• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Black Friday Dinner GTG. Friday, Nov 27th, 2009

UtahAV

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2004
SM 2003
Black Friday Dinner GTG
Friday, Nov 27th, 2009
3629 Center Park Dr.
West Jordan, UT 84084
Time: 6:30 PM

Time for our second annual Black Friday GTG! If you don't know, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when everyone goes shopping and retailers see their profits go into the black. (If you ask the employee's at the stores they will tell you it is black for other reasons though!) After a long day of shopping and of course cooking the entire day before, a dinner GTG sounds like a good idea! You have to eat right!​

We haven't decided on the unfortunate restaurant that will have the honor of hosting us yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We will need a place with a family menu. Lets here some suggestions. If there are only a few of us going we won't worry about a reservation. If there is a large group then I will see what I can do. Please post how many will be with you. Also please post if the time is too early or too late and it can be adjusted a bit.​

Attending:
UtahAV (2)​
badtuffstuff (2)​
Avalanche0_2 (3)​
Funk_drum  (I know you said maybe but you are on the list now so you have to come!  >:D)​
RV'in AV2500 (2)​

Sorry I am so late with this. I will try to do better with our future events.

Hope you will all come with. This is a fun GTG!

Thanks!

-UtahAV
-Mark

This was a lot of fun last year. Red Robin was SLAMMED but sat us and we had a great meal with great freinds.
We are in. Could be Just my Wife and I.

BTW I am flexible. I like chili's or Iggy's or anyplace like that. I LOVE Red Robin as well.

Sounds good to me.

I will add to the list Applebee's or Famous Dave's.

It looks like we will be a small group (maybe just the two AV's...) so I don't think we will need a reservation.

Come on folks! You have to eat! This is a fun GTG!

Hey Chad, where are you? We are counting on you and your mother for this one. We had fun with you guys last year!

-UtahAV
-Mark

I'm here, they blocked internet access at work so I dont have as much time to play on the net as I use to  :laugh: Im sure we will be going to this one. Chillis sounds good or applebees, never been to famous daves.

If you want the best BBQ, I mean real BBQ, we can his Pat's BBQ.  It's off 2100 S and about 100 W.  I'm not sure if I'm in or not yet, but the Av is clean so it's ready to roll.

I see two votes for Chili's so I will add a vote and say lets make that the place.

Anyone have a location in mind? I think Jordan Landing is pretty central to the group. (Sorry Tommy, I can't remember what part of the valley you live in.) If anyone has another location in mind please chime in. Maybe a less busy location??

-UtahAV
-Mark

Hey gang you all have a great time. No way do I even go out on Black Friday. The Pearl will be safely tucked in his driveway. I have good food here and hate even the thought of going out on Black Friday sorry.

I just pulled up the locations. The ones that look promising to me are...

Jordan Landing (probably the most busy)

The District (13400 S. off of Bangerter)

Fort Union  (7200 S. 10th eastish)

Decker Lake (3500 S. I-215 area)

Centennial Park (3075 S. 5600 W.)

What do you all think? I personally would rather drive than wait for ever. I really don't know which will have the shortest wait though. I will leave it up to a consensus.

-UtahAV
-Mark

Decker Lake or Jordan Landing for me. I think we can call ahead as well. They take a type of reservation where they reserve your spot in line.

OK, Jordan Landing it is.

Chad + 2

Chris, is it going to be you and Jennifer or kids too?

-UtahAV
-Mark

Hey Chris,

How does the call ahead thing work? Do I need to call now or at like 6:00 or 6:15? Do they add me when I call or can I call now and tell them we will be ready at 6:45?

Thanks!

-UtahAV
-Mark

i am not sure. i think you just call like an hour before hand. but you might be able to talk them into it with the size of our group.

We are on the list for 6:45. Group of 9.

If anyone hasn't been following the thread we are at the Jordan Landing location. The address is on the first post of this thread.

-UtahAV
-Mark

thanks everyone for a great time. what a blast. i always enjoy getting out and hanging with all of you. dinner was great and the company was better. see you all for thanksgiving point.

You are right Chris!  We had a wonderful time. Thanks to you and Jen, Chad and his family and my folks for coming out. I love this GTG! It is fun to meet with friends during the holiday and talk about our trucks and our Black Friday shopping war stories!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

-UtahAV
-Mark

Avalanche0_2 said:
"Crickets"
Trafficman I know you like to eat where are you?

I'm sorrry I missed it.  I was in Idaho hunting a Christmas tree in the Eastern Idaho Mountains. 
I'm sure Nicole and I would have rather been with you all.
You see we were way up in the mountains,  We treked to the top of one mountain looking for that perfect tree and came back to the truck for turkey sandwiches and hot chocolate.  We then went the other way and we were not going to climb, but we did anyway.  Nicole was with Jimmy and I was with Kent Jr.  when Jimmy yelled down to us saying Mom got hurt.  We tore up the mountainside and found her laying in the snow holding her right ankle.  We half dragged and half carried her down the Mountain then I got the Idea to take off my snow suit and put her on it.  I sent Jimmy back to the trucks for help from My parents and brother.  My nephew came running with Jimmy and we carried her on the snow suit another mile through a creek and finally to the road.  I ran back to my AV and drove it over and got her in the back seat and we went back to Idaho Falls 68 miles 42  on Snow covered dirt roads. to the redicare center and they took xrays and she broke her tibula right at the ankle.  They gave her a boot to wear and told us to see our doctor her in SLC.  We went in Tuesday and the bone had moved a little more so they put her in a real pretty blue cast.  So I have been at home with her.  I will be going to work tomorrow.  She can not put any weight on her right foot for 6 weeks.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Back