

-UtahAV
-Mark

:laugh: :laugh: been ages since I have been there. Ok so I will be over at the shootin gallery. Been needing to add a 308 to my stash.
Of course I am going. What give up a chance to have you and traffic pick on me ? Never !

funk_drum said:
Sure...Sarah and I will be there.  I've never been so it should be cool.

Good to hear it! Look forward to seeing you both!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Hey gang going to have to drop out. The Pearl isn't feeling well. Losing power. Had two dead batteries this week, had him towed in and they charged the batteries and now today he is only getting a reading of 6 to 8 on the gauge not 14 so am assuming I have a bad alternator or lose belt so he will be going to the Chevy Doctor next week but I really do not feel good taking him out.

Too bad Red.

The pics look just like the Cabelas in Lacey Washington.  Cablelas annual GTG in march is my favorite because we get our best turn outs.

Hope yours goes well!   (y)

Sorry to hear that Aussie. 

Heading up American Fork canyon after the meet to eat a little lunch at Tibble Fork Resevoir.

Ya'll can join us of'n ya'll wan 2

Pretty good Cruise  (y)

Had a fun time.

I lost a Radio  Though.......hmmmmmmmmmmmm..>Eachuder.

Thanks for the good times  :love:  :B:  and a lighter wallet  :beating:

Trafficman said:
Pretty good Cruise  (y)

Had a fun time.

I lost a Radio  Though.......hmmmmmmmmmmmm..>Eachuder.

Thanks for the good times  :love:  :B:  and a lighter wallet  :beating:

You didn't lose it...I just didn't give it back!  And it's ECHUDER as in "The two kittens liked echuder."

:E: :E: :E: The Pearl has been on the back of a tow truck twice in a week ! I think I finally convinced them the alternator was shot. Got a new one installed yesterday so we shall see. Now problem I have is
A ) code read MAF sensor last time and we all know now that was far far from his issue
      it in fact was a bad fuel pump. Fuel pump replaced issues stopped yet no code thrown

B) no code thrown for alternator yet when they took it off and tested it it was shot not
    doing what it is supposed to do so three times my new red top optimas were dead.

So what the heck is with this code thing anyway when I have to fight like a dutch uncle to get the thing that I know from cars prior to sensors sending codes are not working ?
Could it be the Pearl has a bad board or something that does not allow this truck to tattle on itself. I really am getting worried that something serious could be going out and I will not know until it is too late. Help gang you know I trust your opinions on these trucks.

By the time you get an alternator warning it's too late. I always monitor the voltmeter for 14.7 volts steady. Anything above or below that and I start checking things out.

See I was reading about 8 before I knew I had an issue. Prior to that I did not notice and he was DOA in the driveway. Anyway I was going down the road saw it was roughly about 8 not 14 like normal and then I watched it drop and lost the stereo as I was heading in. I knew then I was on battery power only. Ok here is the deal I call the dealer. lmao one guy who I spoke to said yes we charged your batteries the other day but one would not charge it has a dead cell. He further added that with a battery that is not charged that gage will go up and down. I call BS since I have the painless kit and that Batt was shut down anyway they tried to say that because they were not getting code Alternator is good.
Anyway talked them in to replacing alternator and he seems to have the right reading now in fact it is 15 .

I have always had big pulls from my alternator and battery. Usually pulled by big stereos and other electronics. Anytime you are drawing off of that battery your voltmeter is your best friend. when that begins to move around, there is an issue. It sounds like you have made it to the bottom of the issue. I hope that the pearl is happy and healthy now. We missed having you at the GTG but we all know that we would do the same thing. Hope to see you at the next one. :wave:

Thanks Chris missed all of you too. Not too sure this is the end of the problem. Went out today to test drive him, ran at 14 then major drop then raise then bounce so I just have no clue here. Guess he can sit in the driveway until Skip comes in for Christmas. I just have no idea if he is going to run or not and frankly I do not like having to be stranded. 

Avalanche0_2 said:
you may want to try going with a high output alternator.
Thought of that too but since the strobes are on a switch and not drawing power unless I turn them on , same with train horns and I rarely run them except at gtg's it should not be an issue should it ? Now if having sail panel lights draws too much power Chevy better get out of the business because that would also mean towing a trailer with it's lights and electric brakes is too much for their alternators.
I am taking him to 4 wheel parts to have them make sure nothing in their wiring is done wrong and or broken. Then if that is not the case he goes to Chevy until it is found.
Can not really see a need for a bigger alternator. Basically all that runs on the Pearl is original except sail lights. Other devices are off.

I run 3 stereo amps, a head unit, ipod converter, mixer, 120 psi train horn compressor (on 24/7), sail lights, HID's low beams, FTRL's Line of Fire bar, illuminated brake and gas pedal, 14" neon bar (on rear amp), two neon rings (on subs) and multiple LED's in the dash, all on a stock 02 alternator. I use this stuff daily, but have even more like my various strobes that are mainly for GTG's. You shouldn't  need an HD alternator for what you are doing Joyce.

Thanks Tom that is what I am thinking. There has to be something not working somewhere but I do not know where. So I am going to have all the wiring from AM parts rechecked. Then if all is sound there Chevy had better figure this out. The Pearl has been ill for two weeks now and frankly I am afraid to start him. Guess I could be a pain in their back side by taking him out daily until he stops running and have them tow him in  :laugh: eventually they will figure the cost of towing is getting too high.
I just can not figure out with two red tops fully charged, and new alternator why I am fluctuating on the gage like that. I mean from around 15 down to 8 and anywhere in between. Thanks again Tom and if you have any ideas I welcome them. I would love to tell them what to check out since they always start on my AM parts for everything.

Back